[2.6] Crystal - Crit Freezing Pulse - 307k-410k DPS, 10.5k ES, CI, Occultist

Loving this build, i sold my other characters to min/max my gear. I made with occultist, but I find trickster is necessary to to mana cost (my cast speed is too high atm).

"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Where are you guys getting leech from with this build? Is 0.2% from a weapon or belt enough?
IGN: Twintail
2% Leech is from Warlord's Mark run as Blasphemy.
0.2% is too little.
IGN: VanessaXY, Hideouts: 1729744, Build: 1746064, Witch CI
Last edited by crystalrgb on Mar 3, 2017, 2:19:50 AM
Does the new freezing pulse jewel free up the ring slots at all, or just make the build more budget viable?

Starting the new league with this and so far seems chilled (lol), getting the jewel sooner rather than later was a big help too. Survivability seems iffy, but the early labs have been horrible so I've skipped em till tomorrow >.<
You mean Fist Snow (link)
Well it adds 2 projectiles so if you have it, then you don't need 2 Snakepits.
But for me this is worse. Snakepits have great stats with more damage and cast speed. I don't think anything can be better than 2 of them for rings.
And having 4 extra projectiles isn't needed either. It just makes it quite broad. That's only useful for maps on which this build is already great as it is.
Last edited by crystalrgb on Mar 4, 2017, 1:35:19 PM
Or can also use one First Snow jewel, and one Snakepit ring. So 4 projectiles in total. I am still reworking my build. But I think I will go with one of each.
Currently lvl 78 on Legacy Lague

8K es, 56k HO dps

6 power charges

got a first snow jewel for 3 projectiles

getting a Atziri's Promise Amethyst Flask now i guess

played says 1day 14hours, i'm not fast enough i guess, dropped first yellow map

edit: i'll craft %ES on that sexy morbid gyre ring :)
Last edited by loardpcm on Mar 6, 2017, 2:53:01 AM
@work right now
I don't get it: First Snow: 7-10% proj dmg AND 25% increased damage on shatter/allways = 35%ish increased dmg. Mandatory freaking jewel if you ask me. Why cold to fire gem again? For the double dipping ignite? Instead of using cold penetration that is a close to a more multiplier and freezing / feeling safe vs close to anything?

The faster the projectile is the longer the Fpulse will get(fpulse proj speed is a very important damage factor) damage falls off the shorter the projectile is. "The projectile fades quickly reducing damage and freezing change ... etc". Sadly the quality of the gem is so important for this. Like cold penetration the faster projectile is allso not shown in the tooltip. Sadly POE's tooltip is garbage on some skills. Still leveling my char: found a doedre, so I went for blasph frostbite + warlords ... working my way to +1 curse and will go for 3 curse, third beeing assasin's mark (for pcharge generation from the HOI + COH + assasin's)// Allso 9% chance to crit). I don't give a shit for tooltip damage numbers as it is sadly missleading. I will go with a shield / not use discipline: blasph + Wlords, Fbite, HOI, atm can do this with just the aura nodes from under Vpact. Will see how this goes. Uncertain yet if to go Elementalist or Occultist. Will decide that on lvl 70ish. Atm leveling(lvl 50) is a breeze, killing everything with ease in 4L and a lvl 1 epic wand becouse couldn't find better. I will try to get more proj speed on a wand.
Can i use assasin?
Yeah you could use Assassin. Taking cast speed from Shadow's tree start, it's not bad.
But witch has a lot of ES bonuses as Occultist that you won't gain as Assassin.

BTW. Happy 100k topic views.
Last edited by crystalrgb on Mar 8, 2017, 6:18:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info