[2.5] CoC Vortex Elementalist *Insane dps* 2-3 shot Guardians - Shaper down! [Video Inside]

"
So you only need like 40ish % chance to crit? Sorry if I'm just not getting it here but that's what I see your tooltip but it looks like it procs every hit in your videos.

somewhere around that should be enough, and then your power charges will increase that as well, the thing is its not really worth investing more into crit because all you need is 1 crit to kill most things in the game, and CoC also has 0.5 sec cooldown so even with high crit and attack speed you can never proc more than that.
How would you build this if you couldn't afford to go LL? Any particular class/Ascendancy likely to work better?
Ok cool, I get it now. Thanks for your patience!

Edit: so I do think I am gonna do this as my league starter after all. I wasn't so keen on playing another Elementalist but I decided to do an ES base this time around as I've actually never done that before.

Few more questions for ya though, what do you think about adding the Clear Mind jewel? You should still be able to get Discipline (and something else, 1 blasphemy curse?) for the 40-60% more spell damage mod that, going by how you've explained, should be a major damage boost for losing the other auras. That would mean that you might have to do a non Assassin's mark way to getting Power Charges; how would something like Blade Vortex, Power Charge on Crit work? If you added an increased duration and got it to like 15 seconds, you could just cast one of those as you go and it'd keep you charged up while you run around blowing stuff up, right?

I'm also curious how about Crit Multi - the damage in this build is in the damage over time in the Vortex, right? When the spell crits, does the DoT part of Vortex also crit? If so, how exactly does that work? If it doesn't, wouldn't it make more sense to spend fewer points on multi nodes and continue to focus on spell/elemental/fire/cold damage stuff on the tree?

Ah, the 2 golem thing, do you benefit from the 40% extra cold damage from the second golem, your ice one, as well as the fire? Or do you just summon it to get that little extra accuracy rating? I'm assuming it adds more damage since your Hits Can't be Evaded mod should take care of accuracy stuff, is that right?

Thanks! Can't wait to play this build!
Last edited by Andizlack on Nov 25, 2016, 4:26:23 AM
"
Ok cool, I get it now. Thanks for your patience!

Edit: so I do think I am gonna do this as my league starter after all. I wasn't so keen on playing another Elementalist but I decided to do an ES base this time around as I've actually never done that before.

Few more questions for ya though, what do you think about adding the Clear Mind jewel? You should still be able to get Discipline (and something else, 1 blasphemy curse?) for the 40-60% more spell damage mod that, going by how you've explained, should be a major damage boost for losing the other auras. That would mean that you might have to do a non Assassin's mark way to getting Power Charges; how would something like Blade Vortex, Power Charge on Crit work? If you added an increased duration and got it to like 15 seconds, you could just cast one of those as you go and it'd keep you charged up while you run around blowing stuff up, right?

I'm also curious how about Crit Multi - the damage in this build is in the damage over time in the Vortex, right? When the spell crits, does the DoT part of Vortex also crit? If so, how exactly does that work? If it doesn't, wouldn't it make more sense to spend fewer points on multi nodes and continue to focus on spell/elemental/fire/cold damage stuff on the tree?

Ah, the 2 golem thing, do you benefit from the 40% extra cold damage from the second golem, your ice one, as well as the fire? Or do you just summon it to get that little extra accuracy rating? I'm assuming it adds more damage since your Hits Can't be Evaded mod should take care of accuracy stuff, is that right?

Thanks! Can't wait to play this build!

Okay I will try to answer your questions in order:

Regarding clear mind - This builds has the potential to benefit from up to 3 offensive curses - Ass. mark, flamability and elemental weakness, all of these options would most likely be stronger than unreserving your mana and using clear mind.

Conclusion: Clear mind could work if you dont want to rely on curses, but I dont think its worth it and i do not recommend it.

Crit multi - This build is based around making a big ignite, from the poe wiki "The base duration of ignite is 4 seconds. The burning damage over time is 20% of the initial hit of fire damage, per second."
So assuming that we have avg vortex hit of 1000. With 300 crit multi and if that hit crits, we would do 3000 damage, and the ignite would be 3000 * 0.2 = 600.
Due to the fact that vortex can one shot most content, having a high crit multiplier means that we only have to land 1 crit instead and let that crit create a huge ignite, so more crit multi means bigger ignite.
However you are correct that you want to balance both crit multi and elemental damage. look at is as following:

If you have (example) 1000 crit multi, and you take 100 crit multi more, its only a 10% gain.

And if you have 100% increased elemental damage, and you take 100% increased elemental damage from tree, this gain would be a double of your previous stat.

You want to try to focus on increasing the stat which is your lowest. But elemental/spell/fire dmg is to be valued a bit higher than crit multi since those other modifiers will double dip, so a good balanced between the two stats will create the best result.

For the golem - yes the 40% increased cold damage will help, since vortex is initially a cold spell, the crit also helps me, but because of having a vagan dagger my accuracy is already 100%. The cold damage does not double dip, but the fire damage from the fire golem will.

I hope you can understand, otherwise feel free to ask and I can specify more.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot buddy. Not all people would take the time to watch their build threads and answer my long winded questions. I really appreciate it! I think I understand your answers, but I may need some time to digest it a bit before responding intelligently. :)
"
maxwolfie wrote:
How would you build this if you couldn't afford to go LL? Any particular class/Ascendancy likely to work better?

You could consider to pick berserker and use RF, I think it could achieve a similar damage output.
Hey, Could you explain how EE works with this build and Vortex?

If you have light damage on sheildcharge/cyclone it procs -25 fire res, which helps alot on the initial hit of vortex, but when it comes to the ignite isnt the intial hit giving you less ignite damage time? Im not sure how the mechanics work with EE, but i dont clearly understand how it benefits the ignite damage. Im guessing that Ignite dosnt proc EE?
^^ ur right that after the vortex procs the ignite phase would have +25 fire res, however u can shield charge again or use something like orb of storms to keep the - fire res form ee. Its a very effective tactic vs bosses etc.
Last edited by Fhark on Nov 30, 2016, 12:30:36 AM
About the crit multi:

if it just creates it's own ignite from the vortex explosion but doesn't affect the vortex second effect (it's a dot by itself, still cold damage afaik, and that means that the explosion converted to fire by pyre will proc the effect of EE for the dot part without the need of the lightning damage) wich is the biggest dot; is it really worth it trying to scale the first hit? is it big enough for the multiplier to make any difference?

If i misunderstood some of the mechanics involved please let me know, i'm trying to scale the damage the most efficient way possible to take more ES nodes (playing hc).

Thanks in advance for the answer!

"
catinbox32 wrote:
Hey, Could you explain how EE works with this build and Vortex?

If you have light damage on sheildcharge/cyclone it procs -25 fire res, which helps alot on the initial hit of vortex, but when it comes to the ignite isnt the intial hit giving you less ignite damage time? Im not sure how the mechanics work with EE, but i dont clearly understand how it benefits the ignite damage. Im guessing that Ignite dosnt proc EE?

the order goes like this, I have flat damage on my weapon(light) so the mob gets -50 fire resistances, then the initial hit comes and then I simply hit the mob again or orb of storms will it it if I dont.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info