[2.4][EHC] Tornado Shot Slayer | 6k+ HP | 40/46% Dodge/Spell Dodge | Crazy Clear Speed/Fun!

I would like to know this as well. Though I have one of these at 84 in Std, and he still seems strong. That leech is so good, and I got a Kintsugi on him, I am doing a Slivertongue bleed gladiator in breach, and that one runs grace, and isn't near as tanky. So till the op responds I hope that satisfies some curiosity. They gave me a respec, but I don't know of any changes I would make that would be any better. If anyone has done any changes to thier's please let us know.

Roth
It may be a bit too late to post, but ok, I'm doing this build in 2.5 and it's doing the job so far.

still gotta do the t16 and shaper (doing almost self-found maps only), got my 6L today and the tooltip is around 58k with 5 frenzy, 4 power and flasks up.

On 5Link I did twinned colosseum without any problem, also easily did all breach bosses but chayula.

equips (dont mind my bow links)
Spoiler

build
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAAHcBS0FtQZwDHANjREvFCAWvyF2I9Mj9iT9JpUnnyoLKlsuUzBxMHwxnjH6NZI2PTfUOdQ6Qju2QzFHfkp9S3hM_02STeNOKk6fUEdRR1LsVUtVhVb6Whpbr185Xz9h4mKsZU1sjG8nbztv8nBSdO11y3X9dvd343gNeWh6f38rgl6Eb4TZhaeGtIbOh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2_j2Caapstnaqgn6U1pcumV6lusKuygLTFtUi18re2uR29Nr6nwBrBBMEzwuzDM9Nv1CPUQtaK2L3awd2o3ePjn-dU6mLrY-0_7g7vDvTm9WH8xf6P_94=

still need some improvements, but it's almost as good as last league's blade vortex, despite I need to move from things...

any suggestions are welcome!
Last edited by koalito on Dec 26, 2016, 9:05:44 PM
This build still works in breach HC league? after posion nerf? Is it better or equal at least to cyclone build? ( which one has more survability?)
or is this build dead in 2.5?
"
Camaron wrote:
This build still works in breach HC league? after posion nerf? Is it better or equal at least to cyclone build? ( which one has more survability?)

It have a good clear speed and it's nice against t15 bosses, but on a hard t16 it may suck, damage depends on uber equips too, felt like magic minotaur was shaper on 2.4 blade vortex, taking hits of 50%+ life many times, I found it too expensive to master, rather do something else focused on shaper (like the flameblast I did that 1hit almost anything).
But man, that culling strike is a beast! lol

Don't know about HC, I don't like the feeling of doing EV on hc tho, it's too much RNG imo, would have to lower my dps (that is not as good as before the nerf) to get life, and i'm with 5.5k life and 22.3k dmg (no charges up).

to be honest, it's a gameplay choice, this build is not dead nor is the best build ever made, it's really good for farming.
Ty for the answer so a armor based cuyclone buuild slayer is better for hc ? I like the slayer class and would love to get a good build for hc
I've been playing this through some tier 7's and 8's, and it just destroys everything, but I'm having trouble with bosses. I am missing some damage on the tree / dont have a RoTC, but should it be this tough even with a 5 link opus?
Hi, is this still good in Breach? I really want to try this out. How it will be in end game?
Last edited by tipicozzy on Jan 5, 2017, 8:12:01 PM
Ive started this build 2 days ago on BHC,lvl 90 so far. Clear speed is rly good even with 5l only,you may struggle on bosses a bit at tier 13+ but if you keep your charges up with frenzy its not too bad.
I've been playing this for the last few days in Breach SC. I will say up front that I'm only lv76, my gems are not maxed, I haven't done uber lab, and I don't have two six-links or a +1 arrow corruption on my drillneck. In other words there's a lot of room to improve. Having said that, so far I'm pretty disappointed with this build considering the amount of currency I've invested in it. At least 300c so far with the Reach and everything else, and it clears just slightly faster than my no-budget league starter with two 4-link totems, and is somehow less survivable in breaches.

Here are the main issues I have with the build:

There's a lot of hyperbole in the original post (everything is "awesome" or "absolutely insane" or "through the roof",) but the biggest exaggeration is definitely the impact of poison damage. Poison took a pretty heavy nerf in 2.4 according to the wiki, and I don't know whether that was before or after this guide was written. Either way, it can be a bit awkward keeping charges up, and about the only time I notice my poison at all is when things turn green. Sometimes I stop attacking just to watch the poison tick, and I'm disappointed every time. Maybe I'm doing something horribly wrong, but I definitely don't feel like it "trivializes most bosses."

Intel is a huge issue, which isn't even mentioned in the guide. No int on the tree and mostly unique items means that without high int rolls on every accessory (or wasting jewel slots on int) you literally cannot level (or sometimes even equip) your blue links. (Notice how all of the blue gems in the gear snapshot are underlevelled and stop around 108 int requirement because he skipped int on a ring?) This limits your gearing options significantly and makes squeezing in enough resists to compensate for Atziri's Step pretty expensive.

Even with the leech rate, I feel like surviving breaches with a character like this almost requires Vaal Pact, which is easy enough to grab here, but wastes a lot of the Slayer ascendancy.

If you're looking for a Slayer to farm lab with, go with something that has access to a better movement skill than Blink Arrow. If you're just looking for something to play in breach that isn't HoWA ST, then flameblast and SRS will both clear faster and safer than this for a lot less currency. If you still insist on playing this, then the fated upgrade of Karui Ward is great for leveling and deserves to be mentioned. Just don't bother trying to keep it after you pick up Atziri's Step.

Last edited by RefinedSugar on Jan 12, 2017, 6:28:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info