PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

EXALTED ORB Price Shenanigans [Delirium] 127:1 What is even going on?

"
Regardless of why it is happening, a currency crash is never fun in mid leagues. All of those uniques people were saving 3ex for? Yeah they're now 10ex basically overnight.

I had a couple of friends quit the season because right when they got the amount they needed to get some of the items they wanted, the prices of them tripled.

Kind of unfortunate...but such is Wraeclast I guess.

Then list them for chaos duhhhhh.
Deliver pain exquisite
I think because a lot of items were being sold for chaos only. For example I was trying to buy a Dying Sun and the cheapest ones were 280chaos or w/e. I had only several exalts, but no chaos. So I just said fuck it, sold the exalt for cheap chaos so I can buy then buy the Dying Sun (or w/e item was being sold).

That's my hypothesis anyway, or as others have said, basic market flipping. I was just getting sick and tired of waiting around forever I just decided to sell the exalt for cheap chaos to get my fucking items, lol.

And I think I am not the only one who did this and thus yeah, chaos:exalt ratio is now fucked!
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jan 9, 2017, 1:36:12 PM
Thing is item listings are super slow as well right now, things that were getting listed every few seconds are now popping up once or twice an hour. I have many of the same live searches going for 3 leagues (I take stuff back to standard and am always looking for bargains and upgrades, and it's much the same things, jewels with life/ES% and three damage stats, 6 links of specific specs, Redblade helms, etc etc, I literally have the same layout of live search tabs saved for 3 leagues... trading is just dead af.

The chaos to exalt ratio drop looks like only one thing in my experience: duping or some exploit or bug that gets Exalt Div cards to drop excessively. Except that the exalt prices on many things has not skyrocketed (yet) which would be the next shoe to drop that I would expect to see if this drop was due to a sudden flood of excess exalts into the market.

Agree with many here that normal usage explanations parandus coffers, and simple price fixing are simply not going to devalue currency by this much in such a short span of time. Price fixing the currency wopuld require wide spread collusion of many sources of exalts, and probably would have been preceeded by a large SPIKE in the value of exalts as they all tried to gather enough exalts to dominate the marketplace... it's just not very plausible IMO.

I also don't buy Steams stats, they don't gibe with how dead this league feels right now.

I keep seeing 3ex items being listed for 3ex and (or 150 chaos (edit gud at math lol)), which makes this even more puzzling. prices of items the ones I'm watching at any rate are not going crazy and are similar to what they were 2 weeks ago, 3 days ago etc.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Jan 9, 2017, 1:50:11 PM
The problem with listing items in chaos rather than exalt is much the same as if we in US still had a cash economy and the gov't inexplicably took all bills over $5 out of circulation. People now have to carry wads of small bills to buy large items.

The sheer numbers should tell people something. There shouldn't be hundreds of people trading ex. At one point yesterday I saw as low as 21c. Give me a break.
Censored.
Okay so looking at prices

Anima stone: 195ish chaos or about 4 ex, the same bottom end price as before the devaluation of exalts
Primordial crimson: 170ish chaos also basically same exalt price (converting the current chaos cost of 50-ish c to 1 exalt) which was about 3.5 last week and also the same ratio relative to anima stones. They have been running about 30c cheaper all league.
Primodial cobalt: 7-8 chaos same. I feel like checking the other one (about 2 chaos) would be pointless it's probably still 1-2c

The red Nightmare: about 4.5 to 5.5 exalts or 275 chaos (still some listed for exalts) same deal. Identical to last week

6l's same typical prices

Skyforths 30 (might be two price fixers) or more realistically 33 exalts... this is also the same basic price as last week (it's been slowly lowering from 35 exalts for while).

So IMO this makes the Exalt drop even more puzzling, you'll find items still being listed for the same relative exalt cost... before the drop not many people were listing in hundreds of chaos increments (they are now doing so in much larger numbers reflecting the lack of confidence in exalts) so clearly the market is informed. The actual cost of items is basically identical exalt for exalt, given that it's lost 20c that's pretty bizarre. for example a few days ago if someone were to list an Anima stone using hundreds of chaos, it would have been 275 ish and on the occasions when they were listed this way that's exactly what they were, I know I've divided 250-300 chaos by 68 for a couple weeks now when it's happened. Now they are listed for 195-200.

"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Jan 9, 2017, 3:42:55 PM
"
i believe the community would appreciate an official response from GGG. Isnt it shame the wealth of some many legitimate players to get plummeted by the "open and trustworthy" economy rules you have set?

i am a super fan of this game dont get me wrong..but I am just wondering

when this game started in open beta exalts were 1:15 chaos, its a ratio between currencies, if you own chaos orbs right now your wealth is going up, not down.

I wont be happy with exalts until the rate hits at least 1:30, anything higher than that is an abomination resulting from ggg not dropping enough exalts.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
i believe the community would appreciate an official response from GGG. Isnt it shame the wealth of some many legitimate players to get plummeted by the "open and trustworthy" economy rules you have set?

i am a super fan of this game dont get me wrong..but I am just wondering

when this game started in open beta exalts were 1:15 chaos, its a ratio between currencies, if you own chaos orbs right now your wealth is going up, not down.

I wont be happy with exalts until the rate hits at least 1:30, anything higher than that is an abomination resulting from ggg not dropping enough exalts.

The good old times.

No idea why people going nuts over some arbitrary exalt:chaos ratio and demanding a response from GGG ?!
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Sure
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
maybe because of the perandus coffers challenge?
rolled like 60 perandus maps

1 coffer..

Whoah thats unlucky, took me about 50 maps to get to 10.
The point is, chaos prices really get low sometimes, just because that is how economy works. But, lowering 30c~ in 24 hours? That is because people who drops a single chaos every week ALWAYS lower their prices to sell it quickly, and this is getting out of control for some reason.
I think more people are playing the game now, casually. Probably more people are dropping 1ex and rushing to sell it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info