[2.6] Life Elemental Lacerate/BladeFlurry Inquisitor, Great clear/Damage (Guardian/Shaper viable)

"
Runal wrote:
Thank you for that. Really appreciated! I'll let you know how the build goes for me. Excited for the push my first time finally.

Good luck. It's a fun one. :) I suggest reading through this whole thread as you get questions. Patchumz, myself, Redbananaz (build creator), and others have answered many questions about the build and gearing. Lots of good info within.

"
ToTheMars wrote:

Got myself a

with pretty much the last currency i have at the moment. I can feel the difference. Gotta focus on some better rings i guess.
Want to have more life.

Well i´m kinda worried about switching to blade flurry because i don´t have that much currency left and i don´t know if i can get the right colors. vorici calculator says 120 in average but i doubt i´ll be lucky.

Update:
Just did my first solo guardian kill after switching to Blade Flurry and getting the Foil i posted.
Thanks for the advice to switch :)[/quote]

That's a really solid Foil. All useful mods on it.

Blade Flurry is such a great skill. They did a great job designing it. It may be nerfed a bit (or a lot) next patch, but the AoE and Single Target capabilities are great. The biggest thing to remember is to release at 6 stacks each time you get there. Especially single target bosses. The release at 6 stacks takes a big chunk every time. Gratz on the first kill! :)
"
Blade Flurry is such a great skill. They did a great job designing it. It may be nerfed a bit (or a lot) next patch, but the AoE and Single Target capabilities are great. The biggest thing to remember is to release at 6 stacks each time you get there. Especially single target bosses. The release at 6 stacks takes a big chunk every time. Gratz on the first kill! :)

Yeah it is. currently sitting at 2 guardians killed.
1st one was Minotaur and 2nd one was Chimera. Even tho i thought i wouldn´t kill chimera.
You just have to understand the fight.
Just got lvl 60 and i need to start gearing for the end game. Which chest piece should i pick? I was considering Queen of the forest, Daresso Defiance, Lightning Coil, Kintsugi (one of my favorites) and a rare chest piece with +1k evasion. What is the best option thinking in the evasion version?
So i've been playing this build for most of the breach league, and gotta say i LOVE it so much!
Level 92 atm, and can still see myself climbing a lvl or two with it.

Only issue i have with the build right now, is the crappy moments when you forget to pop flasks against a reflect mob, or just dont see it.
Also, some bosses are a pain in the butt, but they are rare.

So far i've killed the Hydra guardian without knowing the fight at all (first time playing with the Atlas)
havent gotten to the other guardians yet :( Been unlucky with map drops, and refuse to buy maps.

If anyone has any pointers where i can upgrade my gear from now on, i would appreciate it (most towards more survivabilty)

My stats right now is:

Defense
Life: 5686
resist: 142/146/155
evasion: 32% chance
armour: 1%

Dps:
in hideout: 9659.3 (with aura and golem out)
fully buffed: 16037

Again this build is awesome!

Also, if anyone is playing the armour version of this build, i would love to hear how the survivabilty is with that

Last edited by menthol1989 on Jan 6, 2017, 6:58:16 PM
"
menthol1989 wrote:
So i've been playing this build for most of the breach league, and gotta say i LOVE it so much!

Only issue i have with the build right now, is the crappy moments when you forget to pop flasks against a reflect mob, or just dont see it.

So far i've killed the Hydra guardian without knowing the fight at all (first time playing with the Atlas)
havent gotten to the other guardians yet :( Been unlucky with map drops, and refuse to buy maps.

If anyone has any pointers where i can upgrade my gear from now on, i would appreciate it (most towards more survivabilty)

My stats right now is:

Defense

Dps:

Also, if anyone is playing the armour version of this build, i would love to hear how the survivabilty is with that

Spoiler

The only possible upgrade to your gear would be switching to Belly of the Beast. There's not enough defense in this build to bother stacking a lot of it. You're better off keeping your life pool as high as possible, to avoid the one-shots and killing yourself to reflect. I'm at 6300 HP and I can usually hit the eject button on my attacks when I start attacking an elemental reflect mob. Everything else is about as good as it's going to get.

You can squeeze some more damage if you change Faster Attacks to Added Cold. It's not a major boost, but it is statistically more DPS.

Change your Vessel of Vinktar to the Adds Lightning Damage to attacks version. This build has almost no physical damage to convert. The added damage version is a little boost when flasks are up. Also, while the Topaz is nice for the reflect mobs, a Diamond Flask will ensure you are crit capped, or at least really close to it.

Your profile is private, so I can't see your skill tree or jewels, but there could potentially be upgrades or efficiencies there.

Given your HP total, I feel like Belly and maybe grabbing a few more life nodes are your best moves now.
"
"
menthol1989 wrote:

My stats right now is:

Defense

Dps:

Spoiler

The only possible upgrade to your gear would be switching to Belly of the Beast. There's not enough defense in this build to bother stacking a lot of it. You're better off keeping your life pool as high as possible, to avoid the one-shots and killing yourself to reflect. I'm at 6300 HP and I can usually hit the eject button on my attacks when I start attacking an elemental reflect mob. Everything else is about as good as it's going to get.

