We are seeing first hand why GGG needs to step in..

Since I was shadow banned on Reddit for posting this, I'll post it here as well.

[Removed by Support]

The link of the screenshot showing players purposely abusing the market was removed by support. You can see what I mean by simply looking at chaos to exalt prices, and vice versa on poe.trade however.

We are seeing first hand why GGG needs to step in and take trading into their own hands, and on their own platform.

Letting people get away with setting fake prices to purposely flip items & destroy an ENTIRE market is 100% unacceptable.

As someone who has primarily been a trader since 2011, sinking thousands of hours into it. Somebody who enjoys trading more than leveling most of the time. It deeply saddens me that we've finally hit this point in the trading scheme of things.

I honestly would prefer going back to the alpha & CBT days where we traded in-game through the public boards, on the forums & Trade chat if I had to choose between now & then.

I propose one of two solutions:

1) We need a system in place to blacklist these accounts & IPs entirely through poe.trade. How exactly we would do this is a bit more complicated, and I think the only possible way to do it properly would involve time sunk in by the community/devs of poe.trade. With that being said it would take about 10 minutes to get rid of most of these guys currently, due to the fact of how blatantly they are manipulating the market.

2) GGG steps in & adds some sort of "trading hub"/auction house in-game. This way if you want to post an Exalt for 45 chaos, go ahead because I'd love to buy it. You would then not have the power of anonymity & ignoring whispers, which would make this problem go away instantly.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Jan 8, 2017, 7:46:18 PM
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2017, 1:46:08 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Our groups actually monitoring it, It's actually hilarious even we don't do that. It's even lower go check it out.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Huh some of these aren't even people no joke there.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Yeah, it's actually such an incredible oversight I don't even know how to word it.

I've been waiting for something like this to happen for awhile now.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Can't ban or blacklist for any of this. The economy is the PVP of PoE. GGG wants and likes it that way.

Also, as the thousands upon thousands of bot accounts continue to farm and sell, this will get worse as time goes on. Shut one down = two take their place.
alright see those 40s 2 of them are bots the person bellow is a unfortunate by stander now a domino effect will be in effect thanks to those 2 and the bystander.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jan 8, 2017, 7:04:26 PM
"
alright see those 40s 2 of them are bots the person bellow is a unfortunate by stander now a domino effect will be in effect thanks to those 2 and the bystander.

Like I said, if it's 2-1 now, expect 4-1 soon.
"
Can't ban or blacklist for any of this. The economy is the PVP of PoE. GGG wants and likes it that way.

Also, as the thousands upon thousands of bot accounts continue to farm and sell, this will get worse as time goes on. Shut one down = two take their place.

Why can't you ban or blacklist for any of this?

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
"

Why can't you ban or blacklist for any of this?

Because, it's within the rules of the game and as far as GGG is concerned just clever trading tactics.

Find a way to outmaneuver them. Think of it as a PVP battle!
How would you all feel if xyz put a disclaimer at the top saying something like:

"Please be aware that poe.trade only indexes offers, not completed trades. Thus, some offers may not reflect actual demand or supply. When trading, take care to avoid false market signals where possible."

?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info