EXALTED ORB Price Shenanigans [Delirium] 127:1 What is even going on?

It's price fixing, none of those best offer guys is responding, as soon as you get to the more realistic rates you can make a trade.
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

OTOH I'll blow 15c on each map all day.

You need a better build then... you shoudn't be rolling over that many mods lol

Just opposite. I dont roll over mods I roll into them. I roll for over 40% pack size. Over 100% quant every map. Plus bloodlines every map. I'd say avg 15c per map. But I swim in 16s which i sell. I running only 15-16 now.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 8, 2017, 3:10:16 PM
The price of exalted orbs crashed since shortly after 2.5.1, which was 2 weeks ago.

This is because of the new divination card The saint's treasure (10/10 for 2ex), which drops from warehouse and marketplace.

We're seeing this crash at least partially because of botting. Cheat websites posted about marketplace botting for ex and bots were updated for this. It was GGG's mistake to add extreme rewards to some of the easiest and unlimited availability content. Of course they say they're catching the bots already but when you know many players who have been using flask macros for 3+ leagues you're skeptical of ggg's automation detection/enforcement.

"
Boem wrote:
The new mapping experience and tiers screwed over the chaos recipe extremely hard.

It takes like a few levels of mapping now to be in the tiers that provide regals and i don't think a lot of people will bother running lower content to simply complete for chaoses.

Peace,

-Boem-

Except in breach league we get a ton of chaos recipe appropriate rares from running breachstones. A lot of players aren't picking up rares or bothering to do the recipe anymore though, because the speed meta is so extreme it's more profitable to keep zerging.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jan 8, 2017, 3:23:15 PM
they all will come to standard in the end, where 1 exa is 90C.
Yesss get cheaper
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
tinko92 wrote:
It's price fixing, none of those best offer guys is responding, as soon as you get to the more realistic rates you can make a trade.
Yep, its multiple people price fixing chaos.

I messaged around 20 while streaming, no reply/afk/auto message saying they dont have any. Turned off my stream to eat and whispered around 50 more, same thing, not a single one of them are selling. People are blatantly artificially deflating the price.

XYZ needs to remove the ability to post currency exchanges without having the currency. Basically wasted an hour and a half going through most of them and still didnt find anyone selling, they all fake listings.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
All this stuff you mention makes sense, but thing is it what always like that.

It doesn't explain why Exalted SUDDENLY out of the blue dropped from 70 to 50-40c in 2 days...this process is slow and I don't believe it could naturally happen so fast.

I think there was some reason for this at first and then price fixers came in and cemented Exalted orbs drop off. Some people might panic now and really sell their Exalted orbs for cheap.

What major event could happened in the last few days?

Theory about new Divination card that bots farm seems reasonable, but wasn't it introduced like week ago or something like that, so it could not flop Exalted price so suddenly in a matter of 2 days?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Jan 8, 2017, 6:39:10 PM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Cheat sites released optimized marketplace/warehouse bots to farm the 2ex div card released 2 weeks ago. It took a while to optimize the bots.

There's that + market panic + massive price manipulation.

I want to see a serious massive ban wave of bots/macros/overlays (shrine/box alert) etc. In many ways I wish this game wasn't FTP because the botters just make new free accounts (edit: there's not even a good Turing test to prevent automation of account creation; the type of simple captcha they use has been thwarted by anti captcha technology for at least 5 years now).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jan 8, 2017, 6:53:06 PM
"
Vhlad wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Cheat sites released optimized marketplace/warehouse bots to farm the 2ex div card released 2 weeks ago. It took a while to optimize the bots.

There's that + market panic + massive price manipulation.

I want to see a serious massive ban wave of bots/macros/overlays (shrine/box alert) etc. In many ways I wish this game wasn't FTP because the botters just make new free accounts (edit: there's not even a good Turing test to prevent automation of account creation; the type of simple captcha they use has been thwarted by anti captcha technology for at least 5 years now).

But why would it take so much time?...I am still not sold on this one. We need GGG's stance on this. But they probably won't say anything, because they claim that "They ban a lot of botters"...
You think ~15 days is "so much time" to find out where the div cards drop, repurpose/optimize a bot to farm those zones, and disseminate it on cheat sites?

For something that happened over Christmas/new years, that's pretty fast. Accurate drop locations for the saint's treasure weren't even on the public wiki until Dec 30th.

Edit: It may be the case that bot farming these zones is not as lucrative as rumors suggest, and price manipulators are riding the panic train to crash in. If GGG collected turn-in (or accumulation) data on saint's treasure they'd know one way or the other.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jan 8, 2017, 7:10:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info