[2.6] Crystal - Crit Freezing Pulse - 307k-410k DPS, 10.5k ES, CI, Occultist

Hi Im beginer...

Can I achieve good damage with CI + Freezing Pulse + Elemental Overload + VaalP + GhostR
and add to spell dmg not to crit ?
Hey, nice guide! I do have a question though. Where is the advantage of going Cold to Fire for fire damage instead of going for only cold damage (with Cold Pen)?
Cold to Fire did increase tooltip DPS, and generally gave more damage in game too.
I played without it before for some time (with LMP).
IGN: VanessaXY, Hideouts: 1729744, Build: 1746064, Witch CI
I'm having this odd bug with OP's poeplanner links where it doesn't show the filled out trees. The end-game tree looks identical to the 6x and 75 trees for me. Anyone know what could be up?
Maybe one day GGG will realize we don't like Labyrinth. ha.
Just got merc lab done. Occultist is SO good. The chaos conversion and automatic power generation is too good.
Maybe one day GGG will realize we don't like Labyrinth. ha.
When i search for a LvL 21 Freezing Pulse on poe.trade your character sells one for 15c. Is this a bait?

And check out the quiet new jewel "First Snow", as it adds a lot of value to a Freezig Pulse build.

It's not, I can sell it, but it doesn't have any quality, so it's slow. It would be much faster with quality and more expensive.
Yeah I played with First Snow recently and it is very cool.
IGN: VanessaXY, Hideouts: 1729744, Build: 1746064, Witch CI
Last edited by crystalrgb on May 26, 2017, 11:47:02 AM
Right, it's corrupted. I forgot about that.

I play more casually and over time i decided to make a freezing pulse build with high freeze chance. It worked perfectly against casual mobs but had only 30k DPS. Too many breachmobs/mapbosses/beyond bosses were extremely hard to fight.

I guess it's too late to change now. The gear is too expensive for casual map drops in the next few days.
Then Closed Beta for 3.0 starts (where ES and Vaal Pact are nerfed) and i play a new character ( = no time for standard league....if there is even time for PoE).
And 3.0 Release may continue the CI/Vaal Pact nerfs, who knows yet.
I can't see the trees anymore, it resested I don't know why. It was working perfectly 2 days ago.

Please someone help, I'm lost without it :(
Been playing this build since i got back to poe, pretty much self found, and it's great fun! Thanks for the detailed guide :)
Lvl 86 now and just got my 4th jewel. 100k tooltip dps right now (leveling freezing pulse again after adding 20 quality to it, still 18).
I couldn't manage my mana in a satisfying way with discipline/blasphemy, so what i did was add curse on hit to Glacial Cascade so i can apply warlords mark and enfeeble, working great so far (done up to t11 maps).
What are your thoughts on Omen on the Winds jewel(15-20% dmg against chilled enemies)? Does it scale better than cold dmg/spell crit chance oness, considering diminishing returns on these?

Cheers for the great work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info