[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

"
DarKMaKa wrote:
Why is no one using the Perandus Signet?

Instead of what? Doedre's Damning gives you the 3rd curse. Pyre is used for damage conversion.

Perandus Signet is used by the Scion version because that version has higher Int and does more damage with AoF+CtF+Perandus than with Pyre+CD+2 skill points. All other versions of the build would need much better gear and higher level to reach the Int that makes Perandus worth using.
It is such a pity, but I think my Inquisitor has reached his limits.

The build has great damage, perhaps the most damage of all the builds I got. It is also theoretically the toughest.

But the lag is too much for me. For some reason the latest patches means the game lags as soon as I started spamming for more than two seconds. I don't think it is the build's fault, it's just that GGG had put too much strain on their server with the breech mechanic and now I had to basically hold down the attack button and pray that after my screen unfreezes, that my character is still alive.

Everything about this build is otherwise great. A pity that this isn't an offline game.
Last edited by VallenChaosValiant on Dec 27, 2016, 3:32:47 PM
Welcome Marauder (Berserker) to the family!

Demo video: T16 boss run

This is my current project in the Breach league. It doesn't mean that it's the new best version of the build, I just like trying a new class in every league.
OK, some questions.

Phoenix:
Cannot face tank him at all...when he do the explotion im one hit dead! The whirlwind attack almost takes me out too. Capped res, ruby flask (no purity).
Is the PoF so important in that fight?

Shaper:
How game changing is purity of ice in this fight?
Got my ass handed to me on my first try lol.
My technique could improve for sure, learning animations etc but im nowhere near to facetank him (lazer, balls and all other shit thats happening lol)

Other guardians was easy once i learned the fights.

Traditional gems or SR+CWC, what is your preference for mapping/endgame boss fights?
Im about to face shaper now for first time ever, got two sets lined up...which gem setup do you recommend?

10,2k ES
6.3k DPS with SR+CWC setup. (assuming i would be around 8k dps with tranditional gem setup?!)

Gear:
Last edited by Robaholic on Dec 29, 2016, 11:59:42 AM
"
Robaholic wrote:
OK, some questions.

Phoenix:
Cannot face tank him at all...when he do the explotion im one hit dead! The whirlwind attack almost takes me out too. Capped res, ruby flask (no purity).
Is the PoF so important in that fight?

Yes. And make sure you are killing the adds. They stack a fire debuff on you.

"

Shaper:
How game changing is purity of ice in this fight?
Got my ass handed to me on my first try lol.
My technique could improve for sure, learning animations etc but im nowhere near to facetank him (lazer, balls and all other shit thats happening lol)

Most of his damage is cold. PoI helps very much. Use the Purity setup (you'll need a swap helmet, I just use a cheaper 14% Black Sun with a green socket), always pop Orb of Storms near him first, cast at least a couple Icestorms on him and only then start facetanking.

Dodging and running around makes the fight a lot longer, the arena gets ruined by the vortexes, you need to handle the ice balls to make them turn into vortexes on the outskirts of the arena, etc, i.e. it's a whole different fight. I'm sure it can be done that way too but my strat works much better for this build.

"

Traditional gems or SR+CWC, what is your preference for mapping/endgame boss fights?
Im about to face shaper now for first time ever, got two sets lined up...which gem setup do you recommend?

Of all versions of the build, the Inquisitor is the least likely to switch to SR-CwC. Your casting time on consecrated ground is already faster than CwC, and much faster while facetanking with Instruments of Virtue active. Inquisitor doesn't really need CwC. I'd stay with the 2.4 setup.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 29, 2016, 1:14:50 PM
Hmm, with SR+CWC I'm now able to remove enlighten in the helm since the mana cost is so low.
Thinking of using Empower there for more radius on blasphemy and WM and additional ES from discipline.

What do you think of this idea?

Or do you have a better option maybe?

Any downsides?
Last edited by Robaholic on Dec 30, 2016, 9:45:15 AM
"
Robaholic wrote:
Hmm, with SR+CWC I'm now able to remove enlighten in the helm since the mana cost is so low.
Thinking of using Empower there for more radius on blasphemy and WM and additional ES from discipline.

Any downsides?

I'm considering that too. Although with Empower you won't have enough mana for 3 auras. Extra ES isn't important, and Blasphemy radius is already fine. But saving a gem socket is great. Can move AA there and reduce the cost of coloring. Or use it for Vaal Discipline (lv 21!) to get out trouble. Or use a golem (Flame for a small DPS bonus, Chaos for extra defense).