You can squeeze some more damage if you change Faster Attacks to Added Cold. It's not a major boost, but it is statistically more DPS.

Change your Vessel of Vinktar to the Adds Lightning Damage to attacks version. This build has almost no physical damage to convert. The added damage version is a little boost when flasks are up. Also, while the Topaz is nice for the reflect mobs, a Diamond Flask will ensure you are crit capped, or at least really close to it.

Your profile is private, so I can't see your skill tree or jewels, but there could potentially be upgrades or efficiencies there.

Given your HP total, I feel like Belly and maybe grabbing a few more life nodes are your best moves now.

Hey!

Thank you for the feedback, didnt even know there were different versions of Vinktar's.
I've made my profile public now so you can have a look :-).
Have been thinking about making a CI version of this build(just cause i really dislike vaal pact on life chars and to be a bit more safe vs reflect) and i wondered about something:
Is it necessary to go foils if you play with blade flurry? Been thinking about using a dagger instead since its a bit more convenient in terms of skill trees. Or does a Foil reach much better damage?
"
BammLee wrote:
Have been thinking about making a CI version of this build(just cause i really dislike vaal pact on life chars and to be a bit more safe vs reflect) and i wondered about something:
Is it necessary to go foils if you play with blade flurry? Been thinking about using a dagger instead since its a bit more convenient in terms of skill trees. Or does a Foil reach much better damage?

I think the reason this build goes foils, is because they are much easier to roll than daggers. So i think you can go daggers, without worrying
"
menthol1989 wrote:
Spoiler
"
"
menthol1989 wrote:

My stats right now is:

Defense

Dps:

Spoiler

Hey!

Thank you for the feedback, didnt even know there were different versions of Vinktar's.
I've made my profile public now so you can have a look :-).

Yeah, the attack damage Vinktar's is a boost.

Belly of the Beast would push you over 6000 HP, but you'd need to make up the lost resistances. Best bet would be on the belt. You can lower the weapon elemental roll without making a noticeable loss to your DPS.

I would recolor some of your gear. You can put Whirling Blades in a 4L, go 2G2R and add Fortify. That way on bosses you can WB through them and keep Fortify refreshed, which helps a lot defensively.

Move your Curse on Hit setup to a weapon. There's no benefit to a 4th link on it. Move the Immortal Call - CWDT to the boots and keep the increased duration to boost the IC uptime.

You don't have Ancestral Warchief at all, and he's a big help. He draws aggro, he does great damage, and he boosts your damage. I'd look into getting that set-up running too. If not him, at least grab Decoy Totem to keep some aggro off you.

I'd recommend changing your tree to THIS

It will require a little more effort on your resistances, especially if you switch to Belly. BUT, looking at Path of Building it's still a DPS boost at max charges. (about 50k damage boost at 6 stages of BF). Without charges (basically every boss fight), it's about 100k damage boost. This build is too unreliable in generating charges, so I generally would advise against the Frenzy nodes in the tree. We don't need to help in mapping, and unless there are a lot of adds, it's difficult to keep any uptime against bosses.

Forces of Nature is a much stronger node than both Elementalist and Catalyze together. You lose the bit of resists, but you gain more skill points. Disemboweling is very strong as it boosts your natural crit chance, and more importantly the multiplier as well.

If you keep the normal armor, you'd jump from 5686 HP to 5829. With Belly of the Beast it would be 6229 (depending on how much you gain/lose adjusting your gear for resists).

I would for sure upgrade the "Blight Prism" jewel. The most effective modifier you can get is Crit Multi. You're crit capped with power charges, and if you use a diamond flask, you'll be crit capped there as well. Damage-wise, you want to look for Multi -> Attack Speed -> Area/Melee.

You're doing nothing but Min/Maxing at this point, but when you're not playing CI, you really want as much life as possible to avoid the one-shots. Belly of the Beast is your best bet to do that. Get that, get an attack Vinktar, adjust the tree a bit, tweak your belt/gold ring to keep resists capped.
"
menthol1989 wrote:
"
BammLee wrote:

I think the reason this build goes foils, is because they are much easier to roll than daggers. So i think you can go daggers, without worrying

Yes, daggers can roll with both attack and caster mods. It's tougher/rarer to get a good dagger like a foil. IF you go CI, you definitely need to go for the dagger nodes. There's nothing sword related anywhere close to where you path for CI.

Another issue with CI is you're far away from the leech nodes. You'd need to rely on flasks, lab boot enchant, or warlord's mark to leech.

It's also tough to keep your damage and energy shield both high. Rat's Nest and Doryani's Catalyst are both big parts of the DPS in this build, and both mean no energy shield in those slots.

You're better off going for Hand of Wisdom and Action based Blade Flurry, which is much better suited for CI. That or Crown of Eyes and spell damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info