Content Update 2.5.0 Patch Notes

"
MAD_DAN wrote:
"
LSN wrote:
What about life buff? What about a fix for the chest armour vs. projectiles bug?

My melee/life char uses almost all passive points to reach life clusters only, then sucks with damage but still dies way easier than any mid tier ES build.

Is that balance team serious? Yes it is. Dividing players on purpose into upper and lower tiers. It is getting ridiculous at this point.

And what is this facebreaker nerf? Why do you first buff it from 60 to 90 and now nerf it back to 45? What sense does this make?
Can noone of your underperforming balance team imagine that gloves with 90% crit multi will be used solely for this stat on every build in the game as a pure damage item?

7 End charges, 6.2K Life, 75% capped cold res, permanent fortify (extra 20% ele reduction). Cold flask with +6 to max cold.

I use atziri's disfavour, +2 weapon melee range + duelist node to +weapon melee range.

Shaper thinks i'm ranged when i'm clobbering him, does NON STOP yellow cold balls.

I barely get grazed by a SINGLE ball, instant oneshot.

Not the degen kind that you can flask, no, ball barely grazes me, instant death menu. Instant.

Not the balls he does when zana does the shield, no. The yellow normal balls. That he is supposed to do only at range. But he does them in my face because of weapon range, so I can't dodge.

7 End charges.
6.2k Life.
75% capped res. + 6% max from flask = 81% cold res.
20% extra red from fortify.

INSTANT ONESHOT FROM ONE SINGLE BARELY TOUCHED SHAPER YELLOW BALL.

INSTANT ONESHOT.

My build tanks almost everything in this game and I"M GETTING ONESHOTTED WITH THIS CRAP?

FIX. YOUR. GAME.

If you had played the same or an equivalent build on ES you would have double to tripple the damage and 10-12k ES with ease. This is what GGG calls balance. And the sad thing is this has been that way ever since shavs entered the game.

But two handers are even on the bright side of this sadness. They can use kaoms/leg. koams.

I am playing a one hand + shield guy cause I like this setup most. Instead of it being tanky it is the opposite. One of the most fragile setups in the game.

When they introduce new bosses and boss mechanics they always keep an eye on giving them harsh anti melee mechanics.

When they introduce new unique items, they focus on making every item for armour/melee as bad as possible (e.g. kaoms boots) and do the opposite for es/ranged chars (e.g. skyforth).

And you could continue giving hundreds of more examples.
Last edited by LSN on Dec 1, 2016, 8:12:07 AM
another garbage patch. come GGG wake the fuck up.
That was it.
Attempted Uber Atziri next, got oneshotted by Vaal Oversoul laser. Not after shock applied, no, just regular laser. 75% res, bla bla all that.

I've already decided I'm going to sell all my gear and switch to ES after the patch.

There is no way I can play a character clearly knowing I can't beat all content in the game because of random oneshotting crap that has no sense and logic.

And legacy Kaoms is not an option since it's not in the league.
IGN: SCHVAITZERIZER
Last edited by MAD_DAN on Dec 1, 2016, 8:22:53 AM
"
MAD_DAN wrote:
That was it.
Attempted Uber Atziri next, got oneshotted by Vaal Oversoul laser. Not after shock applied, no, just regular laser. 75% res, bla bla all that.

I've already decided I'm going to sell all my gear and switch to ES after the patch.

There is no way I can play a character clearly knowing I can't beat all content in the game because of random oneshotting crap that has no sense and logic.

And legacy Kaoms is not an option since it's not in the league.

Pretty sure you can dodge the laser
"
Dad breaks all our toys to force us has to play with the new toys which he has to create, it is not attractive all that

last patch dad says 'try to eat this cactus' )
Why only melee skeleton gets a buff ?
Why not mages as well ?

I'm sad ...
"
The one who said BV is gone seems like forget all the maths in high school.

Let N be the number of active BV

BV before, (1 hit per second. Given BV deals D average damage per hit)
Total damage per second
= ND

When N = 1, DPS = D
When N = 5, DPS = 5D
When N = 10, DPS = 10D
When N = 15, DPS = 15D
When N = 20, DPS = 20D

BV after, (600ms, 0.7D damage per hit, 10% faster and 30% more damage per active BV)
Total damage per second
= 0.7D*[1+0.3(N-1)]*[1+0.1(N-1)]/0.6

When N = 1, DPS = 1.167D
When N = 5, DPS = 3.593D
When N = 10, DPS = 8.202D
When N = 15, DPS = 14.56D
When N = 20, DPS = 22.668D

*At N = 7, the DPS drop is the highest

(I'm not sure whether the first active BV enjoy the 30% more damage and 10% faster or not. If it does, the damage will be much higher, especially at lower stack. May someone confirm it?)

So, it actually buff BV when you can manage to keep BV at 16 stacks or more. If you can keep it at full stack, it deals 13% more damage then before.
Also, you are now dealing 4.69 times damage per hit at max stack. It it much more beneficial for damaging (due to the mechanism of armor), chilling, igniting, shocking and freezing.
Is it really a nerf?

It Is as you said.
But there are 1 negative aspect:
HITS per second, to generate flask charges!
1) From 20 to 5.
2) Flask charge are shared among flasks.
3) Flask charges 200ms delay.

