Scorching Ray Skill Gem Mechanics

This skill will be awesome :)
like it as always!
GGG - you are just so so so out of touch with how this game is played.

You keep making it worse.
Please stop.
[FORGE] Guild /view-thread/1664516
[SHOP] /view-thread/393743
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Want to join a MULTI-GAMING community including one of POE's oldest guilds???
==> https://gamersforge.com
"
demogorg wrote:
TBH i dont think anyone will play a slow build like this, like noone is playing incinerate or other builds that need to stand still forever to kill something :) if its superstrong it might be in a build as single target or something, but in the current bow, BV and occasionally other stuff meta i dont see that becoming a thing

We can all agree that the standing still firing mechanics is shit, but depends on its damage value, the skill can actually be awesome.
BV is limited in mechanics: low range, has to constantly re-cast to maintain DPS. Yet we all know how broken it is currently.
Incinerate always has pretty bad mechanics as well: standing still, channeling, huge mana cost. However, it was still the best spell to use pre 2.1.

Just think about those limitations as trade-off when using a skill with obscene damage.
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
"
demogorg wrote:
TBH i dont think anyone will play a slow build like this, like noone is playing incinerate or other builds that need to stand still forever to kill something :) if its superstrong it might be in a build as single target or something, but in the current bow, BV and occasionally other stuff meta i dont see that becoming a thing

We can all agree that the standing still firing mechanics is shit, but depends on its damage value, the skill can actually be awesome.
BV is limited in mechanics: low range, has to constantly re-cast to maintain DPS. Yet we all know how broken it is currently.
Incinerate always has pretty bad mechanics as well: standing still, channeling, huge mana cost. However, it was still the best spell to use pre 2.1.

Just think about those limitations as trade-off when using a skill with obscene damage.

The Dy'Ness Tank
build ? Can stay still and cast attack spells!
so chieftain + sire of shards + dual totem?
MTX to make it look like Piety's laser beam?
"
TravisL wrote:
so chieftain + sire of shards + dual totem?

This spell doesn't have projectile tag, so NO! But it would be fun if it was!

The Searing Touch Lathi + Templar (Hierophant) + 3(4) totems (more resistance reduction)!
40% MOM Life based also good!

Chieftain isn't very good option, because:
1)you won't be able leech from DOT damage.
2) no 20% additional physical damage as fire.
3) No taunt on hit.
I'm feeling like a prostitute now. Piety here I come
Can't wait to play aruond with the new abilities!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info