3.0 UPDATED] Raider Elemental Crit Spectral Throw - Shaper and t16 viable

"
netmos wrote:
"
N4Z wrote:

6k dps on H/O and ~ 11K DPS with full buffs.

I will try again with LVL 20 wrath.

Thats actually kinda crazy considering you got 2020 gems and some decent gear... I can only assume your skill tree is totally messed up or you are using jewellery with about 0 damage...?

just bang a few bucks into jews and now I got 24k in HO with buff.

Ridiculous amount of damage boost with + % WED and + flat elemental damage ( fire, light or cold).

"
Hippotech wrote:
"
Janahan wrote:
I am having trouble understanding something, please excuse my noobness: You have taken multiple +frenzy charge nodes, but nowhere on your gear set do I see a Frenzy gem. How are you generating frenzy charges if you do not even have frenzy equipped?

"Way of the Pathfinder" on the Ascendancy tree gives you 20% chance of a frenzy charge on hit, and 20% more when hitting Rare/Unique enemy.

Where does OP talk about this? For something that is so critical to the build he does not say anything at all in his original post? The most I can see is him saying "you should probably do this ascendancy", but considering we have spec'd into frenzy charges should he not be more specific? How would I go about doing this?
Hey, man! Have you tried this with the Tempestous Steel War Sword? The stats on that sword looks very useful to this build plus it also has a Hits can't be Evaded mod. Really curious about this.
"
Janahan wrote:
"
Hippotech wrote:
"
Janahan wrote:
I am having trouble understanding something, please excuse my noobness: You have taken multiple +frenzy charge nodes, but nowhere on your gear set do I see a Frenzy gem. How are you generating frenzy charges if you do not even have frenzy equipped?

"Way of the Pathfinder" on the Ascendancy tree gives you 20% chance of a frenzy charge on hit, and 20% more when hitting Rare/Unique enemy.

Where does OP talk about this? For something that is so critical to the build he does not say anything at all in his original post? The most I can see is him saying "you should probably do this ascendancy", but considering we have spec'd into frenzy charges should he not be more specific? How would I go about doing this?

Nah.
If you are too lazy to spend 5min thinking about a build and how it works you shouldnt play poe or atleast this build. Go some Hype Crazy 100000dps CI bladeflurry facetank shaper build. :)

No offense but spending a little bit of time thinking about a build and why it works helps a lot to get better with a build.

Trying this build atm (still lvling) will report back if finished but looks pretty nice.

€dit: only problem what probably gets anoying is the lack of int....you need like hell a lot of int on your eq right? Arent there any decent int notes to take until you got that int gear?
Last edited by rossko on Dec 24, 2016, 11:01:34 AM
Will ele dagger better than ele foil? just curious...I'm using foil at the moment. Anyone tested with dagger?
Would an Aegis Aurora be better or no and why?
"
SloSkyLine wrote:
Would an Aegis Aurora be better or no and why?

Sorry but this question is to random to really justify an in-depth explanation, this build has 0 es and 0 armour and 0 block, why the hell do you think aegis aurora is a good idea.

"
Will ele dagger better than ele foil? just curious...I'm using foil at the moment. Anyone tested with dagger?

Daggers have smaller weapon range, hitbos of ST is 0.5*weapon range. So this is 1 downside. Other issue is that all dagger nodes also have phys dmg (useless) and many of them have accuracy(useless). I tried making a tree for dagger st and it looked rly bad to me. Other downside is that while we get more crit we loose weapon speed, we can get okay crit with foils but cant ever rly get enaugh speed since that doesnt exist. I would only consider dagger if playing phys.

"
Trying this build atm (still lvling) will report back if finished but looks pretty nice.

€dit: only problem what probably gets anoying is the lack of int....you need like hell a lot of int on your eq right? Arent there any decent int notes to take until you got that int gear?

Thanks, yeah int is annoying, remember that you can often get a lot of int on boots cheaply (es based only but eeh, evasion on boots is no big deal). Later you can get it from rings and ammu. On tree you can take Primal spirit (ranger start), gives nice flask stuff and 20 int, then you can temporarily get a 30 int node, and spec into written in blood/arcing blows (over shadow area) for 20 int from travel points early on.

"
Hey, man! Have you tried this with the Tempestous Steel War Sword? The stats on that sword looks very useful to this build plus it also has a Hits can't be Evaded mod. Really curious about this.

