[2.6] Crystal - Crit Freezing Pulse - 307k-410k DPS, 10.5k ES, CI, Occultist

HEY, i wanna give a shot this build. If anything has changed since version 2.5 was released???
Okay a quick update, since a lot has changed lately with my build.
But I don't have any videos and thus didn't update main page. Also switched to Scion for a moment since she has power and frenzy generation in ascendancy, but lacks ES.

Tree
Poeplanner
So I abandoned the far left side, and the far right connection to Vaal Pact. Instead went middle right down to Vaal Pact, grabbing another chain wit Crit (True Strike), the big ES gain (Foresight) and a Jewel Socket (total 6, is the same).

Skill setup
I'm now using 2 Snakepit rings (link).
This means 2 extra projectiles from rings and not using Lesser Multiple Projectiles, so 1 socket available. This way tooltip DPS is much higher, and number of projectiles is the same. Even with 1 Snakepit (2 projectiles) DPS gain is big, but spread is a bit too small.
Next, I've replaced the LMP gem with Cold to Fire support (red). This gem seems to give a lot of DPS increase. I tried Empower level 3 before and that was poor.

The updated version is in progress.
- It has a lot of DPS. Now with just golem, tooltip is at 285k (was 155k) and with 5 power charges 385k. So the increase is big.
- Now struggling to get resists capped. Due to not having 20% all resist from tree and not using a ring with resists. Took 2 nodes Fire and Lightning Walker to have more. And also needed +30 Dexterity for Vaal Haste.
IGN: VanessaXY, Hideouts: 1729744, Build: 1746064, Witch CI
Last edited by crystalrgb on Dec 4, 2016, 3:06:00 PM
Did you try ice bite to get perma 3 frenzy charge up ?
"
crystalrgb wrote:
@tkensei
So my view about "Intuitive Leap Viridian Jewel" is that I don't see much benefit. You loose 1 jewel, and as you see I use all of them to gain more DPS in my build.

Thanks, I didn't realize the jewel had to be connected first. I thought you could just socket it anywhere :-)

"
crystalrgb wrote:
@Reuel21
So, I think Doryani's Catalyst (link) could be a cheap alternative to rare wands. From what I see it's like 5-7 chaos. Has about 95% increased elemental damage, 39% crit chance and very little (10% max) cast speed. It has tiny 0.2% leech, I wouldn't care about that, it's too little even twice, we have 2% with Warlord's Mark.
But surely rare wands will give much better stats (of course also being quite expensive).

Is this better than the Divinarius Imperial Skean? That is what I am currently using now.

"
crystalrgb wrote:
Okay a quick update, since a lot has changed lately with my build.
But I don't have any videos and thus didn't update main page. Also switched to Scion for a moment since she has power and frenzy generation in ascendancy, but lacks ES.

Tree
Poeplanner
So I abandoned the far left side, and the far right connection to Vaal Pact. Instead went middle right down to Vaal Pact, grabbing another chain wit Crit (True Strike), the big ES gain (Foresight) and a Jewel Socket (total 6, is the same).

Skill setup
I'm now using 2 Snakepit rings (link).
This means 2 extra projectiles from rings and not using Lesser Multiple Projectiles, so 1 socket available. This way tooltip DPS is much higher, and number of projectiles is the same. Even with 1 Snakepit (2 projectiles) DPS gain is big, but spread is a bit too small.
Next, I've replaced the LMP gem with Cold to Fire support (red). This gem seems to give a lot of DPS increase. I tried Empower level 3 before and that was poor.

The updated version is in progress.
- It has a lot of DPS. Now with just golem, tooltip is at 285k (was 155k) and with 5 power charges 385k. So the increase is big.
- Now struggling to get resists capped. Due to not having 20% all resist from tree and not using a ring with resists. Took 2 nodes Fire and Lightning Walker to have more. And also needed +30 Dexterity for Vaal Haste.

Thanks for the update. I've also fixed my tree with the recent passive reset. I didn't think about travelling down the middle so I will need to fix that later. Still 1-shot dying easily though, not sure if they are damage reflect. Can't afford better gear right now, or better jewels.

Also what do you think of "Faster start of Energy Shield Recharge" and it's passive at the top "Essence Surge"? And does Warlord's Mark need quality or leveling to get the 2% life/mana leech?

Updated the guide. New tree, leveling, skill setup and damage.
Added 3 videos T15 and 2 T14 with the new setup.

So I've done all T15 maps now (even before this update).
And recently visited T16 Chimera but man, didn't even do 20% damage before I ran out of portals. No idea. Probably needs more ES and lot more time (or patience/practice) to kill any guardians.

I was also on T16 Vaal Temple and it was good but the Trio (arrow rain) has such huge damage that I can't even...
Regular monsters in T16s are piece of cake though.

