Dont see charachter and environoment( both are black)

Same black-screen-in-DX9 problem here with a shitty old radeon card that only supports up to DX10. DX11 client worked really bad with huge slowdowns every time a mob used a skill and crashed after a long loading time like 80% of the time a town was entered and almost that often when another player's HO was entered.

Changing from predictive to lockstep somehow fixed everything. I had no idea I was on predictive in the first place. Thought I had set lockstep ages ago. Now there's no stutters, slowdowns, crashes or long loading times, and everything works smooth. Better than the old client used to, in fact. Just thought this may work for some of you.

Edit: nvm, PvP, HoGM and crowded towns could still take forever to load sometimes, but was perfectly fine when staying away from them. Glad to hear both black screens and load times are getting fixed today.
Last edited by chimurestaurat on Dec 7, 2016, 3:32:51 AM
dx9 is all black for me as well. dx11 is playable, but the freezes that come out of opening breach or even an exile box (boy oh boy did i never miss THAT feature...) or when mob skill sets are being loaded will make mapping a very difficult task for me.

i'd be very happy if you can fix the blackscreen issue on dx9.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
bump. why isn't this still fixed? roll back every dx9/dx11 change if need be?

although my situation isn't as bad as those who have both options unplayable, i've reached the point where i can see the limits of what i can do with dx11. running mid/high maps is a no go, as lag spikes can kill me easily. opening boxes is a no go because it causes 2sec freeze. opening breaches is a no go because it's two to three times laggier than perandus boxes were at their worst. killing map bosses is a no go because they cause freezes as well. when i start getting less than 10% exp per map, i'm literally unable to level further. coming to town has extremely high chance to crash the game. no option to disable shadows. can't clear labyrinth because game will crash at a random point during the run (never gotten to final izaro fight so far, even on normal).

is mtx mystery boxes so much more important than actually fixing the game you broke for a portion of players? there's many decisions in the past that i don't agree with (especially labyrinth), but those're small, unimportant nuisances compared to this. making the game LITERALLY unplayable for some of us is a real big "fuck you" to our face.

i hope those mystery boxes get enough cash flowing so that you'll actually bother fixing the absolute number one issue in game atm.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
It is nothing short of a disgrace that not only has GGG failed to fix this bug in a timely manner, they have almost completely failed to communicate on progress towards a fix (the last update to this thread was from the 22nd of last month and tells very little,) and have the nerve to focus entirely on the positives of the launch without so much as a footnote to what we are forced to put up with in the launch thread. We are being treated as if we don't exist. That is not acceptable!

This was the worst launch yet, period. It was terrible. I cannot recommend a game that launches a major content patch with a KNOWN bug of THIS magnitude.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781512

May help, try it, say about result.
Last edited by Nakoh on Dec 5, 2016, 8:09:42 AM
"
Chris wrote:
We have a formal fix for this in today's 2.5.0b patch. It's just going through quality assurance at the moment. If you're worried about safety of downloading executables from the internet, then please wait for our release later today.

stilll not working
after patch
"
Rasmillion wrote:
stilll not working
after patch

Try this
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781512

worked for me
"
Rasmillion wrote:
stilll not working
after patch

thats probably because patch 2.5.0b was still not deployed so you have to wait with that "after patch"
Yep I guess I assumed that hotfix was the "patch" that Chris was talking about. Hoping this is ready tonight as I don't install dlls from unknown sources ( since I am a security guy I don't run antivirus on my gaming system)

Still waiting kinda patiently

Wish I could have gotten all those essences I missed out on the last weeks of league (hint hint)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info