Progress Update for 2.4.2

Where is controller support ?
i7-5820k | GTX970
"
Malone wrote:
any chance to have an optionnal full respec to adapt our build to those new skills ? (like a league start )
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
A surprise?? I <3 SURPRISES! :D
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
So when it comes to the "big" things (i.e. not bugfixes or rebalancing of skills and game mechanics) that PoE still needs to be, in a sense, 'complete', here's my list (in no particular order):

1) 64-bit and Dx 11/12/Vulkan (multi-threading was unexpected, but very welcome)

2) Smooth in-game trade system. Also a better mtx management system.

3) Stash/Inventory axis-shifting (i.e. switching between vertical and horizontal) and auto-sorting. This can also be clubbed with a limited auto-pickup feature for currency (modifiable in Options).

4) A PvP system and PvP tournaments

5) A ton of guild system improvements (including the long-ago promised guild tournaments)

6) Cutthroat league (either permanent or a recurring long duration league i.e. 2 months or more)

7) Private, custom leagues (also a long-ago promised feature)

The first one is now coming (albeit not Vulkan yet). The second has been only partially delivered so far. The third we've heard no word about. The fourth is in, even if it hasn't taken off (however, the PvP tournaments seem to have been forgotten about after the initial hoopla), so I count it as done.

The last three were promised all the way back in beta, but so far none have been talked about much (apart from Cutthroat, which for some reason is still not in despite the mode having already been coded and even deployed for many short duration races before - just get it out of the way already! If it fails to garner player interest, so be it).

I'd appreciate some word on how all of these are planned going into the future. Some of them may not even be on the agenda anymore. If so, please let us know. For the others, please let us know roughly where they figure in your plans (don't need to commit to a date or anything).

Thanks for all your hard work, GGG! :)
Last edited by Exile009 on Oct 27, 2016, 8:12:14 PM
"
jahcinto wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
any chance to have an optionnal full respec to adapt our build to those new skills ? (like a league start )

I doubt you'll get that since there'll be a full passive reset just 2-3 weeks after this patch anyway when the actual new league launches in December.
Just release Sombra already
HYPE
"
ovogancho wrote:
Just release Sombra already

Wrong game buddy
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
we're going to leave it cloaked in secrecy for now

Capes confirmed
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
Real Bex episode 30.
Saved

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info