We are seeing first hand why GGG needs to step in..

Well it´s 3rd party side so nothing will changed till then.

GGG could control their AH, add some kind of anti bot system (captcha..) or items being traded might become bound to account for some time or whatever.
"
Phrazz wrote:
But this whole "Wraeclast is an unforgiving place"-quote from GGG, isn't an explanation - it's an excuse.

Actually to revise your quote, it's "Wraeclast is an unforgiving place, except when we step in and capriciously do whatever we want"

Since apparently you can do things like scam in moderation, but not scam a lot.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Btw, after I posted this I got two messages from people calling me names, and the scam offers were removed from poe.trade.

So at least that's gone for now.

Only problem it's still easily manipulative no matter what, they were just doing it on such a grand scale it was ridiculously easy to get rid of.

Still, +1 to poe.trade.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Jan 9, 2017, 4:55:16 PM
I've just returned to trading after a couple years hiatus, after realising SSF was getting me nowhere and after blowing thru a heap of my accumulated chaos trying to craft a better bow (to handle the harder content compared to two years ago).

So I'm a bit of a noob to trading again.

Is my understanding (at the cheaper end of the scale) of this thread correct then that there could be items that are listed for 1c (or 1 alch, or 1 fuse), but that these are just fake offers trying to suck noobs like me into selling these items for 1c, when in reality their fair price is higher?

"
cdchi1 wrote:
I've just returned to trading after a couple years hiatus, after realising SSF was getting me nowhere and after blowing thru a heap of my accumulated chaos trying to craft a better bow (to handle the harder content compared to two years ago).

Is my understanding (at the cheaper end of the scale) of this thread correct then that there could be items that are listed for 1c (or 1 alch, or 1 fuse), but that these are just fake offers trying to suck noobs like me into selling these items for 1c, when in reality their fair price is higher?

Its possible... but normally the items whose prices are being manipulated are more valuable. GENERALLY speaking if you see 20 of an item listed for an alch, you can be safe to assume that is correct.
U MAD?
"
cdchi1 wrote:

Correct. Take a look at a lot of more expensive uniques and what not to see proof.

But like the poster below said, if you see A LOT of items posted for that price, then it's probably safe to assume that's a correct price, for now anyways.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
cdchi1 wrote:

Its possible... but normally the items whose prices are being manipulated are more valuable. GENERALLY speaking if you see 20 of an item listed for an alch, you can be safe to assume that is correct.

Cheers I was thinking more like an Auxium belt. I remember when they were more expensive. Anyway there's a few 1c listing, then a few 2c listings etc etc. As soon as I listed it for 1c I got msgs straight away to buy it. Then I saw this thread and though maybe I've fallen into the trap. Would that be an example, or is 1c for an Auxium these days indeed a reasonable price?
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

Actually to revise your quote, it's "Wraeclast is an unforgiving place, except when we step in and capriciously do whatever we want"

Since apparently you can do things like scam in moderation, but not scam a lot.

Yeah, hypocrisy's a bitch!
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
cdchi1 wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
cdchi1 wrote:

Cheers I was thinking more like an Auxium belt. I remember when they were more expensive. Anyway there's a few 1c listing, then a few 2c listings etc etc. As soon as I listed it for 1c I got msgs straight away to buy it. Then I saw this thread and though maybe I've fallen into the trap. Would that be an example, or is 1c for an Auxium these days indeed a reasonable price?

Right now on Breach SC, Auxium is 1c or less.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
cdchi1 wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Right now on Breach SC, Auxium is 1c or less.

Cheers ok, I'm playing Std so I guess 1c is fine, and I'm more likely than not ok with lower priced items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info