Content Update 2.5.0 Patch Notes

Anyone know what the new weapon ranges will be for the different weapon types?
The one who said BV is gone seems like forget all the maths in high school.

Let N be the number of active BV

BV before, (1 hit per second. Given BV deals D average damage per hit)
Total damage per second
= ND

When N = 1, DPS = D
When N = 5, DPS = 5D
When N = 10, DPS = 10D
When N = 15, DPS = 15D
When N = 20, DPS = 20D

BV after, (600ms, 0.7D damage per hit, 10% faster and 30% more damage per active BV)
Total damage per second
= 0.7D*[1+0.3(N-1)]*[1+0.1(N-1)]/0.6

When N = 1, DPS = 1.167D
When N = 5, DPS = 3.593D
When N = 10, DPS = 8.202D
When N = 15, DPS = 14.56D
When N = 20, DPS = 22.668D

*At N = 7, the DPS drop is the highest

(I'm not sure whether the first active BV enjoy the 30% more damage and 10% faster or not. If it does, the damage will be much higher, especially at lower stack. May someone confirm it?)

So, it actually buff BV when you can manage to keep BV at 16 stacks or more. If you can keep it at full stack, it deals 13% more damage then before.
Also, you are now dealing 4.69 times damage per hit at max stack. It it much more beneficial for damaging (due to the mechanism of armor), chilling, igniting, shocking and freezing.
Is it really a nerf?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by WillisTheWillis on Dec 1, 2016, 6:53:48 AM
"
The one who said BV is gone seems like forget all the maths in high school.

Let N be the number of active BV

BV before, (1 hit per second. Given BV deals D average damage per hit)
Total damage per second
= ND

When N = 1, DPS = D
When N = 5, DPS = 5D
When N = 10, DPS = 10D
When N = 15, DPS = 15D
When N = 20, DPS = 20D

BV after, (600ms, 0.7D damage per hit, 10% faster and 30% more damage per active BV)
Total damage per second
= 0.7D*[1+0.3(N-1)]*[1+0.1(N-1)]/0.6

When N = 1, DPS = 1.167D
When N = 5, DPS = 3.593D
When N = 10, DPS = 8.202D
When N = 15, DPS = 14.56D
When N = 20, DPS = 22.668D

*At N = 7, the DPS drop is the highest

(I'm not sure whether the first active BV enjoy the 30% more damage and 10% faster or not. If it does, the damage will be much higher, especially at lower stack. May someone confirm it?)

So, it actually buff BV when you can manage to keep BV at 16 stacks or more. If you can keep it at full stack, it deals 13% more damage then before.
Also, you are now dealing 4.69 times damage per hit at max stack. It it much more beneficial for damaging (due to the mechanism of armor), chilling, igniting, shocking and freezing.
Is it really a nerf?

The people complaining are those that ran it with pathfinder, and can no longer simply face tank every mechanic in game through leech, as a result of the crit/flask regen nerf.

Having to move from mechanics means the spec is no longer viable, apparently.
Last edited by Chalace on Dec 1, 2016, 7:11:09 AM
WTF GGG? where is area effect nodes buff? where is life nodes buff? WHERE THE FUCK SCION BUFF/REWORK???
What about life buff? What about a fix for the chest armour vs. projectiles bug?

My melee/life char uses almost all passive points to reach life clusters only, then sucks with damage but still dies way easier than any mid tier ES build.

Is that balance team serious? Yes it is. Dividing players on purpose into upper and lower tiers. It is getting ridiculous at this point.

And what is this facebreaker nerf? Why do you first buff it from 60 to 90 and now nerf it back to 45? What sense does this make?
Can noone of your underperforming balance team imagine that gloves with 90% crit multi will be used solely for this stat on every build in the game as a pure damage item?
"
HuKoJIAuKA wrote:
"
cuss wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Content Update 2.5.0

The Breach Challenge League:
  • Reduced the maximum number of Summoned Raging Spirits to 20, but we have also increased damage as the gem levels up to compensate. It's intended to be a similar damage output but with less casting needed and less effective area of effect.

