3.0 UPDATED] Raider Elemental Crit Spectral Throw - Shaper and t16 viable

"
netmos wrote:
I dont know what you mean with "not sure if its possible to reack 39k in hide", do you think i photoshopped the screenshot? :D I can do a fullscreen screenshot if you think that one is with flasks or support or something, this build just has a lot of room.

Oh I believe you, it's not photoshopped, sorry about that. It was more of poor wording on my part. More so I was just unsure if I could reach that amount of dps.

"
netmos wrote:
-40% inc dmg from helmet enchant 3000 dps

Completely forgot about the helm enchant, I was thinking about buying a rare helmet with the enchant so I can drop some res on my rings and get flat ele dmg. But I might just go with buying an enchanted starkonja, there aren't many spec throw enchants on standard.

"
netmos wrote:
-weapon with higher base crit (more like 7.5) and 30% increased crit multi (dropping the cold dmg or the fire dmg is no big deal IMO) -- about 2-4k depending how crazy the weapon you get is

Yea I was trying to go for a higher base crit, but damn ele foils are so expensive on standard, shoulda just did this on breach D:

Thanks a lot for the advice. :D
Good to see a build guide owner actually answering questions consistently and giving legit answers.
Last edited by Thunder71 on Dec 25, 2016, 1:04:26 PM
First i'd like to thank u for ur elemental raider spectral throw build, it's the way amazing and fun and also better than mathil's one, so thank u for it :)

I followed this build but I have an issue now hope u can help me with:
I have a very bad mana problem since early lvling and till now (lvl 73), i can't maintain mana all the time, and the character keeps saying i'm out of mana

I have all the mana leech nods in ur skill tree and running wrath and herald of ice with only 147 mana remaining and spectral throw consum 43 mana per shot that means 3-4 shots before out of mana, i mean i can leech well if i'm hitting monsters no problem but the mana problem suks when i miss 3 or 4 shots without hitting any solution ??

plus i tried to use the mana reservation nods in ur tree so i would be able to run herald of thunder too but i end up with 67 mana which is only available to cast 1 spectral throw then i'm out of mana again

how could u overcome this problem ? mana generation or what ? and what about maps that u cannot generate mana on ? I hope u can help me with that! . thanx in advance, and have a wonderful day :)
I need a little help with the gear, i dont have problema i clear all the maps very fast but i feel i need more damage, can anyone suggest any improvement

Spoiler

"
cocasda wrote:
I need a little help with the gear, i dont have problema i clear all the maps very fast but i feel i need more damage, can anyone suggest any improvement

Spoiler

Get a new sword with APS > 1.9 and crit chance > 7.2, of course highest ele dps as u can afford.
Get more WED, lightning dam on jewelries and more crit chance/multiplier on amulet.
Get attack speed on glove, also enchant it with a useful mod.
Ok, I always wanted to try ele crit ST build, but never had a decent foil to start. After some shopping I got one. Never used ele foils before, so I have no idea if this is good enough?
"
First i'd like to thank u for ur elemental raider spectral throw build, it's the way amazing and fun and also better than mathil's one, so thank u for it :)

I followed this build but I have an issue now hope u can help me with:
I have a very bad mana problem since early lvling and till now (lvl 73), i can't maintain mana all the time, and the character keeps saying i'm out of mana

I have all the mana leech nods in ur skill tree and running wrath and herald of ice with only 147 mana remaining and spectral throw consum 43 mana per shot that means 3-4 shots before out of mana, i mean i can leech well if i'm hitting monsters no problem but the mana problem suks when i miss 3 or 4 shots without hitting any solution ??

plus i tried to use the mana reservation nods in ur tree so i would be able to run herald of thunder too but i end up with 67 mana which is only available to cast 1 spectral throw then i'm out of mana again

how could u overcome this problem ? mana generation or what ? and what about maps that u cannot generate mana on ? I hope u can help me with that! . thanx in advance, and have a wonderful day :)

Hey, glad you like it!

TBH there is no real "solution" to the problem you describe, you wont be able to spam st in your hide ever. I never had issues with not hitting anything for 3-4 shots ever. In what cases does that happen, considering you get like a 50% coverage of the screen with gmp ST? :D
With 2 heralds and the reservation node you have to aim a bit carefully and allways hit monsters, which can be a bit annoying, atm im experimenting with running only 1 herald and rather investing the 3 skillpoints into another jewel socket. About map mods: No regen maps you have to use whirling blades a bit sparingly and run a bit more, and no leech maps also have no life leech which makes them unreasonably dangerous anyway... the mod is crazy rare and i recommend rerolling it, if you really want to run it you will need a mana pot.

Hope i was able to help!

"

Main issue is your choice of flasks, spectral throw is not melee so lions roar does NOTHING for you, and we are not a phys build so i would rather use a basalt than a taste of hate. Other than that just follow the advice of Aelshe, its exactly what i would have replied aswell :P

"
Ok, I always wanted to try ele crit ST build, but never had a decent foil to start. After some shopping I got one. Never used ele foils before, so I have no idea if this is good enough?

Yep thats a really solid weapon, should easily be good enaugh for any content in the game. In general i would value higher speed more than a bit more flat ele, but its a great foil overall.
Can you pick between those 2 weapons?

First one with lower AS and lower crit but Give me around 3K more sheet DPS than second one but I honestly not sure which one is actually better.

over topic, You can farm jewfoil on cemetery maps. Drop rate is pretty high over there.
Spoiler

"
N4Z wrote:

First one with lower AS and lower crit but Give me around 3K more sheet DPS than second one but I honestly not sure which one is actually better.

over topic, You can farm jewfoil on cemetery maps. Drop rate is pretty high over there.
Spoiler

I would go with the second one, with higher levels of wrath/added lightning it should win, you can reroll the wed to a lot higher value, and you will have more lightning dmg with it which is way more important since its the only type of dmg we got penetration for.
"
N4Z wrote:

it's 310 edps vs 137 edps, I doubt that even 22% WED, better ias and base crit can make up for this much.
pst_pst

I should give this build a try mayby.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Dec 26, 2016, 6:34:48 PM
Spoiler

Did this insane minotaur map, facetank and awesome damage makes it really hard to pick another build to play this league, loving every second of it.
Shit resists + rat's nest instead of starkonja, i lose 300hp but wanted to test if it's worth the extra dps or not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info