[2.6] Atmotion's 100% fire 'Xogama' Cyclone - Fun, Easy, Cheap, Fast, Endgame Viable (No 5-6L req!)

"
I feel like I'm really lacking damage in this build. I've done up to T11 maps but it feels pretty slow. This is my first time ever getting to endgame content so I could be doing something wrong. I'd like to take this build through all content (shaper, breachlords) and from drops and trades, I have about 11ex to work with, what can I do to pump more damage out of this build with the currency I've got? What should my next objective be? 6L Belly? Expensive rings? HELP!

TL;DR : feel like I lack damage, can do t11, albeit more slowly than I'd like SOS.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/CJMxxx

took a quick look at your character, some immediate upgrades include:
1. 20Q your gems
2. upgrade your axe to a better one

20Q is important, it all adds up.
Your axe roll is kinda low, aim for a better one but they are kinda expensive now thanks to a certain streamer, you can consider divining your current one.

not so immediate upgrades:
1. 6L belly
2. steel or opal rings

even though cyclone is used to proc dem balls, it still does a decent amount of damage, 6L for cyclone will definitely help but may cause strain on your mana. Not sure how much mana problems you have but i run a 5L cyclone fine with 85% reserved mana and 0.4% mana leech. you can consider dropping the blood magic gem for a dps support like WED. Arctic armor has no use on non-stationary skills so you can probably remove that.

since you have the budget, you can consider looking for good steel or opal rings. these are huge dps upgrades. WED or increased fire damage(essence of anger) on them is a plus.

just fyi if you don't know already, you have 2 different curses in your CWDT setup but don't use any +1 curse stuff? each enemy can only have a maximum of 1 curse unless you use some sort of +1 curse.
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Dec 19, 2016, 2:55:58 AM
Hey, awesome build. With similar gear, I one-shot almost everything in t13 maps. I still have to get higher tier ones.
I was wondering, since I have a 6L carcas jack, is the penalty of using it too large compared to the Belly? (im kind of out of currency)
I only die when really not careful, or due to a nasty ele reflect rare. Atm at lvl 89 I have ~6k health.
So I dropped the axe pretty early into the league and had been planning on playing a build that took advantage of the fire conversions with cyclone. I was going to play as a raider, but your guide convinced me to go slayer, and I have not regretted it. I have made some slight changes to your build, I don't think Elemental Overload is worth it. The cost required to get enough accuracy, plus the points spent reaching it are not worth 40% damage.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Starkofdoom/characters

I still need to get better rings, and probably more life on my boots, but those resists are going to be hard to replace. I decided to focus on just stacking DPS on both cyclone and the axe, and its really effective. Cyclone is my primary damage, it tops out at around 150k dps (tooltip) when i hit my flasks, and use vaal haste. The balls hitting is just the cherry on top.

Chest is still a question for me, since I really like belly, but I managed to 6 link a carcass. The range on your attack when you have increased AoE + Carcass + Templar Passives + Slayer AoE is absurd. It actually makes playing it kind of uncomfortable. Stuff is no where near your spin and they just explode.

As for content, I just dropped my first hydra map, and I've gotten through some T14's with no serious problem. Breaches can be an issue at times if you are not careful and anything that has elemental reflect and significant life will kill me if I don't notice it fast enough.

All in all, fun build.
Got myself a Red Dream jewel. Even without the extra two point investment to get to 41% chance I'm sitting at 29% and it's more than enough to permanently be at full endurance charges.

"
Chrom wrote:
Also note you cat get more dmg by getting cleave (the rest or the mara axe node) and giving up catalyst. You'd need to pull a couple of points from somewhere though. Preferably with at least 1 of the int nodes.

I have tried EndCh on Melee Stun. It works on mobs but on bosses like randomly met Vagan I couldn't get a single charge. I am not sure if that's because of low damage? I am still leveleling.
On longer fights it might not be good idea to use charges. How do you gain frenzy charges on long boss fights 1vs1? And endurance charges if stun fails?

Instead of frenzy charges I will probably pick Fortify Nodes to get more damage and phys dmg reduction since it's literaaly on tree route.
Last edited by Inferius90 on Dec 19, 2016, 7:46:56 AM
wow xogama price increase x2 last week hc brch
wow
ign: HaruMamberu
"
kelongngu wrote:
"
I feel like I'm really lacking damage in this build. I've done up to T11 maps but it feels pretty slow. This is my first time ever getting to endgame content so I could be doing something wrong. I'd like to take this build through all content (shaper, breachlords) and from drops and trades, I have about 11ex to work with, what can I do to pump more damage out of this build with the currency I've got? What should my next objective be? 6L Belly? Expensive rings? HELP!