Just in time completed "Behold My Army" (Have 60 Minions at the same time).

And is it possible to complete this achievement now?

I'm pretty sure it is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/249txa/guide_zombie_horde_and_behold_my_army_quick/

I think I understand why the change to SRS numbers down to 20; to reduce server load. I am a contributor to Sarn Arena lag/crashes. So in this respect, I am all for this change. However, I do have a concern; you mentioned buffing the damage of each individual spirit so as to have similar damage with 20 spirits out to the old 50 spirits. But you do NOT mention anything about buffing minion life (not to be confused with expiration). If minion life has not been buffed alongside of minion damage, I fear this will represent a significant loss of damage with the Minion Instability keystone (mandatory for PVP, extremely helpful in mapping/leveling).

I hope this was an oversight, and not intentional.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
Last edited by Bjorn_Angannon on Dec 1, 2016, 7:51:30 AM
"most builds are dead" says the people that play ONLY standard with their 500ex mjolnir build they've been playing for 2 years. ahahahaha I'm crying, go play a different build and stop crying. :D
"
LSN wrote:
What about life buff? What about a fix for the chest armour vs. projectiles bug?

My melee/life char uses almost all passive points to reach life clusters only, then sucks with damage but still dies way easier than any mid tier ES build.

Is that balance team serious? Yes it is. Dividing players on purpose into upper and lower tiers. It is getting ridiculous at this point.

And what is this facebreaker nerf? Why do you first buff it from 60 to 90 and now nerf it back to 45? What sense does this make?
Can noone of your underperforming balance team imagine that gloves with 90% crit multi will be used solely for this stat on every build in the game as a pure damage item?

7 End charges, 6.2K Life, 75% capped cold res, permanent fortify (extra 20% ele reduction). Cold flask with +6 to max cold.

I use atziri's disfavour, +2 weapon melee range + duelist node to +weapon melee range.

Shaper thinks i'm ranged when i'm clobbering him, does NON STOP yellow cold balls.

I barely get grazed by a SINGLE ball, instant oneshot.

Not the degen kind that you can flask, no, ball barely grazes me, instant death menu. Instant.

Not the balls he does when zana does the shield, no. The yellow normal balls. That he is supposed to do only at range. But he does them in my face because of weapon range, so I can't dodge.

7 End charges.
6.2k Life.
75% capped res. + 6% max from flask = 81% cold res.
20% extra red from fortify.

INSTANT ONESHOT FROM ONE SINGLE BARELY TOUCHED SHAPER YELLOW BALL.

INSTANT ONESHOT.

My build tanks almost everything in this game and I"M GETTING ONESHOTTED WITH THIS CRAP?

FIX. YOUR. GAME.
IGN: SCHVAITZERIZER
Dad breaks all our toys to force us has to play with the new toys which he has to create, it is not attractive all that
(🌸°__°)
Mirror service thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1743892
"
Pymeran wrote:
"
pnz_agony wrote:
You cannot turn off shadows in the graphics settings in 64bit!(((
On older graphics cards with the shadows is difficult to understand how 64bit client better

You can by editing the "production_Config.ini" file in Documents/My Games/Path of Exile folder. Set the "shadow_type=no_shadows", you are done.

This is too complicated and/or too time consuming for most of the sheeple. They will therefore continue to ask for an options button.

I have noticed that many posts claim that the nerfs have killed off all the viable builds, this is a false claim. A viable build is one that can clear an area without getting killed if you keep your focus, HOW EVER LONG IT TAKES. Just because a build takes 30 minutes to clear an area instead of 3 or 4 minutes does not automatically make that build unviable. This is a game intended for recreation and entertainment not a competition. It should not be about "I can clear an area faster than you.", "I can get all the challenges before you." or whatever.

I have found that I like to play a witch using Fireball + Flame Totem + minions. I also play solo, self found. OK, it takes 5 to 30 minutes, depending on area size and mods, to clear an area but I can get to at least level 85 during the life of a league. Also with league challenges I do not go looking for them I let them come to me and if I do not, as has been the case so far, complete them all, so what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info