So as mentioned I got now 284k tooltip DPS with just golem and this gets to 385k with 5 power charges (just with that 10% on critical from ascendancy).

And yeah, I tried Scion for a moment with same gear and tree. She has less ES but also gets Frenzy charges from ascendancy. And man this rocked, at max charges (4 power, 3 frenzy, with onslaught) she has 498k tooltip DPS.
So to reply:
@TheFiery
Tried Ice Bite support (instead of Added Cold damage, is the only green socket I have now). And damage drop is big 229k (from 284k), is the same as Cold Penetration 232k. I had level 18 Ice Bite without quality.
So with Ice Bite and 3 frenzy charges (and 5 power) DPS is at 368k, not 385k as before with just 5 power. So it's much worse.
Ice Bite simply drops DPS too much (i.e. doesn't bring it up much) and its charge generation is very fast (10% on kill would be enough, it has 67%).
Last edited by crystalrgb on Dec 6, 2016, 3:20:45 AM
@tkensei
Hmm Divinarius, seems to be quite cheap. But it is a dagger, so a lot of crit chance (this doesn't scale that great) and no cast speed. I got 20% and 22% cast speed on both wands which is great, with all other stats too.
I think Doryani's Catalyst is better then, at least has 10% cast speed, not sure though. Price seems to be similar. And finally I believe rare wands always get best stats (but high price too).

Hmm 1-shot dying easily? Reflect monsters can do that. How much ES do you have?
It didn't happen for me when I had 10k ES, I got somehow now 9k and died recently (e.g. on that T15 video).
Still this was ok if there weren't any mods that add extra damage (or crit). If any of this exists it's likely to get killed with reflect monster instantly. Especially with also mods like reduced resistances or elemental weakness curse. I try to avoid those with extra damage.

Recently I started to be cautious when I see them, Reflect monsters have this bright white glowing spot circling around them in addition to this big orange wire circle (like aura but big).

2% leech in Warlord's Mark stays always, level doesn't change it, neither quality. I'm now even using level 12 (got less strength). It's just slightly less chance to get endurance charge with lower levels (still ok).

Faster start of Energy Shield Recharge was something that I didn't have any interest in. Just the same like with any mana skillpoints. Needs many points to see a difference. And I like to spend those on more ES or DPS. But I didn't try it.
Last edited by crystalrgb on Dec 6, 2016, 3:21:48 AM
Yeah they could have been reflect monsters, thanks for the tip on identifying them. Why is it that crit builds can't do damage reflect enemies?

I was thinking of adding armour since I die even more easily when going Chaos Inoculation (I tried that for a bit when my ES was lower, now it is at 4946 ES with Discipline/Golem). What do you think of "Wall of Brambles Plate Vest"? It has Armour: 2014 plus an additional +2000 to armour which is more than using a granite flask (which I find quite very helpful but it's easy to forget to use and only lasts a few seconds).

I'll try and save up for the Doryani's, it's more expensive than the Divinarius which I got for 1 chaos.

Interesting I was going to try Scion in the next league. Maybe I will use the same gear and see what happens.

Also what do you think of the new uniques? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1782690
The Tullfall Tornado Wand looks to be useful.
Wall of Brambles Plate Vest, well its a strength based armour, so it will have mostly red sockets, and we need 4 blue, 1 red, 1 green. Chance of getting this is very tiny.
And being an unique item having 6L is very costly, I see starts at 8.5 ex. 5L is cheaper but blue colors are very rare.
So it's a complete no for me.

Well 5k ES is not much. I was playing with 6k life before and that was ok for middle, T10 maps, even killed atziri, but only because you can restore it fast and instantly. Having 6k ES is harder since you can't restore it easy, need leech. And for reflect this is surely too low to hold the whole monster damage back without dying, even with leeching from nearby.

Interesting uniques. Well that wand isn't that appealing for me, since it's unique so it has much lower stats than my rares. Would surely gain power charges very fast, then loose them and gain frenzy. So we won't have max power and max frenzy all the time. And for bosses it is rather useless. Anyway I'm happy with occultist power generation so don't see this needed.

But I quite like the new unique jewels The Green Dream and The Green Nightmare that grant frenzy charges if resistance is allocated in large radius. There are 2 places for that, best is in middle top near +1 power charge (Instability), with large radius this will reach Frost Walker so grant 15% chance of getting frenzy on kill. I would use it, probably 8k DPS less without my regular jewel, but much more with max frenzy.
Other place would be that far left where I had 20% to all resistances (12+8).
Sadly seems to be only on Breach league now, and I only play Standard.
Last edited by crystalrgb on Dec 6, 2016, 4:02:34 AM
hey i am pretty new to the game is the only life leech you have coming from warlords mark or am i missing something in the gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info