[2.6] Crystal - Crit Freezing Pulse - 307k-410k DPS, 10.5k ES, CI, Occultist

Yes, 2% life (ES) leech from Warlord's Mark as Blasphemy.
IGN: VanessaXY, Hideouts: 1729744, Build: 1746064, Witch CI
Updated my gear recently to have resists capped after I started using 2 Snakepit rings. Helmet was 2 ex and boots 3 ex though. Updated gear section in guide.
Later I respected the Walker nodes from tree that have resists and went for more ES. Now at 9.6k and it feels good man. Not dying with any reflect monster so far.
Added my tree in guide (under 115 points - new) see more info there.
I have now slightly less damage 274k tooltip DPS with just golem. Damage is already big anyway.
Also stopped playing Scion variant, that huge damage with all charges isn't needed and lower ES feels bad, easier to die.
Last edited by crystalrgb on Dec 11, 2016, 10:30:15 AM
Thanks for the update. So I see you removed Energy From Within Cobalt Jewel and the Melding nodes near it? Is that due to the recent nerf? (what did they do to it exactly?)

Also I noticed you could take the second "Avoid Interruption while Casting" node near the start, instead of the node above the Arcane Focus cluster (which I just noticed is now changed to +10 strength, was +10 intelligence). That is what I did to connect the left and right side of the tree.
i follow this build. but my character's pulse projectile number is only one.
in video, you fire many pulse. why?

(plz, understand my noob english :P)
"
effectcre wrote:
i follow this build. but my character's pulse projectile number is only one.
in video, you fire many pulse. why?

(plz, understand my noob english :P)

It´s the rings

each one gives an extra projectile.
-------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot for the guide, crystal ! :)

I dropped Freezing Pulse when shotgunning was removed, and now your guide brought it back to life.
I´m really enjoying it again !

I havent finished rolling my ES chest, so meanwhile I am running a life based build. Maybe others who prefer life/don´t have ES gear yet are interested in the skilltree :

I´d still recommend the CI/ES version, since the life version has some typical downsides :

- more nodes needed traveling to life clusters, had to sacrifice cast speed & jewel slots
- even with 202% tree life, 40% Belly and solid life gear only 6.6k life pool
- my damage top end currently 260k dps, still too much vs reflect :/

It still feels strong and awesome to play, loving it ! But the reflect issue is a big one !

You really okay vs reflect just by having 10k ES ? I drop from 6.6k life to almost nothing REALLY fast.
"
tkensei wrote:
Thanks for the update. So I see you removed Energy From Within Cobalt Jewel and the Melding nodes near it? Is that due to the recent nerf? (what did they do to it exactly?)

They nerfed the value that this jewel (wiki link) adds to ES by itself. Was 8-12% ES before, now its just 3-6%. Mine is 9%.
Since I didn't use the jewel for some time recently, I just resigned of that.
I took some +6% points near scion. My option is slightly better if not using the jewel.

But for more ES the jewel with those nodes is better (even not all 4). The first 3 are +8% ES with it, but +5% without.
And you have still the option to use a damage jewel instead when it's safer.
If I had 1 more skill point I would go back, and with another 2 I'd also take Frost Walker again.

"
tkensei wrote:

Also I noticed you could take the second "Avoid Interruption while Casting" node near the start, instead of the node above the Arcane Focus cluster (which I just noticed is now changed to +10 strength, was +10 intelligence). That is what I did to connect the left and right side of the tree.

Yes it is an option now, you can go 2 ways. I didn't take the +15% Avoid route, took the +10 intelligence (it's not strength). Since intelligence is something we want (+10 gives +5 mana and +2% ES increase by itself). But the difference is tiny anyway.
@Grumlum
Cool to see another person using the build.
I had before a Life based version of this build (well the one with LMP and without Snakepits). But surely just max 6k life is one major problem of it.
I switched to CI and suddenly reaching more ES is a matter of spending more currency for it (well a lot though).

Reflect wasn't a problem with 10k ES and 155k DPS. Now with 9.6k ES and 274k DPS it's also not a problem. 9.3k ES felt dangerous (I died).
I mean reflect monsters, since whole map is just impossible.
But: I always try to avoid added extra damage maps (the amount is just too big, nearly doubles the damage) and this can kill (usually does, happens too fast). And I also avoid elemental weakness. Surely both are deadly.

Also, since a while I try to be cautious and slow when I spot reflect monsters. I try to:
- have max ES before casting (since the drop is big)
- cast near other monsters to have leech also from them (for easy ones)
- (or) cast just once (twice because of echo), go away, regenerate, go back (this is for those with more life)
- and be sure warlord's mark is there (it's worse with hexproof)
Recently I died few times just from damage (not reflect), so yeah over 10k ES would be safer, I miss it.

I only see 2 ways to reduce reflect damage, getting more ES (expensive gear or less damage and more ES points). Or having more than 75% resists but that's unlikely. Before we could use a Sapphire flask (+6% max) but keeping it up is no fun.
And now with cold to fire we also deal fire damage so it'd be twice more difficult.
Last edited by crystalrgb on Dec 12, 2016, 12:21:06 PM
So I was planning to play freezing pulse for breach since it was my first experience on poe league (talisman) and I wanted to do better.

I discovered your build just before the league start and it helped me a lot on passive tree things, since i'm quite new I had trouble to choose between lot of stuff.

So here I am after almost 2 weeks (character : pulsativEX), I am running on a 5L decent chest atm. I am reaching almost 100k with cold pen as 5th. I found cheap jewels because people seems to sell without knowing at league start. I may lack cast speed but it is still very decent.

I am using two CwS setup, one for control with Snap, Immortal and Wall and one for damage with ice spear and freezing pulse GMP which deal huge damage tbh.

I may not be the fastest but atm everything is going smoothly. It's still pretty cool to play.

And yeah I use a culling rarity because , well . . . you know it's league so i need to loot stuff :D
Really nice build and guide :)

But is it only me there have some mana problems , and im only going with 5-link and warlords - discipline. I cant kepp my mana up
Where does the ES and Mana leech come from?

I cant find it :c

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info