Content Update 2.5.0 Patch Notes

"
Chalace wrote:
"
Knampfclown wrote:

its so easy to craft 1tgear, gtfo

Clearly you are incapable of understanding a simple post, might i suggest you go back to class?
Or better still, take the 30s to read the following posts that include a video showing exactly how to craft reasonable starter gear.

I really fail to see how you think it is hard to do as i suggested, is alt'ing an item too difficult for you?

Did you even try doing what you say playing 2 hours a day?

I know you don't, cause what you're saying is impossible for ppl that don't play this game ALOT
IGN gubert
so sad..
"
Gubert wrote:
"
Chalace wrote:
"
Knampfclown wrote:

its so easy to craft 1tgear, gtfo

Clearly you are incapable of understanding a simple post, might i suggest you go back to class?
Or better still, take the 30s to read the following posts that include a video showing exactly how to craft reasonable starter gear.

I really fail to see how you think it is hard to do as i suggested, is alt'ing an item too difficult for you?

Did you even try doing what you say playing 2 hours a day?

I know you don't, cause what you're saying is impossible for ppl that don't play this game ALOT

Why is it impossible? Pick up a white item and use alts/regals on it.
None of which are even remotely expensive items. You can vendor pretty much any blue/yellow item for alts.

If you are incapable of collecting a mediocre amount of even the most basic currency in the game then you have no leg to stand on in regards to progressing through end-game content.
My God.. they show Zizaran video saying it is cheap to craft high ES gear in a 3 min video

Zizaran

The guy who makes trades of 100 ex sometimes

These ppl are completely retarded
IGN gubert
Well while it isn't exactly what I was hoping for, we're seeing that GGG is taking a mild interest in melee again. That's a plus.
The issue remains that melee just is impossibly outdamaged and outlived by ES/ranged characters, meaning melee just has no place at endgame. The biggest issues are the life pool and accuracy mechanic. Life pool is self-explanatory since melee expect now to be killed by random crap.
Looking at accuracy, I am confused as to why this is still a melee mechanic in the game. If basic melee damage was stronger than spell damage, there would be a point in the mechanic. However melee is in fact WEAKER than spells and is then further hampered by the accuracy mechanic that can leave a character open to a situation where leech or other effects are no longer protecting them.

As it stands, I would say that accuracy should remain as a projectile attack mechanic but should be removed from melee, as this is preventing melee from progressing and becoming a fun alternative to ranged and spell combat.

Also could we please look into making some uniques that give a damage incentive to stuns and non-crit and also look into more shield based abilities!? (shield throw, shield bash, shield whirl, etc.)
"
Gubert wrote:
My God.. they show Zizaran video saying it is cheap to craft high ES gear in a 3 min video

Zizaran

Explain your logic, he uses basic currency to roll an item, how is anything else he does relevant to what he is showing you?

This is just further proving my point, people are just so incapable of accepting that they don't know/understand something that it just cant be 'real'.

Just watch the damn video and tell me why anyone cant do that? An actual reason, not just calling me a retard.
"
Chalace wrote:
"
Gubert wrote:

Zizaran

Explain your logic, he uses basic currency to roll an item, how is anything else he does relevant to what he is showing you?

This is just further proving my point, people are just so incapable of accepting that they don't know/understand something that it just cant be 'real'.

Just watch the damn video and tell me why anyone cant do that? An actual reason, not just calling me a retard.

They can do that, sure.

That is, when they don't spent 43 alts not getting the mod or 33 fusing and not getting 4L, that is.
Then it's back to grinding and playing for hours to get that currency back.
IGN: SCHVAITZERIZER
"
MAD_DAN wrote:
"
Chalace wrote:
"
Gubert wrote:

Zizaran

They can do that, sure.

That is, when they don't spent 43 alts not getting the mod or 33 fusing and not getting 4L, that is.
Then it's back to grinding and playing for hours to get that currency back.

We all have those times, that's RNG in a nutshell. It still doesn't change my initial point, that you can make a set of reasonable gear for far less than the ridiculous numbers the people here are spouting. Of course it's not free, and sometimes it might take 2 Alts sometimes 50, its still just Alt's and Regals, which are easily obtained.

Yet still, even here in the last few posts people claim its impossible, even when presented with fool proof step by step instructions.
What I'm saying is that for end game viability you need capped resists, dps, AND apparently >10k pool of life to not be oneshotted by elemental damage.

I'm not touching phys and boss melee hits at all.

Just random, ele damage from kaom lava balls, shaper cold balls, vaal laser, random strongbox icenova that oneshotted me with 6.8k hp, etc.

That is the only problem.

You cannot have that even with big investment unless going ES.

Casual and new players will NEVER have that because it's not cheap at all. They will just be stuck playing t1-5 maps and skipping the bosses.

"Ah, it's ok, they will drop items and currency and advance".

Sure, in 1000 years, with all those good 1 alteration uniques that drop in t1-5.

IGN: SCHVAITZERIZER
"
MAD_DAN wrote:
What I'm saying is that for end game viability you need capped resists, dps, AND apparently >10k pool of life to not be oneshotted by elemental damage.

I'm not touching phys and boss melee hits at all.

Just random, ele damage from kaom lava balls, shaper cold balls, vaal laser, random strongbox icenova that oneshotted me with 6.8k hp, etc.

That is the only problem.

You cannot have that even with big investment unless going ES.

Casual and new players will NEVER have that because it's not cheap at all. They will just be stuck playing t1-5 maps and skipping the bosses.

"Ah, it's ok, they will drop items and currency and advance".

Sure, in 1000 years, with all those good 1 alteration uniques that drop in t1-5.

I was doing t10+ maps and Atziri/Uber lab with little to no issues after 2 days on a 6-7k hp EQ marauder. (this was after a 2 year break so I was far from up to speed on things) So i certainly feel like you are exaggerating a lot here. And this was my first char on Essence with only crafted/found gear.

While it is common knowledge that life based has some issues, mostly on the last 5 bosses, most people blow it way out of proportion.

If you are stuck in T1-5 maps it is not because you only have 6k hp, which is easily obtainable; there is something else going wrong.
Last edited by Chalace on Dec 1, 2016, 10:14:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info