EXALTED ORB Price Shenanigans [Delirium] 127:1 What is even going on?

And here I am thinking of leaving Xbox because folks want 3 Exalts or more for a 0 linked Windripper. Or anything else they deem to be popular and overprice it.

Exalt on Xbox is 70c.

For the love of god, folks stop buying the damn item.

If it does not sell the price drops.

How did this happen?

Because I am a casual scrub I would never ever be able to get any build going.
On PC. It would take me whole league on PC to get 1 Exalt.
(Well this is un-true, as all the PC prices for the rest items are a fairly good price and easy to get with just a little chaos recipe farming)

I do not know how you guys get the Chaos to play this game.
Not even talking about just buying the gear you want but re-rolling the mods you want, crafting the mods you want and such.

Chaos is such a useful item on its own I do not understand how it became the standard for being the main in-game currency.
Well, I guess I answered my own question there.
It is because Choas is so useful in crafting items that it became the main currency.

I like this game I really do, but last night I am finding I am rethinking this whole game.

I got a Wind and Thunder prophecy last night on Xbox for 10c.
Great I saved my self oh about 200c.

Now I spent time trying to proc this prophecy last night in the Arcade and Temple maps, I spent my last 20c on buying those maps and have now gone over to Alch's and fusings to get more maps because the damn thing won't proc.

I am going to spend more on maps then I would have in buying the windripper outright.

It is times like this that I wish PoE had just a general Gold as currency.

"
xPeleusx wrote:
And here I am thinking of leaving Xbox because folks want 3 Exalts or more for a 0 linked Windripper. Or anything else they deem to be popular and overprice it.

Exalt on Xbox is 70c.

If it does not sell the price drops.

How did this happen?

Because I am a casual scrub I would never ever be able to get any build going.
On PC. It would take me whole league on PC to get 1 Exalt.
(Well this is un-true, as all the PC prices for the rest items are a fairly good price and easy to get with just a little chaos recipe farming)

I do not know how you guys get the Chaos to play this game.
Not even talking about just buying the gear you want but re-rolling the mods you want, crafting the mods you want and such.

Chaos is such a useful item on its own I do not understand how it became the standard for being the main in-game currency.
Well, I guess I answered my own question there.
It is because Choas is so useful in crafting items that it became the main currency.

I like this game I really do, but last night I am finding I am rethinking this whole game.

I got a Wind and Thunder prophecy last night on Xbox for 10c.
Great I saved my self oh about 200c.

Now I spent time trying to proc this prophecy last night in the Arcade and Temple maps, I spent my last 20c on buying those maps and have now gone over to Alch's and fusings to get more maps because the damn thing won't proc.

I am going to spend more on maps then I would have in buying the windripper outright.

It is times like this that I wish PoE had just a general Gold as currency.

The longer I play the more I realize that paining yourself over currency isn't really necessary. Get by with cheaper items and learn to make better builds and you can have just as much if not more fun. Most of all don't chase overinflated currency swings during the league - pure waste of the time you put into the game playing and farming. If it's something you feel you have to have wait until it's cheaper and do something else for now.
"
Mythreindeer wrote:

The longer I play the more I realize that paining yourself over currency isn't really necessary. Get by with cheaper items and learn to make better builds and you can have just as much if not more fun. Most of all don't chase overinflated currency swings during the league - pure waste of the time you put into the game playing and farming. If it's something you feel you have to have wait until it's cheaper and do something else for now.

Yeah, but I think it is just me on Xbox currently.

I think if I moved to PC, I would be having a little more fun as most builds are fairly reasonable to fund, at 20c per piece of gear. It is only a very small amount of gear that are high priced on PC and I do not play those builds.

But on Xbox even the average build to fund is getting into the 10 - 20 exalt range.

The other problem currently is I can't multicraft items.
So I can't craft items and improve build to the full extent.
As the prophecies, I need to get to them are not showing up.

Again the cost of these prophecies on PC is much cheaper then they are on Xbox.

"
xPeleusx wrote:

Its like saying "for the love of god, folks stop buying those damn GPU's, then the price will drop!"
"
Aynix wrote:
"
xPeleusx wrote:

Its like saying "for the love of god, folks stop buying those damn GPU's, then the price will drop!"

Well, you are not wrong on that either.

I want to thank you, folks, for letting me vent a little bit here today.

Like I said the game is fun, I like it. I like having new content every 3 months.
But there are times when the drops and stuff are just not going your way.
I will Xbox another go this weekend and if I am still in the same spot I will go to PC for the rest of the league.

Will see how I fair on that.

Then this will give me a better indication as to what version I enjoyed more,
and what I will play in the future.

Wouldn't it be funny if a certain person who is rather prominent in this thread created it with the sole purpose of sparking off panic buying/selling in order to cash in on the fluctuating ratio?
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
"
Wouldn't it be funny if a certain person who is rather prominent in this thread created it with the sole purpose of sparking off panic buying/selling in order to cash in on the fluctuating ratio?

would that make him a bot??

cause the ratio is only due to bots...so...BOT! *points finger*
WTS 5 exalted orbs for dirty cheap 5500 chaos!
Sale!

(because quitting league)

xD
194+
194! Glad I quit. Good job doing something about the bots GGG. NOT.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info