[2.5] CoC Vortex Elementalist *Insane dps* 2-3 shot Guardians - Shaper down! [Video Inside]

Build looks very interesting and I was thinking of running this in the upcoming league. How would you go about leveling and when would you suggest swapping to this build?
Thanks for your reply OP. How does this look? www.poeurl.com/Q1c
With the options you gave, I thought in Inquisitor might be the best but I'm not very happy with this tree. The life is just too low for me but I can't figure out how to squeeze in more.

Would Vaal Pact really be necessary for a life based build using this setup?
Also, how much critical strike chance / multi should I look to get from the tree?

I'm still pretty new to making my own builds so please go easy on me people! :)
"
DespairOne wrote:
Hey Nekhebet, thanks for the build, swapped to it from SRS and enjoying it so far but struggling with a few things:
- If my Vinktar wears off before the boss is dead - I die
- Random deaths from ranged hard hitters
- Any solo targets - low crit rate w\o charges and inability to gain them properly
I do use vagan dagger. Could you please review my setup and suggest what can be improved and how can I increase my solo target\boss productivity? My profile is public, character is Desparin

Okay lets see.

from my own experience the only bosses which have somewhere near high enough health that I have to worry about vinktar running out would be guardians, but do you experience this earlier?

You could consider a cwdt - ic if ranged hits are too problematic.

For solo targets, are you also using the orb of storms set-up? it would generate your charges fairly quick.

For your set-up:

looks like your char is empty so cant help much there.
"
pateleq wrote:
Have been playing this build for like 3 days now and I'm really enjoying it.
Damage is insane, especially against bosses. Feels pretty safe sitting around ~9k ES, but you can't go full retard like on some BV builds which is a + for me.

sounds good man :) happy that you like it.
"
Made the swap over to LL elementalist and love it. Leech isn't really a problem even with just Vinktar's. The only thing I'd probably like is a more reliable way of generating Power Charges against single targets, but that's nitpicking.

Interesting idea brought up about Warlord's as a third curse aura (then requiring Enlighten), but I just haven't needed the leech. Would be a bit safer though.

yea if you can manage the reservation warlords mark could work, but this build already has so many good curses to pick from.

are you using orb of storms to generate power charges on single target?
"
deselect wrote:
Build looks very interesting and I was thinking of running this in the upcoming league. How would you go about leveling and when would you suggest swapping to this build?

It might be a bit rough as a league starter, i guess you would need at least a 5 link and a vagan dagger and start out as life based, and then transition into ES gear and 5 link shavs. I havnt actually thought about this much as I wouldnt personally use it as a first build.
"
deselect wrote:

It might be a bit rough as a league starter, i guess you would need at least a 5 link and a vagan dagger and start out as life based, and then transition into ES gear and 5 link shavs. I havnt actually thought about this much as I wouldnt personally use it as a first build.
"
Thanks for your reply OP. How does this look? www.poeurl.com/Q1c
With the options you gave, I thought in Inquisitor might be the best but I'm not very happy with this tree. The life is just too low for me but I can't figure out how to squeeze in more.

Would Vaal Pact really be necessary for a life based build using this setup?
Also, how much critical strike chance / multi should I look to get from the tree?

I'm still pretty new to making my own builds so please go easy on me people! :)

Okay so I took a look at your build, and I think as you mentioned yourself that it would be worth trying to skip vaal pact as life based, since you can rely a bit more on instant potions for a similar effect, I changed some damage into life/jewels/flask nodes - www.poeurl.com/Rbr

For crit chance, you can look at my offensive chart in the guide, as I remember thats taken while in hideout which means it goes up a decent amount with power charges.

Crit multi I would say get as much as possible until around the 500 mark, then you can start to value ele/spell/area damage higher.

"
Nekhebet wrote:
"
Made the swap over to LL elementalist and love it. Leech isn't really a problem even with just Vinktar's. The only thing I'd probably like is a more reliable way of generating Power Charges against single targets, but that's nitpicking.

Interesting idea brought up about Warlord's as a third curse aura (then requiring Enlighten), but I just haven't needed the leech. Would be a bit safer though.

yea if you can manage the reservation warlords mark could work, but this build already has so many good curses to pick from.

are you using orb of storms to generate power charges on single target?

I do, just not terribly reliable (rarely, if ever, capped). Still works great though.
So you only need like 40ish % chance to crit? Sorry if I'm just not getting it here but that's what I see your tooltip but it looks like it procs every hit in your videos.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info