[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

"
Robaholic wrote:
Asking again as this puzzles me very much:
Loosing tooltip dps (and cast speed) with SR+CWC but gaining the fire debuff (and the dmg from SR itself). Im kind of torn what is best for bosses...
I understand other classes benefit more from it thru gaining more casts compared to templar, but i also feel the fire debuff is sick and SR dmg is not to be neglected.

I doubt that SR-CwC is an upgrade for the Inquisitor, most likely a downgrade. It's just cheaper and more mobile. But of all the versions of this build, Inquisitor has the highest casting speed (in combat) and I'm not sure that I'll be officially switching this version to CwC at all. I just don't have time to check everything right now. Doing the other versions first since they benefit from it more.
This is my second season playing the inquisitor version and I can tell that the original 2.4 setup is much better for it than the CWC + SR setup. Can feel it in leech and clear speed.
"
Jespetin wrote:
This is my second season playing the inquisitor version and I can tell that the original 2.4 setup is much better for it than the CWC + SR setup. Can feel it in leech and clear speed.

What did the 2.4 setup look like and are you using it currently?
"
hyper_ch wrote:
"
Jespetin wrote:

What did the 2.4 setup look like and are you using it currently?

Fire pen - Life leech - Controlled destruction - Spell echo - Elemental focus - Increased area

Then switch increased area to Concentrated effect when killing a boss. The CwC + SR works but it doesn't feel as powerful as the original setup, but I also use it in my secondary weapon with item rarity and culling strike.
The current setup is the same as in 2.4. It doesn't look like the Inquisitor needs to bother with SR-CwC, it's fine as it is.
"
Jespetin wrote:
Fire pen - Life leech - Controlled destruction - Spell echo - Elemental focus - Increased area

What about mana costs?

SR-CwC is rather cheap on the mana side....
"
hyper_ch wrote:
"
Jespetin wrote:

What about mana costs?

SR-CwC costs almost no mana and doesn't require Enlighten. But it's lower DPS for the Inquisitor.
Currently doing the Berserker variant with CwC.... SR is lvl 18 or 19 now and it costs like 12 mana. I have 72 free mana (Discipline, Blasphemy WM, Arctic Armour = 95% reservation), and the insane mana regen from the int is sufficient to perma-cast SR-CwC (without leeching) and hence also Icestorm.

But pondering to go the Templar version next season..... that's why I ask :)
Last edited by hyper_ch on Jan 10, 2017, 3:48:49 PM
"
hyper_ch wrote:
"
Jespetin wrote:

What about mana costs?

At the moment I have 1812 mana and 1541 reserved, so I have 271 mana free and it feels plenty.
You are insane man =)

When I was watching in your video that you were to going to tank the shaper's slam, with only 8.5k energy shield, I thought "No way man, Shaper is going to kick your ass".

I was even more surprised when you tanked shaper's beam and slam, AT THE SAME TIME!!!

¿How do you know that you could do that insanity? =)

Sick build, by the way.
Last edited by falxes on Jan 12, 2017, 9:28:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info