Progress Update for 2.4.2

"
Exile009 wrote:
The first one is now coming (albeit not Vulkan yet).

Vulkan support integrated in to an existing engine (or a brand new engine) would be a monumentally huge task. Primarily because Vulkan (and DirectX 12) implementations can not be optimized by the display driver, so you lose access to the decades of optimizations Nvidia and AMD have been implementing in their drivers. The burden of ALL optimizations falls on to the game/program developers that have never had to do most of the optimizations before... so good luck with that.

I tried to find my source for this info but couldn't find it :/
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Oct 28, 2016, 2:40:22 AM
You delayed those new Skills several times now. I don't rly get it why you announced them before the Essence League even started. You should have just kept them as a secret and not try to hype people about them for such a long time.

One could say that this was all calculated to keep the league active but now you could just release them with the new league or at least give some more details so people could start to theorycraft with them :(

I'm kinda disappointed how you handled that and like others already mentioned, those laggs people experience right now probably won't be fixed with DirectX 11.

I hope you at GGG get your problems fixed cause I rly like to support you again by buying some packs ;)
Boooooo
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
stuff shall be preloading in the moment when the character is in the area, not in the moment when he apply the skills. Ofc it shall be precalculated when the character change skills for the area, but yet - this is the direction.

rolling the dices in advance? there are several issues with that like party play, environmental factors which may come into play or not, buff timers which may run out ...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Oct 28, 2016, 3:38:27 AM
Secrets??

MADNESS! :D Give us the tech news! :p
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
GGG-MASTERS
My Birthday is November 13th

I hope you got me covered.
"
Exile009 wrote:
So when it comes to the "big" things (i.e. not bugfixes or rebalancing of skills and game mechanics) that PoE still needs to be, in a sense, 'complete', here's my list (in no particular order):

1) 64-bit and Dx 11/12/Vulkan (multi-threading was unexpected, but very welcome)

2) Smooth in-game trade system. Also a better mtx management system.

3) Stash/Inventory axis-shifting (i.e. switching between vertical and horizontal) and auto-sorting. This can also be clubbed with a limited auto-pickup feature for currency (modifiable in Options).

4) A PvP system and PvP tournaments

5) A ton of guild system improvements (including the long-ago promised guild tournaments)

6) Cutthroat league (either permanent or a recurring long duration league i.e. 2 months or more)

7) Private, custom leagues (also a long-ago promised feature)

The first one is now coming (albeit not Vulkan yet). The second has been only partially delivered so far. The third we've heard no word about. The fourth is in, even if it hasn't taken off (however, the PvP tournaments seem to have been forgotten about after the initial hoopla), so I count it as done.

The last three were promised all the way back in beta, but so far none have been talked about much (apart from Cutthroat, which for some reason is still not in despite the mode having already been coded and even deployed for many short duration races before - just get it out of the way already! If it fails to garner player interest, so be it).

I'd appreciate some word on how all of these are planned going into the future. Some of them may not even be on the agenda anymore. If so, please let us know. For the others, please let us know roughly where they figure in your plans (don't need to commit to a date or anything).

Thanks for all your hard work, GGG! :)

As a long time player, Id really like to know this too... Please dont forget about us, who was here in the begining...
is there going to be a channel support gem, so we kan tekken punch and kamehameha in the future?
https://youtu.be/Dt9GwmOWoqo
"
vio wrote:
"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
stuff shall be preloading in the moment when the character is in the area, not in the moment when he apply the skills. Ofc it shall be precalculated when the character change skills for the area, but yet - this is the direction.

rolling the dices in advance? there are several issues with that like party play, environmental factors which may come into play or not, buff timers which may run out ...
just preload everything and be done with it (when x64 client is out ofc)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info