TL;DR : feel like I lack damage, can do t11, albeit more slowly than I'd like SOS.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/CJMxxx

took a quick look at your character, some immediate upgrades include:
1. 20Q your gems
2. upgrade your axe to a better one

20Q is important, it all adds up.
Your axe roll is kinda low, aim for a better one but they are kinda expensive now thanks to a certain streamer, you can consider divining your current one.

not so immediate upgrades:
1. 6L belly
2. steel or opal rings

even though cyclone is used to proc dem balls, it still does a decent amount of damage, 6L for cyclone will definitely help but may cause strain on your mana. Not sure how much mana problems you have but i run a 5L cyclone fine with 85% reserved mana and 0.4% mana leech. you can consider dropping the blood magic gem for a dps support like WED. Arctic armor has no use on non-stationary skills so you can probably remove that.

since you have the budget, you can consider looking for good steel or opal rings. these are huge dps upgrades. WED or increased fire damage(essence of anger) on them is a plus.

just fyi if you don't know already, you have 2 different curses in your CWDT setup but don't use any +1 curse stuff? each enemy can only have a maximum of 1 curse unless you use some sort of +1 curse.

Made a few gem changes and got a new belt, on the right track? Oh and spent 1 divine for a MUCH higher axe roll.
Last edited by barbedxwire on Dec 19, 2016, 10:52:52 AM
If i watch your acutal talent tree you dont use elemntal overlord anymore. should i respec it like your new build now?
"
Chrom wrote:
I followed most of the guide but made some changes to fit my playstyle hate being a copycat :)

Not to hijack the this too much, but the changes aI made to the tree was to ignore Elemental overload and focus on the Templar nodes.
Additionally I now use Surgebinders so I picked up the Endurance charges and Frenzy nodes as well as the Bandit reward.

I use Bloodrage to get my Frenzy charges and to get Endurance charges ECoMS for now until I can get a "The Red Dream Crimson Jewel" placed by the Diamond skin and Barbarism nodes; equaling a 29% chance.

Since slayer has the passive culling strike I got rid of Herald of Ash and went Blasphemy/Flammability + Grace. In Uber Lab or high lvl party content I run with Grace + Determination.

On the Axe I also replaced Added Fire damage with Elemental Focus.

For gear Sibyl's Lament really helps with the reflect! Other stuff is just in works as I play more.

For pots I'm switching between Taste of hate and Basalt, then std life and speed flasks.

Here is my planned out tree and current gear
www.poeurl.com/V6r

I'm using quite similar build and setup, and I actually agree with most of your reasoning. I tried having EO just as the OP suggested, and yes it does have higher potential burst damage (and dps for the duration of EO), but I don't think it's worth taking (granted, OP build's fine, mostly just a matter of preference).

My reasoning for RT over EO is that not only does it take 6 points to get to EO from Retribution, you can easily substitute them by taking Elementalist and Catalyst which takes the same amount of points (and an extra one for RT), comes with added perks (some resists), and it'll provide a more consistent damage output and overall higher dps in the long run (yes, I'm pretty sure 44% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons + 34% increased Elemental Damage + 100% consistent hit rate beats EO's 40% MORE damage procs any day). But the biggest part of NOT taking EO are gearing and gems. If we put into account having the need to put Inc. Crit in the Cyclone links, having Retribution + Inc. Crits to help the uptime, and having the need to grab accuracy on gear, which on some cases would require the sacrifice some stats, even dps ones, some leech/lgoh loss due to non 100% hitrate; then taking EO made no sense at all.

One thing I disagree with you though, is Endurance Charges, I don't think it's worth taking, not with a Slayer Cycloner and particularly this build. Slayer has enough leech amount, rate and overleech mechanic to survive even a 30% pack size T14 breach without them. I even tanked a double crit + vuln mods one just fine without End. charges. The problem is End. charge generation, the three reliable ways to gain them with this build are ECoMS, Red Dream and/or Enduring Cry. All relies on on kill mechanics, or needing big packs to generate reliably and does not help on boss fights and we don't need them for packs. Imho taking armor nodes instead of end. charge nodes would be the better option. Just my opinion though.

Last edited by ultimatecat on Dec 19, 2016, 12:05:02 PM
have pretty close treeplan
dodge Combat Stamina 8 points for the Armour Mastery and Versatility
poeurl.com/WEJ
ign: HaruMamberu
Last edited by RayManzarek on Dec 19, 2016, 4:06:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info