The main question for the Inquisitor is whether SR-CwC is an upgrade or downgrade. You already cast Icestorm faster than CwC's 0.35 sec, so CwC would actually slow you down, especially in the boss facetank situation.

But for Berserker and Scion I see no downside, so they are going to use SR-CwC without Enlighten. Currently considering the Elementalist.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 30, 2016, 1:29:45 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Robaholic wrote:

Any downsides?

I'm considering that too. Although with Empower you won't have enough mana for 3 auras. Extra ES isn't important, and Blasphemy radius is already fine. But saving a gem socket is great. Can move AA there and reduce the cost of coloring. Or use it for Vaal Discipline (lv 21!) to get out trouble. Or use a golem (Flame for a small DPS bonus, Chaos for extra defense).

The main question for the Inquisitor is whether SR-CwC is an upgrade or downgrade. You already cast Icestorm faster than CwC's 0.35 sec, so CwC would actually slow you down, especially in the boss facetank situation.

But for Berserker and Scion I see no downside, so they are going to use SR-CwC without Enlighten. Currently considering the Elementalist.

LOL, you are right, forgot reservation cost changes with empower....fail!
Putting AA in the helm wont help will it? Lvl 22 is 13/13 reduce and lvl23 is also 13/13 reduce? The only thing we gain seems to be 0.1 sec on duration which is meh...?!
Sure, its worth to move AA if using a 6L so we can use enhance in chest.
Now i think the golems are the only two viable options or a second vaal disc (got one alrdy linked in my CWDT setup in boots..)

Tried flame golem and he made my dps go up by 200...couldnt care less.
Will go for chaos golem, 4% phys reduction could be very useful! Ill keep vaal disc linked in CWDT setup tho as inc dura on it is sweet as hell!

In addition...which gems should i prioritize to get to lvl 21?
From DPS and Defensive prespectives would be great.

I really like SR+CWC on templar...at least for normal map clearing, its possible its not better for endgame bosses...however will the fire debuff from SR make up for the dps/cast speed loss? Im torn tbh...in a way i felt it was better with SR....
Classic setup suffers on mobility due to SE.
SR setup suffers on leech start due to delay on ice storm...

Thanks in advance for your fantastic efforts growing this build!
Last edited by Robaholic on Dec 30, 2016, 5:37:27 PM
AA lv 20 gains 1% fire mitigation in the helmet, so then you don't need lv 21. And coloring BBRG is a whole lot easier than 3B1R early in a new league.

What gems to try to get to 21? Discipline obviously, especially since it doesn't need any quality. Although in the current CI meta it's easier to buy a lv 21 Discipline than to bother making it yourself. I was pleasantly surprised how cheap it was in this league. After that go with the DPS gems: FP, EF, etc. And then curse quality: Blasphemy, CoH, TC, Enfeeble. Some of them are the best as 21/20, others as 20/23 (see Gems).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 31, 2016, 12:55:54 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
AA lv 20 gains 1% fire mitigation in the helmet, so then you don't need lv 21. And coloring BBRG is a whole lot easier than 3B1R early in a new league.

What gems to try to get to 21? Discipline obviously, especially since it doesn't need any quality. Although in the current CI meta it's easier to buy a lv 21 Discipline than to bother making it yourself. I was pleasantly surprised how cheap it was in this league. After that go with the DPS gems: FP, EF, etc. And then curse quality: Blasphemy, CoH, TC, Enfeeble. Some of them are the best as 21/20, others as 20/23 (see Gems).

Ye youre right, "unfortunately" my AA is lvl 21 alrdy, got lucky vaaling.
My discipline is 21 also so all good there.
FP lvl21.
Conc lvl 21
EF lvl 21
SR lvl 20 (will try to get a lvl21)
CWC lvl 20 (same %more dmg on lvl21 as on 22 so no use to take it to lvl21 gem)
LL lvl 20

Will try to upgrade the curse gems next.

Asking again as this puzzles me very much:
Loosing tooltip dps (and cast speed) with SR+CWC but gaining the fire debuff (and the dmg from SR itself). Im kind of torn what is best for bosses...
I understand other classes benefit more from it thru gaining more casts compared to templar, but i also feel the fire debuff is sick and SR dmg is not to be neglected.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info