[2.6] Crystal - Crit Freezing Pulse - 307k-410k DPS, 10.5k ES, CI, Occultist

"
crystalrgb wrote:

For me it's a no since Shavronne's Wrappings has about 440 ES and my chest has 690. That's 250 difference so 5x would finally give me about 1250 less ES.
And there is the price, 5L Shavronne's costs like 4ex, 6L is 7ex. I never had 7ex at once :) So I don't see the point, if I can have 690 ES, 6L chest (also with more resists) for 4ex.
Not having CI, would also mean loosing the big % increase ES after CI (8+8+15) so 31% less ES increase.
Well I guess you could probably have 1 or 2 curses/heralds reserved in life.

Already posted why before. Less ES and too expensive for me.
IGN: VanessaXY, Hideouts: 1729744, Build: 1746064, Witch CI
Last edited by crystalrgb on Nov 9, 2016, 5:46:33 AM
"
crystalrgb wrote:

Already posted why before. Less ES and too expensive for me.

Thanks, I thought I saw it before. I guess Chaos Inoculation is still better then.
Can I ask why you prefer 'Cast when Damage Taken' rather than 'Cast when Stunned'? I find Cast when Stunned gives me more damage, easier to level up gems, and I heard it is good for low health builds.
Hmm, I think I didn't try Cast When Stunned for long. I'll take a look at it someday.

Possibly because I get stunned with close contact, but not from far, and for regular mapping I usually don't get stunned that much as I get CwDT triggered. And maybe also to get that indication when I get certain amount of damage. I got used to it, if it triggers too much it's time to run away. I guess stun could actually act similarly.

@jewels34
Hi, any chance of results from using 2x Void Battery with this build? I think I saw your character shortly with them, and then without.
Last edited by crystalrgb on Nov 22, 2016, 12:15:32 PM
Thanks for your reply. I'll keep checking the two and see which casts more often. Currently it's about the same, my energy shield is still low so I keep getting hit/killed a lot and I figured if I have both they would cast at different times. Currently I have two 'Cast when Stunned' and one 'Cast when Damage Taken'.
Cold CI works great as Occultist and with shield much more tankie. Some other alternatives are discipline and arctic armor, blashphemy+frostbite, or for more physical damage glacial cascade with clarity. Cold is fun! Ty for your posts!
What do you think of dual wielding dory sceptres with this build?
Has anyone found the new Tulfall Tornado Wand released in this new Breach League? Looks to be great for our freezing pulse build. There's also a new Thorium Spirit Shield too.

Also someone said they added back The Surrender Ezomyte Tower Shield. Is this true? It would be great if true because it adds much needed armour for our low life build (I tried Chaos Inoculation a while back but would die constantly).

"
Imbawolf wrote:
what a point use 4 curses when u can apply to enemies only 2 of them?

I thought we can have a maximum of 8 curses on an enemy at one time? That's what it says in the wiki anyway : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Curse

Is this why you only chose to use one +1 curse node rather than two for 3 total maximum curses? Somehow only 2 will activate at one time with those Cast When gems? With the recent passive skill tree reset I am deciding which ones to allocate to fix my tree so I was really considering "Whispers of Doom" node for that extra +1 curse.

Also what do you think about putting a "Intuitive Leap Viridian Jewel" in the jewel slot at the Ranger's tree, so we can allocate Heartseeker for +40% Critical Strike Multiplier without having it connect to the rest of the tree? I guess we can socket it anywhere without first being able to allocate that jewel socket? (or do we need to allocate it first, then backtrack and de-allocate connected passives)
Last edited by tkensei on Dec 3, 2016, 5:36:50 PM
@Reuel21
So, I think Doryani's Catalyst (link) could be a cheap alternative to rare wands. From what I see it's like 5-7 chaos. Has about 95% increased elemental damage, 39% crit chance and very little (10% max) cast speed. It has tiny 0.2% leech, I wouldn't care about that, it's too little even twice, we have 2% with Warlord's Mark.
But surely rare wands will give much better stats (of course also being quite expensive).
Last edited by crystalrgb on Dec 4, 2016, 5:31:56 AM
@tkensei
So my view about "Intuitive Leap Viridian Jewel" is that I don't see much benefit. You loose 1 jewel, and as you see I use all of them to gain more DPS in my build. So at start this means like 8k DPS less (and OFC travel points to jewel, you can't back them out later). Then you need to allocate like 2-3 bigger points in the range (without the need of 1 small travel point to each). So:

1st good place for it is the far left part of tree: 1 more power charge and 1 endurance.
2nd place is top of tree: 1 more power charge and "Dark Arts" 8% cast speed, without whole chain.
3rd is far right: 1 more power charge and 1 frenzy. But needs 4 points to get there.
4th last is right down, for Overcharged (8% to get any charge on kill) but that's it.

Honestly all places aren't that interesting for me, given the fact that I loose DPS for not using my jewel (and travel points to get it) so in return don't get any big DPS or ES gain, just utility stuff like more charges.

Apropos curses/blasphemies. I'm lately reworking the build (gems, tree change) and running just the basic Discipline and Warlord's mark (so just 1 curse) and I don't see a big downside. Those 2 are just a must to reserve in mana for end game. And likely only option for 3rd/4th reserved is getting Shav's (this means lot less ES).
Last edited by crystalrgb on Dec 4, 2016, 6:14:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info