[2.5] CoC Vortex Elementalist *Insane dps* 2-3 shot Guardians - Shaper down! [Video Inside]

This works with the black hole vortex MTX right?
im gonna give this build a go but instead if coc im going to use cwc and either scorch/incin, wonder how it'll go
Nekhebet,
May you make few videos where you are doing high lvl maps(not just a boss)? especially against range attack monsters. ty.

p.s. I'm playing with this build on the current league it's so fun!! nice work. I hope you'll continue develope it.
Last edited by Umbrel on Dec 15, 2016, 6:07:23 PM
Rolled one of these 2 days ago and it's super strong. Thanks for the guide! Few tips I picked up while leveling:

Start with lycosidae shield (vagan mod shield) and a crit kris for 1-2c that you can craft fire leech onto. This lasted me until 82 for a couple chaos. I was able to safely run up to tier 10 maps with <5k ES because things died fast enough and instaleech kept me full.

I didn't see it mentioned in the OP, but that crafted fire damage leech mod on weapon is super strong. I plan to run that on my multimod kris when I craft it.

After putting on shavs and going full ES, these starter flasks worked really well: perpetual/surgeon's (quicksilver basalt silver diamond) of adrenaline, plus an overflowing chalice. I'll probably swap in a kiaras for my silver to deal with freezing now that dying means more than 3 minutes grinding worth of XP loss.

Running 4 adrenaline flasks is op with this build. I was pulling 250M xp/hr in dried lake, the clear speed is limited by how fast you can move. Even at 75 I could one shot every mob in t9 shaped phantasmagoria.

Doedre ring is totally unnecessary until higher map tiers. Don't bother with it until you are dying and need the enfeeble, or you aren't one-shooting every mob including bosses and need the flammability / ele weakness. This also lets you run herald of lightning w that mana, which helps your ee procs.

Hope some of these tips are useful to others. Love the build.
Thanks for your post it helps a lot ! i'm just starting to try that build too :)

Btw what do you use for your movespeed ? just boots +25 and shield charge ? btw we don't need flammability for this build ? you said that the ring is not needed until very high lvl maps, but we still need the +1 curse amulet right ?

keep improving that build, it's awesome ;)

Last edited by Eko13 on Dec 16, 2016, 10:55:55 AM
I ran

"
Btw what do you use for your movespeed ? just boots +25 and shield charge ?

I tried shield charge, but found cyclone feels better once you have tons of movespeed. +30 boots and these flasks:

"
btw we don't need flammability for this build ? you said that the ring is not needed until very high lvl maps, but we still need the +1 curse amulet right ?

I just switched my gear up to fit the +1 curse ring and start using a Vagan dagger and ES shield (at 82). With only assassin's mark curse, I was able to 1-shot Voll at 62.

I'll link all the gear that got me from 60 to 82:

Is this possible to make the exact same build but instead of Cyclone use wand Barrage and add a Discharge for the CoC? make it Vortex+Discharge??

If not, what should I focus on making it a Barrage build instead of Cyclone..?

Thanks.
How about "Eye of Innocence" unique amulet? Will it work good in this build (for leech purposes) or not?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Eye_of_Innocence

10% chance to Ignite
(50-70)% increased Damage while Ignited
Take 100 Fire Damage when you Ignite an Enemy
2% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life while Ignited

Or this is a suicidal choose?
i playing like 1 month. which gear i need to norm/cruel. can u add lvling 20/40/50/95? just help me :(
When leveling, when would the build become playable? Would it be fine to switch to the build as soon as the main gems are acquired? Also, if I want to start this build without the currency to buy a Shav's, would going pure life, hybrid, or CI be better? It looks like going hybrid would make for less respeccing, but I started in the last week of Essence so I'm not too confident in my observations yet. What node clusters would I take? Besides the chest being different, would anything else about the build have to be changed for the lack of Shav's/LL?

I'm also softcore (I'll only make a new character when I see a build I really want to play, because grinding through the story is horrendous and hardcore would not be enjoyable for me), so if switching to the build early will put me in more danger I'm fine with it, as long as the damage is high enough.
Last edited by madmarvels on Dec 18, 2016, 1:10:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info