Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.4][EHC] Tornado Shot Slayer | 6k+ HP | 40/46% Dodge/Spell Dodge | Crazy Clear Speed/Fun!

I am trying this build (lvl 63) so far and like it

But read about not being so good at end game, can someone confirm? I tought this would rule in breaches or is it not so good? what is best build for breach farming?
Ive hit 94 with that build before i died ( ive put reflect map and just one shot myself feelsbadman# ).I was using 5l opus until t10 maps and pretty much rekt everything,for red maps i strongly suggest buying reach of the council.
On my 94 char ive did all maps till t15 without any problems and without op gear like 6l/drillneck + 1 arrow etc. The only problem is that you have to keep stacks,otherway your dps will suck on bosses but with full stacks i just melt all bosses in 2/3 seconds.
Im gonna give this build another chance cuz i rly liked tornado shot and its super efficient for breaches.
Had a lot of fun with this build in Breach SC, but it does have its shortcomings. I have so far levelled to 92, have a 6 link reach and +1 arrow drillneck etc., and mostly decent gear (but not quite endgame).

RefinedSugar I think gives a good overall appraisal of this build. In particular, the point about the poison damage I think is good. Snakebite no longer seems worth it to me, nor the wither totem setup. It just doesn't seem to do much damage and there's probably a better glove choice + 4 link that could be used instead. I'm quite a way off reaching ele weakness cap with all the uniques as is, so using rare gloves would probably help there too. Would appreciate any thoughts people have on alternatives to the snakebite and 4L wither setup.

Any chance for an update for 2.6?
"
RefinedSugar wrote:
I've been playing this for the last few days in Breach SC. I will say up front that I'm only lv76, my gems are not maxed, I haven't done uber lab, and I don't have two six-links or a +1 arrow corruption on my drillneck. In other words there's a lot of room to improve. Having said that, so far I'm pretty disappointed with this build considering the amount of currency I've invested in it. At least 300c so far with the Reach and everything else, and it clears just slightly faster than my no-budget league starter with two 4-link totems, and is somehow less survivable in breaches.

Here are the main issues I have with the build:

There's a lot of hyperbole in the original post (everything is "awesome" or "absolutely insane" or "through the roof",) but the biggest exaggeration is definitely the impact of poison damage. Poison took a pretty heavy nerf in 2.4 according to the wiki, and I don't know whether that was before or after this guide was written. Either way, it can be a bit awkward keeping charges up, and about the only time I notice my poison at all is when things turn green. Sometimes I stop attacking just to watch the poison tick, and I'm disappointed every time. Maybe I'm doing something horribly wrong, but I definitely don't feel like it "trivializes most bosses."

Intel is a huge issue, which isn't even mentioned in the guide. No int on the tree and mostly unique items means that without high int rolls on every accessory (or wasting jewel slots on int) you literally cannot level (or sometimes even equip) your blue links. (Notice how all of the blue gems in the gear snapshot are underlevelled and stop around 108 int requirement because he skipped int on a ring?) This limits your gearing options significantly and makes squeezing in enough resists to compensate for Atziri's Step pretty expensive.

Even with the leech rate, I feel like surviving breaches with a character like this almost requires Vaal Pact, which is easy enough to grab here, but wastes a lot of the Slayer ascendancy.

If you're looking for a Slayer to farm lab with, go with something that has access to a better movement skill than Blink Arrow. If you're just looking for something to play in breach that isn't HoWA ST, then flameblast and SRS will both clear faster and safer than this for a lot less currency. If you still insist on playing this, then the fated upgrade of Karui Ward is great for leveling and deserves to be mentioned. Just don't bother trying to keep it after you pick up Atziri's Step.

I'm really sorry to hear that you tried the build outside of Essence league. I've been away from the game since I hit 40/40 in Essence, so I didn't see any of the changes they made since I played this build in EHC. I can say that I logged in to see if this build was still as good as it was, and it seemed perfectly fine up to t12 or so (didn't have any higher maps to test). The only thing I've heard that might gimp it a bit would be that Reach was nerfed again? But I assure you, when I designed this build it was actually insane, so blame GGG if it doesn't work as advertised two leagues later :)

Edit: After reading the disclaimer you wrote at the beginning of your post, it actually makes sense why you felt like it struggled like it did. This game is about min-maxing, and all of those things you said you DIDN'T have, compound into a less than stellar build. Yes there are cheaper builds, but a lot of buids (especially ones that deal weapon-based damage) NEED more input to get insane output.
Last edited by Laynz086 on Mar 8, 2017, 1:35:33 PM
"

this build is pretty dead for now, since both Reach and Drillneck are dead
somehow managed to get to lvl87 with similar but experiencing pain at even t8
"
RenameAKDF wrote:
"

this build is pretty dead for now, since both Reach and Drillneck are dead
somehow managed to get to lvl87 with similar but experiencing pain at even t8

Honestly for the build to feel GREAT you'd have to get a legacy RotC. The drillneck only lost 50% increased damage, which seems like a lot, but at the end of the day it's still only an increase. To this point, a +1 drillneck is still fine for a budget, but you could theoretically get a double crit roll + multi/attack speed on a +1 rare that would outshine drillneck now. It'll be expensive, but that gives the build some room to grow. With a true legacy RotC this build would be even stronger than it was in 2.4.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info