Scorching Ray Skill Gem Mechanics

Tell me, whats the point to use incinerate now?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Can we leech from it if we take hinekora, death's fury? Is burning dmg different from fire dmg?
Looks like the Diablo 3 ray spells.

Needs some new support gems:
Split beam (like LMP/GMP/splinter gem).
Increased AOE should increase the width of the beam (or a specific beam width gem) or the range/length of the beam.
Vampiric Ray (% of damage done by beam is gained immediately as health/ES). This will give dedicated spellcasters some life leech currently available solely for attack type abilities.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
I can foresee a lot of Scorching Ray builds coming up (well duh)... skill looks pretty hot!
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
Vampiric Ray (% of damage done by beam is gained immediately as health/ES). This will give dedicated spellcasters some life leech currently available solely for attack type abilities.

Life leech currently available solely for attack type abilities? Give spellcasters some life leech?
I don't know whay you're talking about, leech gem already apply to spells, actually there's a lot of leech that works for spells, the only leech that is specific to attacks is "Physical ATTACK Damage Leeched as Life"
hype !
wonder how the mana needed will scale. Skills like incinerate can already get very high in mana costs. But since this is damage over time, most likely mana and life leech won't work on it, in contradiction to incinerate etc.
hey GGG where's our Map how can we play with out Meeps? you say depends on atlas, il put all every single map with sextant, got all meeps activated, il spend almost 20c in every single map on rolling package size, then where's my fuckin red meeps? dont tell me you release an update for maps drop, but the truth is its all depends on you guys. your all toying with us.
"
2pher wrote:
hey GGG where's our Map how can we play with out Meeps? you say depends on atlas, il put all every single map with sextant, got all meeps activated, il spend almost 20c in every single map on rolling package size, then where's my fuckin red meeps? dont tell me you release an update for maps drop, but the truth is its all depends on you guys. your all toying with us.

You should aim for lots of quantity as well, hard maps, not just packsize, I have a lot of red maps, got them all just by doing the bonus challenges, red corrupted maps with a lot of quantity.
First MTX for this better be A Jizz themed thing. or i quit poe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info