[2.6] Crystal - Crit Freezing Pulse - 307k-410k DPS, 10.5k ES, CI, Occultist

Yes, I tried Cold Penetration instead of Added Cold Damage and I rather didn't see it as a better gem.
Normally it does less damage, so I get 109k vs 134k tooltip DPS (and I got both 20/20).
Sure, it does kill monsters having cold resist much faster, but those are rarely there.
Cold Pen will be better on maps with a mod like 80% monster cold resistance. And I think maybe also for hexproof and bosses.
I sometimes use Frostbite as Blasphemy. Cold pen does -37%, Frostbite does -44% and +14% chance to be frozen.
IGN: VanessaXY, Hideouts: 1729744, Build: 1746064, Witch CI
Last edited by crystalrgb on Oct 31, 2016, 3:36:19 PM
Updated the guide a bit. Added jewel and gem icons in post.
I changed 4 gear pieces and also bought new jewels.
I'm now at level 92 and using 6 jewels for damage only.
Got now 155k tooltip DPS with golem and with 4 power charges 195k.
Also using Vaal Haste, more under updates in Main skill and damage section.
can you do this build as low life with shavronnes aswell?

Yeah, I think it is possible.
For me it's a no since Shavronne's Wrappings has about 440 ES and my chest has 690. That's 250 difference so 5x would finally give me about 1250 less ES.
And there is the price, 5L Shavronne's costs like 4ex, 6L is 7ex. I never had 7ex at once :) So I don't see the point, if I can have 690 ES, 6L chest (also with more resists) for 4ex.
Not having CI, would also mean loosing the big % increase ES after CI (8+8+15) so 31% less ES increase.
Well I guess you could probably have 1 or 2 curses/heralds reserved in life. I for 5ex would rather buy the 21/20 Freezing pulse gem or a better wand.
Last edited by crystalrgb on Nov 3, 2016, 12:36:51 PM
I really like your guide and layout. I also have a Freezing Pulse Crit Witch build, and was wondering how your character handles enemies/bosses resistant to elemental damage?

I am having a tough time with those, almost impossible for some. I don't yet have Cold Penetration linked but I see you're not using it either. I have a +20% quality Frostbite curse gem but it doesn't seem to help much.
Hi tkensei, can you tell which bosses? Maybe I didn't kill them yet.
I've done all T14 maps and just 1 T15 map so far.

But honestly I don't see much trouble dealing damage. Sure, you can spot a big difference for monsters (and maps) with cold resist. Normally I kill them with 1-2 shots, but with resists have to hit like 5 or more. Doesn't bother me if it's occasionally. But if I know this will happen then OFC I switch Added Cold Damage for Cold Penetration, does more effective damage even though has less tooltip DPS. And this is also better if you want to deal damage more evenly, i.e might deal a bit less but similar for all monsters even with cold resist.
I don't see any other alternatives, Cold Pen is probably the best. On higher maps I don't want to loose either Discipline or Warlord's Mark to have Frostbite (might be more dangerous, and can't have all 3 at once). Other option would be to cast Frostbite manually for those cases.
And I certainly don't recommend those nodes on tree having 3% cold penetration, feels like nothing and are quite far.

I had more surprises with taking a lot of damage from few bosses: the wolf guy in Lair and Dark Forest or the goddess in Plaza.
Last edited by crystalrgb on Nov 5, 2016, 5:06:41 AM
why you don't have pain attunement?
Won't work. CI doesn't count as low life.
Since life is always 1/1 it won't do anything.
(topic here)
Last edited by crystalrgb on Nov 5, 2016, 11:41:11 AM
what a point use 4 curses when u can apply to enemies only 2 of them?
how comes i can'T survive any t1 maps with my current gear?
and how you suppose to run more then 2 auras?
i have barely mana with 2 auras, how you suppose to run 3 auras like warlords and poachers?
also my damage is really low :-/

3,2k es
max resists
24k dps

Spoiler
Last edited by jewels34 on Nov 5, 2016, 1:18:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info