[2.4][EHC] Tornado Shot Slayer | 6k+ HP | 40/46% Dodge/Spell Dodge | Crazy Clear Speed/Fun!

How come we're not using blood rage instead of frenzy to generate charges O.o? You'll easily outleech the damage it deals :O?
"
How come we're not using blood rage instead of frenzy to generate charges O.o? You'll easily outleech the damage it deals :O?

You need frenzy for bosses. Bloodrage isn't enough to generate max charges when you fight bosses.
I might rock blood frenzy regardless.... I really don't like the hazzle of swapping to frenzy while clearing maps. Maybe swap in frenzy on bosskills i guess xD
"
I might rock blood frenzy regardless.... I really don't like the hazzle of swapping to frenzy while clearing maps. Maybe swap in frenzy on bosskills i guess xD

I have Blood Rage linked in one of my 4 links. Look at my gear.
"

You don't swap into Frenzy. Frenzy is a supplemental skill used to build up charges on bosses. A large portion of this build's damage comes from poison stacks from Snakebites. You have to have max frenzy charges (5 for this build) to start stacking that poison on the bosses. You never stop using Tornado shot as your main source of damage.

One of your 4 links should be Frenzy, Curse on Hit, Assassin's Mark, Herald of Ice. Eventually, when you have two 5 links add faster attacks. And when you have two 6 links add Power Charge on Critical.

Here's what the average mapping/clearing experience should look like:

Make sure Hatred and Herald of Thunder are on -> Activate Blood Rage -> Use tornado shot to kill everything -> Use frenzy shot when you need to swiftly build frenzy shots to kill something "hard" (e.g. Essence Monsters) -> continue killing everything.

Here's what the average boss fight should look like:

Enter boss zone -> Spam Frenzy until you have max charges (you can usually build a couple if not all of them off the initial magic monster pack that is in most Arena zones) -> Drop Decoy Totem or Wither Totem (personally I prefer Decoy) -> Aim your tornado shot so the tornado swirl things are landing just behind the boss, because the initial arrows pierce and do damage -> Hit frenzy every 9 or 10 seconds so you don't lose charges and therefore poison stacks -> Refresh Blood rage so it doesn't fall off, because the attack speed is wonderful -> Keep shooting with tornado shot -> Drop Decoy or Wither Totem whenever it dies -> rinse and repeat until the boss is dead.

Tip for all fighting: When anything melee that can hit hard comes into range use blink arrow to get away.
Last edited by FreshPrinceLive on Oct 12, 2016, 6:06:12 AM
"
"

You don't swap into Frenzy. Frenzy is a supplemental skill used to build up charges on bosses. A large portion of this build's damage comes from poison stacks from Snakebites. You have to have max frenzy charges (5 for this build) to start stacking that poison on the bosses. You never stop using Tornado shot as your main source of damage.

One of your 4 links should be Frenzy, Curse on Hit, Assassin's Mark, Herald of Ice. Eventually, when you have two 5 links add faster attacks. And when you have two 6 links add Power Charge on Critical.

Here's what the average mapping/clearing experience should look like:

Make sure Hatred and Herald of Thunder are on -> Activate Blood Rage -> Use tornado shot to kill everything -> Use frenzy shot when you need to swiftly build frenzy shots to kill something "hard" (e.g. Essence Monsters) -> continue killing everything.

Here's what the average boss fight should look like:

Enter boss zone -> Spam Frenzy until you have max charges (you can usually build a couple if not all of them off the initial magic monster pack that is in most Arena zones) -> Drop Decoy Totem or Wither Totem (personally I prefer Decoy) -> Aim your tornado shot so the tornado swirl things are landing just behind the boss, because the initial arrows pierce and do damage -> Hit frenzy every 9 or 10 seconds so you don't lose charges and therefore poison stacks -> Refresh Blood rage so it doesn't fall off, because the attack speed is wonderful -> Keep shooting with tornado shot -> Drop Decoy or Wither Totem whenever it dies -> rinse and repeat until the boss is dead.

Tip for all fighting: When anything melee that can hit hard comes into range use blink arrow to get away.

Thanks for answering questions man! I'll post a video of at least some generic mapping soon I swear. I literally have ZERO maps in standard though, so if anyone would like to donate some different tiers/modded maps for me to showcase feel free.
"
Laynz086 wrote:

Thanks for answering questions man! I'll post a video of at least some generic mapping soon I swear. I literally have ZERO maps in standard though, so if anyone would like to donate some different tiers/modded maps for me to showcase feel free.

No problem. I enjoy this build quite a lot.

I know you've been playing your wormblaster a lot lately, but you could always level a new Tornado shot on stream ;). It might help this guide's leveling section, plus give deeper insight into transitioning maps and map tiers. Like what level/gear/life/etc. is good to transition from Dried Lake to early maps and then to mid maps, and finally into red maps.

I'm currently playing around in red maps and not feeling totally comfortable there at 6k HP. I know there are upgrades I can make, I just don't know what to prioritize. I still don't have a Reach of the Council, as I've not had a lot of loot luck and I don't really care to sell rushes or anything (sitting at about 150c + an ex, maybe another 50 or so C in other currencies, but I'd still be 75+ short for a reach).

Another upgrade I need to make are quality gems. I've got a 20q Tornado Shot and a 10q Pierce, but everything else isn't Q at all. That leads me into another question, what are some quality gem priorities? Like what's Tier 1 get these gems 20% ASAP? What's Tier 2 get these gems 20% after t1? What's t3? And what gems not to bother getting quality?

Still working on the head enchant.

I'm lvl 90 and my gear just isn't at a place where I feel comfortable farming Uber Lab. Merci Lab can still be dangerous if I get hit, but dies incredibly fast otherwise. Hell, I felt safer doing a twinned corrupted Torture Chamber boss fight than Uber/Merci Izaro lol.

Atm i'm farming t11-14's (lvl 88)and only died twice due to rolling phys reflect on maps and didnt see it,dps on ts is ~21k.Build is rly solid but i feel safer without arrow dancing.

cheers
Fuuuck me, the luck! got some really pricey card drops out of some diviner's boxes.

someone listed reach for 220c which is 50c cheaper than average.

6 socketed in sub 100 jewlers.

All that remains is to 6link it :D
Is lioneyes a substitute for deaths opal?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info