[2.5 Video Guide] Assassin Blade Vortex End-Game Build & Uber Farmer! [HC/SC]

Just ripped my second time to the Vaal Boss Quetzeral in a side area. In dried lake. with 7k effective hp and 2 vaal disciplines up. Not blaming the build, but that thing is OP.
So I'm dumb, after looking up Quetzerxi, after having died to him twice in relatively high levels. Do not try to kill him with this build. Apparently releases his lightning attack every hit. So when I charge up 20 BV's and run in I die instantly. Lol.
"
Wahnfred wrote:
What i dont understand, where the high dps is coming from.

With lvl 63 i have 5 k tooltip dps. I had 2 daggers, with spell damage, global crit, and increased crit on spell damage, that gave me 3.5 k tooltip dps. Now i have 2 wands , without crits, but with high spell damage and high cast speed, that finally give me now 5 k dps.

Ok, its in development, but i really wonder, how i will ever get tooltip dps of 40-50 k. Dont have the currency for void battery , btw.

So, let me pls understand, how i can that build get running good, without special uniques like void battery.

Whats the math of damage for the build pls ?

I think 40-50k or more base damage only come as buff, unbuffed base damage is lower. I could be wrong but then.. if I am, that means this build can reach well over half a million actual max dps.. maybe it does, dunno.

You're a bit low level too. I'm lvl 81 now, and I'm at around 20k-ish I think, with 2 daggers as well. You have to ascend for your power to increase, and also use damage flasks like Atziri's Promise. So base tooltip might be 20k, but then with power charges and flasks it will get to 40k-ish. Oh, and this is AoE. Conc effect gives me 30k.. or so, don't remember. So towards 60k-ish fully buffed. And this can improve if I continue to lvl up, my gems are pretty high or max quality, but not all lvl 20 yet, my BV is just lvl 18.

So... 20..40..60.. that is only tooltip, which is bullshit as usual, because it doesn't tell you the real damage you deal. At max power [20 blades] you can multiply your tooltip with 6, if I understood the dense wiki explanation correctly.. which means for example 40*6=240k. Pretty amazing. But in practice you won't have all your blades active very often, more like 10-15, even lower if you're lazy, and so the damage becomes less. Check out the BV wiki for a more in depth explanation of the confusing math behind this..

I use 2 fairly good daggers, but nothing crazy expensive. I bought a rare one for 1 ex, and a Consuming Dark at 20-40 chaos I think. I use them because of whirling blades, but wands can add more power.

You probably need to invest in your gear and especially in gems. Power increases a lot with quality and lvl.
Last edited by monkeyonyourtonsils on Sep 25, 2016, 12:29:35 AM
So I tried this build, I have to say it's pretty amazing, really strong, the damage is great. I'm almost annoyed at how good the damage is, because I don't like melee builds. But of course, a build like this needs more damage to stay alive.

The problem is tho.. no matter how much damage, you can't one shot bosses or melt them fast enough, especially if your charges are down cuz you just entered a boss room. So it takes a bit of time to get to full power, and you do this while attacking a dangerous boss.. And you don't leech enough from just 1 creature. Yea, there are other mobs around, but not enough sometimes.

Also, if you're away from the boss you might not leech and you don't do any damage, if you're on the target you're getting pounded hard. It's a very risky situation where you can easily get more damage than you recover from leeching. Moving away from the boss.. you stop leeching, your ES takes a long while until it restarts.. and if there are mobs to leech from, great, if not.. you're potentially in a lot of trouble. Some mid tier bosses are already a problem. I was expecting I will melt their faces faster than they have time to get ideas. Nope.

It can be quite safe with packs, but then.. packs are never the problem.

I did a hexproof map in zana daily, and a physical reflect one.. where I added a physical-to-lightning gem. Not fun, but doable. Atziri mirror would be really happy to meet this build tho..

Also.. AoE. There isn't much of it. It's fun being lawnmower man, and with whirling blades I can cover a lot of space sort of easily, but.. it's not the same as having a massive AoE attack that covers the whole screen, like with bow skills, or flameblasts, or traps with chained explosions.

Aaaand flasks. I don't have Kiara or Taste of Hate. I don't know why you would pay 2 exalts for a Kiara, since it only helps with stun, and I don't have a problem with stun, as far as I can tell. Maybe cuz I whirl all the time. For anti-freeze I can use any flask that will last much longer than Kiara and costs nothing.. Taste of Hate seems really amazing tho, useful in many other builds as well, but I don't know if I want to spend 4 exalts on an amazing flask.. : /
Last edited by monkeyonyourtonsils on Sep 25, 2016, 10:56:03 AM
Hi, I'm trying simmilar build and have a question: what about Divinarius daggers? Worth it to wear in bouth hands to increase speell damage or Void Battary+shield is better?
Last edited by No_Free_Accounts on Sep 25, 2016, 4:54:55 AM
"
Hi, I'm trying simmilar build and have a question: what about Divinarius daggers? Worth it to wear in bouth hands to increase speell damage or Void Battary+shield is better?

I'm dual wielding daggers, divinarius seems a good idea, for the increased radius, didn't try.. With just 1 dagger I get a lot less damage, but then.. without a shield I have around 8k ES, which is not enough. Daggers are the way to go though, I think, because Whirling Blades + Fortify make mapping much faster, and I just.. have to have Whirling Blades. The problem is that if I stay on a boss for a while, to leech and damage him, I'm not using the advantage of mobility anymore.. at all.. and I die like a worthless leech. : >
I've been following the build and here are some of my recent gears. Probably gonna buy essence worm tomorrow. The question is that if i replace the fur beast with an 750-800 ES chest will i lose much damage and is the build still good? since i got the amulet with 25% spell dmg on. the chest would bring me to about 11k ES tho

Spoiler

Last edited by pinkq102 on Sep 25, 2016, 12:44:06 PM
would be better to use Shavrone chest instead The Beast Fur Shawl and get some auras blood magic from hp?
Is it dangerous to do a hexproof map since the main source of survivability is life leech from warlord's mark? In that case are you supposed to put life leech instead of added fire into the 6L?

Also are no regen and half regen maps doable if you bring a mana pot?
Last edited by LadyLoriana on Sep 26, 2016, 2:39:00 AM
"
Tomikxx wrote:
would be better to use Shavrone chest instead The Beast Fur Shawl and get some auras blood magic from hp?

Yeah it is defenitly viable and better BUT, i look at this build as "budget" build. If you have currency to buy Shav's (5l is 8ex) i would go any other BV build out there not this one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info