[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

prolly a nub question, why do we use elemental focus support? doesnt using pyre ring means icestorm now have chance to ignite for extra burning damage? wouldnt elemental focus prevent all elemental status ailments like ignite? isnt that counter productive, or am i missing something obvious
Last edited by buttcommander on Dec 15, 2016, 8:41:02 PM
"
buttcommander wrote:
prolly a nub question, why do we use elemental focus support? doesnt using pyre ring means icestorm now have chance to ignite for extra burning damage? wouldnt elemental focus prevent all elemental status ailments like ignite? isnt that counter productive, or am i missing something obvious

My understanding, but could be wrong: The conversion allows damage modifiers for cold and fire to both take effect(cold/conversion/fire), so allows a bit of double dipping. Its not to ignite things I believe. Plus we still get the frozen ground regardless so we still get some status effect. The more damage from Elemental Focus is huge.
IGN: Valisirin
"
Shade_RU_N53 wrote:
Hey there. I'm trying to use a modification of your build with SR+CWC and it works pretty decently. It's a bit more sluggish since it's Icestorm starts after cast time + CWC timeout, but it has the ability to blanket everything due to low mana cost, which is extremely important in Breach, while maintaining leech when close. It loses the cast speed from Inquis tree and flasks, but as far as I've seen, the DPS loss is about 500 per strike, compared to selfcast (4600-5100 ATM). What do you think about this modification?

I am using SR + CwC on my characters in the Breach league. It's totally awesome for leveling (no mana issues or slow cast time/mobility issues) and for most maps. My playtime is not very high in this league, so I'm just getting to the endgame now to see how it works there. Also, it may depend on the class: Inquisitor's cast speed vs endgame bosses is already great, bringing it to 0.35 sec would be a downgrade compared to the other classes. After I do more testing with different classes, I'll add it to the guides.

"
Jpump wrote:
Is this build possible without Astramentis? It's 60+ on HCB.

Depends on how far you are planning to go. An amulet with tons of Int plus some Str and Dex will do for leveling and low-medium tier mapping. For example, this is what my HC char is using (I haven't played HC much):

But eventually you want Astramentis for the top level stuff.

"
buttcommander wrote:

Ignite damage is based on one hit. Our individual hits are very small, ignite would be completely insignificant.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 16, 2016, 2:34:18 PM
One question: Why don't you add spell totem + scorching ray to apply a fire debuff to bosses? Up to 24% less fire res. The links would be ST-SR-FC-ID.
I've played the witch version 2 leagues now. I want more of a boss killer this time around, why is the templar better suited for bosses? Thanks in advance.
One question, how are our resistances looking like in merciless once it is all said and done? Looks like it's hard to get resist capped with all the uniques!
"
Shade_RU_N53 wrote:
Hey there. I'm trying to use a modification of your build with SR+CWC and it works pretty decently. It's a bit more sluggish since it's Icestorm starts after cast time + CWC timeout, but it has the ability to blanket everything due to low mana cost, which is extremely important in Breach, while maintaining leech when close. It loses the cast speed from Inquis tree and flasks, but as far as I've seen, the DPS loss is about 500 per strike, compared to selfcast (4600-5100 ATM). What do you think about this modification?

I recently swapped over to SR+CWC (removed ele focus and spell echo).
That was the only thing i changed in tree and it feels clunky in the beginning but im starting to get the feel of it and im honestly starting to feel it is killing bosses faster. Clear ability in breach improved too i think. The only anoying thing is the delay of icestorm...

"
villur wrote:
I've played the witch version 2 leagues now. I want more of a boss killer this time around, why is the templar better suited for bosses? Thanks in advance.

Pious path is the main reason i believe. Cast speed and regen on conc ground.

"
markness wrote:
One question, how are our resistances looking like in merciless once it is all said and done? Looks like it's hard to get resist capped with all the uniques!

I'm about 15 overcapped in merc even without diamond skin. It require well rolled gloves, boots, belt and chest. My current SC breach gear below (i know i need another enchant on boots and gloves and boots could have better ES rolls....im looking for upgrades).

I hope this helps you get a feel of what is required. If you go for diamond skin and also 10% res from bandits in normal (which i didnt, i went for skill point) capping resists in merc isnt such a big deal tbh.

"
villur wrote:

It's all in the Build Theory section:
"
Augury of Penitence makes all enemies on the screen take 16% increased elemental damage which applies multiplicatively with our DPS (same mechanic as Vulnerability) and is equivalent to a 16% MORE damage modifier.

Sanctify grants 40% increased damage on consecrated ground and creates consecrated ground on kill and on getting hit, synergizing perfectly with 40% increased damage from Sulphur flasks that create consecrated ground as well.

Pious Path grants 25% increased attack and cast speed on consecrated ground.

Instruments of Virtue grant 30% increased spell damage as long as you keep casting and 30% increased cast speed as long as you use an attack every 4 sec.

"
intre wrote:
One question: Why don't you add spell totem + scorching ray to apply a fire debuff to bosses? Up to 24% less fire res. The links would be ST-SR-FC-ID.

That's a new option to try. However, it would be useful only against bosses, and the survivability of that totem would be questionable since we don't have any totem support nodes. If it dies too fast then it's useless.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 19, 2016, 4:04:57 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

That's a new option to try. However, it would be useful only against bosses, and the survivability of that totem would be questionable since we don't have any totem support nodes. If it dies too fast then it's useless.

Nice, if the boss is attacking the totem then he's not attacking me. And you can recast it quite fast.

I've tried it in uber laby fights and so far was feeling fine. Give it a try and tell us your opinion, if you've got some spare time.
Why is no one using the Perandus Signet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info