I have to admit i didnt even know this exists, i heared the name but never rly looked at the stats. Looking at it i can see why you think it would be good -- hits cant be evaded and 30% ele pen is pretty insane. The issue is that its EXTREMLY slow and has a LOT lotwer basecrit. Since we allrdy get 50-60 ele pen from tree, gem and vinktar the 30% pen is "only" about 30% more dmg (since there wont be any mobs with significant resists after 50-60 pen allrdy). So its 30% more dmg and using a different shield vs fast speed and high base crit + lots of flat ele (and 60 crit multi). Switching to that sword would cost me more than half of my dmg on tooltip, with the 30% more it would still be a LOT lower, i dont think thats worth it for the upside of some evasion and like 60 life from the shield slot (and easier resists). But intresting suggestion anyway!

"

I made a build for raider, posted a skill tree with raider and posted it in the raider forum section. Is it then unreasonable to expect people to just go raider (in which case it will work fine) OR if they want to change the build on their own, LOOK at the ascendancy i chose and consider why i chose it? I dont think that is an unreasonable expectation. This is my first guide and the whole concept is still new to me -- I never read guides, if i want to know how a char works i look at the profile since it contains ALL information people write in 10 pages of guide except bandits. So it is a bit hard for me to tell what people need to know -- i tried covering everything you need to do to play this build sucesfully, but i didnt explain every decision i made because that would take many pages of writing and is just not vers usefull in my opinion. I also dont explain why you use wrath and not hatred as an ele build or why you skill life nodes on the skill tree, i just assume people reading the guide understand this, can think of the reason themself or read this kind of stuff up in guides from other people (or watch videos by ziggy or some other content creator for beginners). Most of the decisions made could be more or less mathematically proven to be best (or in some cases propably not), but most people are content just believing/trusting my decisions and if they want to change something up they will look for a reason why the different way would be better than my suggested way.
My Gear
Spoiler

Decided to respec one of my standard chars to this. Having a lotta fun with it so far!
Clear speed is great and single target is pretty strong too.
I have around 5.9k life and I die very rarely. So survivability is great.
Hideout dps is 21.4k with lvl 21 wrath and lvl 20/20 added lightning.

Not sure if it's possible to reach 39k hideout dps tho, there's definitely room for improvement for jewelry and a 21/20 added lightning but I'm a bit skeptical.
What dps would you recommend before trying out shaper?
Last edited by Thunder71 on Dec 25, 2016, 2:51:29 AM
"
Thunder71 wrote:
My Gear
Spoiler

Decided to respec one of my standard chars to this. Having a lotta fun with it so far!
Clear speed is great and single target is pretty strong too.
I have around 5.9k life and I die very rarely. So survivability is great.
Hideout dps is 21.4k with lvl 21 wrath and lvl 20/20 added lightning.

Not sure if it's possible to reach 39k hideout dps tho, there's definitely room for improvement for jewelry and a 21/20 added lightning but I'm a bit skeptical.
What dps would you recommend before trying out shaper?

Glad you like it!

I dont know what you mean with "not sure if its possible to reack 39k in hide", do you think i photoshopped the screenshot? :D I can do a fullscreen screenshot if you think that one is with flasks or support or something, this build just has a lot of room. Im confident i could pretty "easily" get to 50k with better jewellery and propably like 75k with super maxed out gear (lvl 100 with mirrored gear), or even more than that. Some places where you could get dps and my estimations for how much it would be:
-flat lightning on ring 1500 dps each *2 = 3000 dps
-proj dmg initial on gloves 16% 1300 dps
-40% inc dmg from helmet enchant 3000 dps
-8% ias, .2% base crit, 25% crit, 10% inc dmg, like 5% more dmg and 1-30 flat lightning from gem levels and quality (2020 on all but added light/wrath which can be 21/20 or 21/0): propably about 5000 dmg alltogether
-weapon with higher base crit (more like 7.5) and 30% increased crit multi (dropping the cold dmg or the fire dmg is no big deal IMO) -- about 2-4k depending how crazy the weapon you get is

This would add up to like 16k in my estimations, the rest is propably more levels or more likely better jewels on skill tree. Hope i could help and clarify how the damage scaling with this build is pretty much "open end"

About shaper: It is really hard for me to tell, since i bricked a lot of sets last leguage i was scared and didnt try with less than the 40k i had when i wrote the guide (43k in hide by now btw, from stuff like %wed boots craft etc) Im sure its possible to do with your current setup allrdy but i would wait for some more gem levels -- maybe aim for 30k in hide? Really depends how experienced you are with shaper. I mean you can see in the video that the dps is pretty comfortable for doing shaper, im sure you could do it with 30-50% less. Goodluck!
I tried something different and went ci also using
wich increases my crit from 43% to 56% ..........so atm i have 7kes and 37k dps in ho, only downside is if i want to use discipline i get 8kes but dps drops to 32k wich is still good and feels more safe. so yeah still trying different things gona try to reach that sweet 40k dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info