3.0 UPDATED] Raider Elemental Crit Spectral Throw - Shaper and t16 viable

What is the benefit of going LL with this build over CI? just out of curiosity. I've always played life builds, so haven't had any experience with LL/CI.
I want to ask 2 questions.

1. Is it necessary to use herald of ice?
2. Because herald of ice, manapool is terribly low, i am ooming after one attack,any ideas ?

Bonus question 2 in 1 , atziri gauntlets are viable with 2 high ele foils?
Finally starting to get some good stuff going, only 18k dps in HO, but it is getting there!

What would the best focus be to improve upon now? I am gonna replace the resistance rings asap with two with WED and life, but other than that I am a bit unsure where to focus.

My weapon is not the best there is, but it has ok crit chance, and for the price (some alch spam on white bases) it was not too shabby.

Some new Gripped gloves would also be nice to get, but not sure that should be my first priority.

Spoiler

I did a slight change in your build, by dropping orb of storms and adding the golem. I am using a crit chance golem, but I might switch to attack speed or damage one since the accuracy bonus on the ice golem is kinda wasted.

This also freed one slot for enligthen, which is not needed, but is something I found and have no better idea for yet.
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Dec 27, 2016, 8:38:42 AM
hello guys, thoughts about this amu on that build?

Hey it's me again. I wanted to post an update and summary after playing this build for a couple of days.
Simply put this build is amazing for such a simple ele ST char. It's not too expensive, can do all endgame content, and doesn't use any flashy uniques.
My Gear and Stuff

Stats:
Hideout dps: 37.7k (GMP and Auras)
Life: 5823
Crit Chance: 44.1%
Evasion: 29%
Cost: ~10ex

I was able to kill shaper :D
Spoiler

Shaper fight was pretty easy. I did 4 runs in total, 1 deathless and the other 3 runs I died only once on each.
The single-target dps on shaper is amazing and his minions die really quickly. The only real trouble I had was the second "Unshaped" boss encounter. This is where I would usually die. It would use that frostbolt vortex barrage thingy and shotgun me with it so I might try using a cold flask next time. Otherwise I had no other troubles with the shaper fight.

Note that for shaper you pretty much have to min/max your build (But I mean any build that can kill shaper is probably min/maxed already xD). As in 20/20 gems, lvl 21 wrath, added lightning, etc...

Guardians were also straightforward (though I've done them before on other builds). Minotaur, you can just facetank as long as the map mods aren't too bad. Hydra is simple, just dodge everything and she dies quickly. Chimera himself is pretty weak, but the minions are kinda scary. Phoenix is pretty easy too, but you gotta watch out for the little phoenixes, they hurt.

Uber lab, you're vaal pact so lab traps suck but you can kill Izaro real quickly.

Atziri is also easy, didn't try out uber Atziri though.

Mapping is also very fast, but that's a given with any ST build.

Overall, this build is simply amazing. I don't know what else to say, you can facetank bosses since you have crazy leech (even without vinktar's), the clear speed is great, and the survivability is pretty good. You can do pretty much all the endgame content with this, and it's not ridiculously expensive.

Funny thing is, I tried out that "King of the Forest" build that's really popular, I had everything (21 added chaos, 20/20 gems, Dying Sun, +1 arrow Drillneck, Vulnerability, 6L Queen, 5L Reach, flat chaos %chaos jewelry) but the +2 barrage devotos lol. Yet I still struggled on endgame content like Shaper (not only that but King of the Forest is also twice as expensive).

I see people going CI with the HOWA claws, and while it melts shaper so does this build (yes I too can out leech shaper beam with vinktar)
Last edited by Thunder71 on Dec 27, 2016, 4:53:20 PM
"
Thunder71 wrote:
Hey it's me again. I wanted to post an update and summary after playing this build for a couple of days.
Simply put this build is amazing for such a simple ele ST char. It's not too expensive, can do all endgame content, and doesn't use any flashy uniques.
My Gear and Stuff

Stats:
Hideout dps: 37.7k (GMP and Auras)
Life: 5823
Crit Chance: 44.1%
Evasion: 29%
Cost: ~10ex

I was able to kill shaper :D
Spoiler

Shaper fight was pretty easy. I did 4 runs in total, 1 deathless and the other 3 runs I died only once on each.
The single-target dps on shaper is amazing and his minions die really quickly. The only real trouble I had was the second "Unshaped" boss encounter. This is where I would usually die. It would use that frostbolt vortex barrage thingy and shotgun me with it so I might try using a cold flask next time. Otherwise I had no other troubles with the shaper fight.

Note that for shaper you pretty much have to min/max your build (But I mean any build that can kill shaper is probably min/maxed already xD). As in 20/20 gems, lvl 21 wrath, added lightning, etc...

Guardians were also straightforward (though I've done them before on other builds). Minotaur, you can just facetank as long as the map mods aren't too bad. Hydra is simple, just dodge everything and she dies quickly. Chimera himself is pretty weak, but the minions are kinda scary. Phoenix is pretty easy too, but you gotta watch out for the little phoenixes, they hurt.

Uber lab, you're vaal pact so lab traps suck but you can kill Izaro real quickly.

Atziri is also easy, didn't try out uber Atziri though.

Mapping is also very fast, but that's a given with any ST build.

Overall, this build is simply amazing. I don't know what else to say, you can facetank bosses since you have crazy leech (even without vinktar's), the clear speed is great, and the survivability is pretty good. You can do pretty much all the endgame content with this, and it's not ridiculously expensive.