I use 4 flasks with Surgeon MOD, (I AM NOT PATHFINDER, Don't have currency for expensive unique flasks).

Old: 20 hits per second * 0.2 (Surgeon mod) * 0.8 (crit chance) = 3.2 flask charges FOR EACH OF 4 FLASKS, FROM EACH MOB.

New: 5 hits per second * 0.2 * 0.8 = 0.8 flask charges TO ONLY 1 RANDOM FLASK OUT OF 4. It Is Against Bosses (alone).
When against Packs you get at Most 5 charges randomly distributed among flasks.

So summary:
Against Single Mob: 3.2*4=12.8 charges against 0.8 charges.
Against Packs of Mob (7+): 3.2*4(*7)=89.6 charges against 5.
89.6 Of Course it is only if the mobs can survive all 20 hits!

So my BV build will get 16 times reduced flasks charges.
AND I AM NOT PATHFINDER!
ISN'T PROBLEM WAS IN PATHFINDER + UNIQUE FLASKS WITHOUT SURGEON MOD!

Also i have a question:
If there a limit of 1 charge every 200ms, does that mean that passive nodes with Increased Flask Charges gained would be USELESS NOW?
Last edited by CBEToffOP on Dec 1, 2016, 8:46:03 AM
"
RandallPOE wrote:
Pretty sure you can dodge the laser

That is not the point. The point is why do I have to worry as a melee that beating one vaal oversoul I might get oneshotted from offscreen by the other, while ES doesn't give a shit and just spams away.

I invested and brought a build to it's maximum potential only to have mediocre gear 10k ES builds laughing in my face.

If it's supposed to be a oneshot mechanic then make it global, you get hit, you die.

Currently it's only oneshot if you're not ES which is retarded.

And again, legacy items don't count.
IGN: SCHVAITZERIZER
"
Chalace wrote:
"
MAD_DAN wrote:
There are people who don't play 6 hours a day and are not lucky to chance a Skyforth.

This means they don't have tens of exalted to spend on Disfavor, Cospri, rare crafted items and CI gear.

They do chaos recipe and are able to buy resist gear for 20-30c and cap their resist, maybe get to 4-5k Life.

Maybe they drop an ex or two and get a good dps weapon.

The rest of the currency is spent flipping and trading maps so they can reach end game content such as the guardians or shaper.

That is, except when they get instant ONESHOT and there is no way in HELL they will be able to beat that content.

"Ah but the streamer beat shaper with 5L and 30 chaos armor".

Sure, but try to cap resists and get that much life. I checked the rares on those videos, prices go from 10 ex up for that kind of T1 hp and resist.

Playing high level maps but never being able to play all the content just because you don't grind the shit out of the game or are lucky as fk is just lame. Lame.

Lame.

Again, this statement shows a lack of understanding in the games available progression paths.
You can craft yourself pieces of gear, for example T1/T2 life +resists + master mod, early in the league for a few alts and regal's. Why don't most people ever try crafting? Its so easy to get reasonable pieces.

CI gear? Whatever streamer it was made a video on youtube yesterday explaining how to make a 10k ES set from scratch this way, its so unbelievably easy.

Your argument of requiring 10ex+ gear pieces to do said content is ridiculous. You simply leack or neglect to mention in favor of your argument, the available options.

its so easy to craft 1tgear, gtfo
Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
"
Knampfclown wrote:
"
Chalace wrote:
"
MAD_DAN wrote:
There are people who don't play 6 hours a day and are not lucky to chance a Skyforth.

This means they don't have tens of exalted to spend on Disfavor, Cospri, rare crafted items and CI gear.

They do chaos recipe and are able to buy resist gear for 20-30c and cap their resist, maybe get to 4-5k Life.

Maybe they drop an ex or two and get a good dps weapon.

The rest of the currency is spent flipping and trading maps so they can reach end game content such as the guardians or shaper.

That is, except when they get instant ONESHOT and there is no way in HELL they will be able to beat that content.

"Ah but the streamer beat shaper with 5L and 30 chaos armor".

Sure, but try to cap resists and get that much life. I checked the rares on those videos, prices go from 10 ex up for that kind of T1 hp and resist.

Playing high level maps but never being able to play all the content just because you don't grind the shit out of the game or are lucky as fk is just lame. Lame.

Lame.

Again, this statement shows a lack of understanding in the games available progression paths.
You can craft yourself pieces of gear, for example T1/T2 life +resists + master mod, early in the league for a few alts and regal's. Why don't most people ever try crafting? Its so easy to get reasonable pieces.

CI gear? Whatever streamer it was made a video on youtube yesterday explaining how to make a 10k ES set from scratch this way, its so unbelievably easy.

Your argument of requiring 10ex+ gear pieces to do said content is ridiculous. You simply leack or neglect to mention in favor of your argument, the available options.

its so easy to craft 1tgear, gtfo

Clearly you are incapable of understanding a simple post.
Or better still, take the 30s to read the following posts that include a video showing exactly how to craft reasonable starter gear.

I really fail to see how you think it is hard to do as i suggested, is alt'ing an item too difficult for you?
Last edited by Chalace on Dec 1, 2016, 11:02:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info