Scorching Ray Skill Gem Mechanics

instead of asking what will or not work, look at this thread i made to clear some facts if you dont want to roll 20 pages for answers:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1763304
Last edited by Tomikxx on Nov 4, 2016, 4:57:40 AM
"Enemies the beam touches catch fire, burning from damage over time."

If that isn't igniting them then they should really reword that :P So, emberwake should work perfectly fine.
"
"Enemies the beam touches catch fire, burning from damage over time."

If that isn't igniting them then they should really reword that :P So, emberwake should work perfectly fine.

Your statement is false.

Ignite is a status ailment that causes "burning" damage. "Burning" damage can be achieved via various "sources" (Ignite is one of them). Scorching Ray does NOT ignite, it simply "burns" enemies. Thus Emberwake will not work since it's based on "Ignite" being the source (specifically the ignite modifier on the ring).

Again, Scorching Ray does NOT ignite. It simply BURNS enemies. Please read up on the mechanics below.

Ignite Mechanic:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ignite

Burning Mechanic/Sources:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Burning
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Nov 5, 2016, 11:19:14 AM
Hrmm... ;)
SUPPORT TAGS LIMIT REACHED!!?? - Fine then....
twitch.tv/amity13
Last edited by AmityXIII on Nov 6, 2016, 3:41:06 AM
- Anyone got an idea if Elementalist Shaper of Desolation and Beacon of Ruin would work with Scorching Ray ?

- Will Scorching Ray have any kind of initial hit ( e.g. even Essence Drain has one ) to possibly apply Elemental Equilibrium with added Lightning / Cold damage ?

My personal guess is that "Shaper of Desolation" and EE wont work since there is no hit, based on the wording "Beacon of Ruin" should actually work but wont be too useful without any AoE increases.
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Nov 6, 2016, 8:12:45 AM
"
AdFinitum wrote:
Will Scorching Ray have any kind of initial hit ( e.g. even Essence Drain has one ) to possibly apply Elemental Equilibrium with added Lightning / Cold damage ?

nobody knows, wait after release
"
AdFinitum wrote:
- Anyone got an idea if Elementalist Shaper of Desolation and Beacon of Ruin would work with Scorching Ray ?

No. It does not hit.

"
AdFinitum wrote:
- Will Scorching Ray have any kind of initial hit ( e.g. even Essence Drain has one ) to possibly apply Elemental Equilibrium with added Lightning / Cold damage ?

No. It does not hit.

Scorching Ray applies a debuff similar to Searing Bond and RF. It does not hit. It does not ignite.
"Arctic Armour was a mistake." - Chris Wilson
I knew it was going to be a DoT, but I'm still sad that I can't Ignite with it so I could use Eye of Innocence and set myself on fire.. :'(
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
It's incinerate from d3. wow! ....
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
oO_OK_Oo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info