[2.6] Life Elemental Lacerate/BladeFlurry Inquisitor, Great clear/Damage (Guardian/Shaper viable)

"
"
menthol1989 wrote:
"
BammLee wrote:
Have been thinking about making a CI version of this build(just cause i really dislike vaal pact on life chars and to be a bit more safe vs reflect) and i wondered about something:
Is it necessary to go foils if you play with blade flurry? Been thinking about using a dagger instead since its a bit more convenient in terms of skill trees. Or does a Foil reach much better damage?

I think the reason this build goes foils, is because they are much easier to roll than daggers. So i think you can go daggers, without worrying

Yes, daggers can roll with both attack and caster mods. It's tougher/rarer to get a good dagger like a foil. IF you go CI, you definitely need to go for the dagger nodes. There's nothing sword related anywhere close to where you path for CI.

Another issue with CI is you're far away from the leech nodes. You'd need to rely on flasks, lab boot enchant, or warlord's mark to leech.

It's also tough to keep your damage and energy shield both high. Rat's Nest and Doryani's Catalyst are both big parts of the DPS in this build, and both mean no energy shield in those slots.

You're better off going for Hand of Wisdom and Action based Blade Flurry, which is much better suited for CI. That or Crown of Eyes and spell damage.

Yea have been messing around with it. No way to get the duelist leech which kinda makes it a bad idea to go CI with a dual wield setup like this. Thanks for the answer though, will now need to decide whether i wanna go with another life character with vaal pact this league or go for the howa meta.

I guess the only way to survive reflect is pop vinktars every time you spot a reflect rare? Been thinking about a way to maybe use warlords mark to prevent death through reflect, but since lacerate/bladeflurry are pseudo-melee im not sure its actually feasible. And beside that the build looks fairly socket starved
"
BammLee wrote:

Yea have been messing around with it. No way to get the duelist leech which kinda makes it a bad idea to go CI with a dual wield setup like this. Thanks for the answer though, will now need to decide whether i wanna go with another life character with vaal pact this league or go for the howa meta.

I guess the only way to survive reflect is pop vinktars every time you spot a reflect rare? Been thinking about a way to maybe use warlords mark to prevent death through reflect, but since lacerate/bladeflurry are pseudo-melee im not sure its actually feasible. And beside that the build looks fairly socket starved

I've got a high enough HP pool that I can survive reflect mobs as long as I notice them quick enough, or their HP is low enough. I have the occasional suicide, but I play SC so I can deal with it from time to time. I'm not too worried about additional levels at this point. Vinktar's is helpful of course when it's up. You can use Sibyl's Lament for 30% reduced reflected damage if you're willing to sacrifice the life/resists on a ring slot.

I think HoWA is probably the strongest version right now, because you're boosting offense and defense at the same time with all the INT. But this build is capable of insane DPS without nearly as much investment. You just need to be a bit quicker on the damage avoidance with movement skill (Uber Izaro, Shaper, Uber Atziri, nothing else is of consequence. They're all dead before they can do anything significant).
"
"
BammLee wrote:

I've got a high enough HP pool that I can survive reflect mobs as long as I notice them quick enough, or their HP is low enough. I have the occasional suicide, but I play SC so I can deal with it from time to time. I'm not too worried about additional levels at this point. Vinktar's is helpful of course when it's up. You can use Sibyl's Lament for 30% reduced reflected damage if you're willing to sacrifice the life/resists on a ring slot.

I think HoWA is probably the strongest version right now, because you're boosting offense and defense at the same time with all the INT. But this build is capable of insane DPS without nearly as much investment. You just need to be a bit quicker on the damage avoidance with movement skill (Uber Izaro, Shaper, Uber Atziri, nothing else is of consequence. They're all dead before they can do anything significant).

Thanks a lot for the answers. will need to think about it. I dont really like playing something that is bound to be nerfed but there really doesnt seem to be anything that beats it at the moment for a CI build. What do you think of using Acuity gloves? Are they worth losing the stats for some quality of life regen?
"
BammLee wrote:
"
"
BammLee wrote:

Thanks a lot for the answers. will need to think about it. I dont really like playing something that is bound to be nerfed but there really doesnt seem to be anything that beats it at the moment for a CI build. What do you think of using Acuity gloves? Are they worth losing the stats for some quality of life regen?

The thing with HoWA is that next league it'll be a Zana mod at best. They may still tune it (nerf it) a bit, but it will be much rarer after this league.

I've debated Acuity a lot. On one hand, I've personally been able to clear everything but Shaper so far without them. Shaper is definitely manageable as well, but I've only tried twice. On the other, the leech obviously means you can drop Vaal Pact and run Blood Rage with regen on top of it (with a minor tree adjustment). It has a strong INT roll which is great and frees up the requirement from other slots, which allows you to improve those. I tested with Path of Building, and I could definitely switch to Acuity, and with an upgraded amulet, still end up with a DPS gain. I think IF you have the currency to afford it, and have no desire to spend elsewhere, it's definitely a great QoL upgrade. You can definitely complete all the game content without them, though.
I see. Then i got one last question that i havent seen answered here(maybe i need to go a few more pages back?):
What is the opinion on choir of the storms, and to a lesser degree The perfect form?
Choir of the storms gives massive crit, at the cost of losing an elemental damage roll(which is huge i guess?). The perfect form gives a lot of evasion which helps with reflect but has the downside of lowering your life pool considerably, making you more prone to 1 hits through certain bosses/to your own reflect damage. I suppose both are not optimal and other uniques are better for the 1 unique slot?
Do we really need life-leech nodes near duelist after taking vaal pact?
Why does this build use immortal call? how are you getting endurance charges?
"
maxxxam wrote:
Why does this build use immortal call? how are you getting endurance charges?
IC does not require endurance charges.
Hi there! This is my current gear, i would like to know what to improve (Atziri norm destroyed me)

Gear:
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Life - 4.1k
Dmg - 5.1k with totem and blood rage
Resistances: 75 / 75 / 64 / -30

Skill tree

Thanks!
Last edited by LeSoulz on Jan 9, 2017, 3:30:57 PM
"
LeSoulz wrote:
Hi there! This is my current gear, i would like to know what to improve (Atziri norm destroyed me)

Gear:
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Life - 4.1k
Dmg - 5.1k with totem and blood rage
Resistances: 75 / 75 / 64 / -30

Skill tree

Thanks!

More life on your gear for starters. At minimum replace your rings. You can use THIS search as a baseline. Literally anything on this list would be an upgrade. Guaranteed at least 1 solid damage roll, 60+ life, and 50 total resistances. If you have more currency, you can certainly spend on strong rings, but even if you're broke, you can spend two chaos on rings from that search and get an instant boost.

More importantly, your skill tree needs a lot of work. You've specced heavily into armor nodes, but have very little armor rating from your gear. You need a LOT of armor for it to be effective, and this build will almost never provide that. I don't know how many regrets/respec points you have, but you need to use them. By my count, you'll need at least 19 regrets/respec points.

With those 19, respec the tree into THIS

If you have/can afford 25 respec points, THIS is even more effective.

Last, you absolutely NEED to complete the Uber Lab, or alternatively respec one of your Ascendancy points for Inevitable Judgment. That node is the bread and butter of Inquisitor. This build is pure elemental damage, and that node ignores resistances on critical strikes. If you can't get an Uber Lab done, drop Augury of Penitence for now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info