Funny thing is, I tried out that "King of the Forest" build that's really popular, I had everything (21 added chaos, 20/20 gems, Dying Sun, +1 arrow Drillneck, Vulnerability, 6L Queen, 5L Reach, flat chaos %chaos jewelry) but the +2 barrage devotos lol. Yet I still struggled on endgame content like Shaper (not only that but King of the Forest is also twice as expensive).

I see people going CI with the HOWA claws, and while it melts shaper so does this build (yes I too can out leech shaper beam with vinktar)

Hey man, really glad to hear the build worked out so well for you, you managed to get some pretty sweet gear :) I played king of the forest last leguage aswell after my first char (occultist crit firestorm) didnt work out for shaper (to low dps). Comparing it to this build i think king of the forest winds on general clear speed and propably also on single target dps output, but it is a lot more expensive to gear and has the BIG downside of no vaal pact and no auto frenzy charges -- i found it e.g. really hard to do minotaur with king of the forest while he is really faceroll with this build.

About shaper, i too find the second unshaped pretty scary, you can either do him really slow with swapping in pierce instead of slower proj and just hitting him 1-2 times from max range and getting to cover whenever he uses his ball attack, or you can use the slower proj, pop a vaal grace and facetank-burst him with vinktar -- i only tried that 2 times but i never died since the balls dont oneshot and with 75% dodge and vinktar leech you can facetank them as far as i can tell.

"
hello guys, thoughts about this amu on that build?

I wanted to use it early on, but while its a good dps option im not a big fan of it overall. since this build scales extremly good with good jewelery and jewelery is also the place you usually get the highest resists from you will find it hard to counteract minus resist and still get a high lightning res to profit from the crit chance. you also loose out on a lot of life, possibly int, and important dmg stats like crit multi, flat light and wed. I tried it for a short time and i found it to not be worth the tradeoff overall -- it is propably not a bad option though, try using it if you want, im sure you can make it work.

"
Finally starting to get some good stuff going, only 18k dps in HO, but it is getting there!

What would the best focus be to improve upon now? I am gonna replace the resistance rings asap with two with WED and life, but other than that I am a bit unsure where to focus.

Hey man, nice stuff. You pretty much saied the next improvements yourself, i would say replace vengance spiral first, then maybe get gripped gloves with higher resist (flat ele is not that important on gloves since its pretty low, ias is pretty big though), then just get quality gems and at some point a 6l and you will be good to go. Then just work on small stuff like even better jewellery, helm enchant etc.

"
I want to ask 2 questions.

1. Is it necessary to use herald of ice?
2. Because herald of ice, manapool is terribly low, i am ooming after one attack,any ideas ?

Bonus question 2 in 1 , atziri gauntlets are viable with 2 high ele foils?

No it is not, but i would rather drop herald of thunder. Unspecing charisma and dropping herald of thunder and getting another jewel on the tree leaves you with only a bit lower dmg, slightly more life (jewel) and easier mana management. Herald of ice is really good to not kill yourself to porcupines every second map (shatter). Atziri gauntlets are a really good option to manage mana issues aswell as int issues aswell, just a bit expensive and not THAT big of a deal for this build since vaal pact is only 1 skillpoint. I would still use the shield instead of dual wielding.

"
What is the benefit of going LL with this build over CI? just out of curiosity. I've always played life builds, so haven't had any experience with LL/CI.

Usually the tradeoff is pain attunement + 1 extra aura as lowlife vs a lot more es (infused shield node and 800+ regalia) as CI. Since we are attack based pain attunement does nothing, but with the introduction of the upgraded eye of chayula the es values are a lot closer together. Lowlife would allow us to run grace and propably do some empower stuff for our wrath etc, i think with the new ammu is is propably just the better way to play es now (but a lot more expensive).

"
Did this insane minotaur map, facetank and awesome damage makes it really hard to pick another build to play this league, loving every second of it.
Shit resists + rat's nest instead of starkonja, i lose 300hp but wanted to test if it's worth the extra dps or not.

glad you like it :)
Just wanna say im loving the build so far, just had a few questions, im at 22k DPS in my h/o with Auras and was wondering where i could squeeze out that extra 10-17k that you have, i know 20/20 gems would bring me to about 28 but i'd still be 10k off. But even still i've done all the guardians quite easily and endgame content just melts so thanks for am awesome guide. Here's my gear any suggestions would be appreciated!
Spoiler

"
Zellman wrote:
Just wanna say im loving the build so far, just had a few questions, im at 22k DPS in my h/o with Auras and was wondering where i could squeeze out that extra 10-17k that you have, i know 20/20 gems would bring me to about 28 but i'd still be 10k off. But even still i've done all the guardians quite easily and endgame content just melts so thanks for am awesome guide. Here's my gear any suggestions would be appreciated!
Spoiler

Hey,

Gear is really good, a big part is 21 or at least lvl 20 on wrath and added lightning, quality gems are a surprisingly big deal since we get 20% ias here (from gmp and st), helmet enchant is a lot of dmg, i got 1 more jewel slot just from being a few levels higher, and i managed to cheaply get some crazy 4 mod jewels (so 3 dmg mods + life). I think all that just adds up to the difference ;) But the big parts are definitely 21 wrath/added lightning, 1 more jewel and helm enchant.
Are you able to farm uber Izaro with ease on this build?!
Have you considered grabbing the all res notes just below the dualist area, and adding in the blue dream jewel just left to them, for free power charge generation?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info