[2.6] Life Elemental Lacerate/BladeFlurry Inquisitor, Great clear/Damage (Guardian/Shaper viable)

hi, i just wanna ask something, i hv belly of the beast, how do i change the colour, it seems pretty hard for me, to get 3B on the belly and please tell me what else i hv to upgrade. the ring or amulet i that i should use
Spoiler
Last edited by naimhairix51 on Jan 4, 2017, 4:50:42 PM
So far all is pretty smooth as long as I pay attention, only boss I have had an issue with was the in Overgrown Ruin, I lost all 6 portals trying to kill the bosses...
"
naimhairix51 wrote:
hi, i just wanna ask something, i hv belly of the beast, how do i change the colour, it seems pretty hard for me, to get 3B on the belly and please tell me what else i hv to upgrade. the ring or amulet i that i should use
Spoiler

Hi just use https://siveran.github.io/calc.html
and type in stat requirements and sockets.
"
ToTheMars wrote:
Hey, so i´m kinda hoping to get any tips on further improving my gear.
My damage seems good to me and i wouldn´t complain about that. Defense? Ehh I think i need more of that.
I think my chest is the worst armor piece and i´d have to upgrade that.
But what chest do i go for. Another one with higher Evasion and life, resist etc.
Or do i go for any unique chest? Or do i maybe upgrade some other items? Hope anyone can help :)

Defense:
Resist 100%+
Life 5,1k
Armour 141 => 1% reduction
Evasion 4756 => 29% evade, 30% dodge
Energy shield 30 (well at least something ^^)

Damage:
Lacerate in hideout with Herald, golem and wrath: 48k

Gear:
Spoiler

I´m doing fine farming atziri and t15 maps. Tried one guardian today and got rekt by his damage prob physical, it was chimera with a lot of mods to get the atlas bonus.

Your HP pool is way too low. The "defense" of this build is getting as high of a life pool as you can, and leeching instantly with Vaal Pact. Dodge/Evasion/Armor are all nice little extras, but you're not going to survive off of any of that alone.

6L Belly of the Beast is BIS armor. It's going to add the most to your health pool.

First for you, though, is upgrading your weapon. That is top priority. The damage on that one is pitiful. You can easily score a huge upgrade without a ton of currency investment. That foil does 242 eDPS. There are a lot of available foils with 350+ eDPS at 15-50 chaos. If you have the currency, spending a few exalts on a 370+ eDPS Foil is a worthy investment. More damage means more leech and quicker enemy deaths, means you die a lot less.

After that, a 6L Belly of the Beast will help your health pool.

After that, I would look into getting similar rings with high HP rolls (70+). A similar belt with better resists. Lots of little incremental stuff.

"
naimhairix51 wrote:
Spoiler

As ToTheMars said, use the Vorici calculator and choose the method you most prefer. Using the "1 blue" crafting bench should give you the cheapest cost, but RNG is widely varied. Using the "3 Blue" crafting will take the fewest attempts, but could use a lot more chromes.

If you can't get 3B, at least get 2G2R2B and use faster attacks. Added Fire does almost nothing for this build. We have almost no physical damage to scale off of.

I would look for gear with better life rolls. You want 70+ on everything you can. It's a balance of getting the proper life/resists/damage. This build is capable of insane damage, so I would lower my requirements on damage mods to ensure survivability. Best option is to use Rat's Nest as a helm. It's a massive DPS boost, and allows you a little more flexibility for life/resists on your jewelry pieces.

"
13isLucky wrote:
So far all is pretty smooth as long as I pay attention, only boss I have had an issue with was the in Overgrown Ruin, I lost all 6 portals trying to kill the bosses...

That one can be especially difficult depending on the map mods and what bosses spawn.
"

Your HP pool is way too low. The "defense" of this build is getting as high of a life pool as you can, and leeching instantly with Vaal Pact. Dodge/Evasion/Armor are all nice little extras, but you're not going to survive off of any of that alone.

6L Belly of the Beast is BIS armor. It's going to add the most to your health pool.

First for you, though, is upgrading your weapon. That is top priority. The damage on that one is pitiful. You can easily score a huge upgrade without a ton of currency investment. That foil does 242 eDPS. There are a lot of available foils with 350+ eDPS at 15-50 chaos. If you have the currency, spending a few exalts on a 370+ eDPS Foil is a worthy investment. More damage means more leech and quicker enemy deaths, means you die a lot less.

After that, I would look into getting similar rings with high HP rolls (70+). A similar belt with better resists. Lots of little incremental stuff.

Thank your for replying.
I didn´t really notice the damage on the weapon because my dmg was fine, but you´re right more leech = more survivability. And i bought a
because no one was answering and i was asking some other people and they said that the belly should help. And indeed 700 life more and i feel better. But thanks for letting me know about the weapon and the rings i guess, i´ll have a look on that next!
I'm still learning a lot about the game. I want to try and push to end game my first time with this build. It looks super fun. Is their a leveling section for the skill tree though because I'm not experienced enough to know where to go first. Also is this build good for a person going to end game for the first time?
"
ToTheMars wrote:
Spoiler
"

Thank your for replying.
I didn´t really notice the damage on the weapon because my dmg was fine, but you´re right more leech = more survivability. And i bought a
because no one was answering and i was asking some other people and they said that the belly should help. And indeed 700 life more and i feel better. But thanks for letting me know about the weapon and the rings i guess, i´ll have a look on that next!

Yes, this build has a ton of power between the gear, tree, and gems. Your current foil is enhanced by having really strong attack speed and crit chance. However the elemental rolls are really low, and this build is all about stacking elemental damage. You can also consider swapping to Blade Flurry, which is stronger than Lacerate in its current state. You'd just need to switch multistrike to added cold or faster attacks. Our defense is leech, and you need the HP to avoid the one-shots. I'm sitting at 6300 HP right now and I wish I had more. Playing ES and CI with a 9000+ shield makes playing a life build feel like a foolish choice. But I've taken down all 4 guardians (two deathless so far), Uber Atziri, pretty much everything but Shaper with this build, and he's definitely possible.

While it's additive with the other %life rolls on the tree, it's still a big boost. Every point of flat life you get is enhanced further by that 39% on the armor.

"
Runal wrote:
I'm still learning a lot about the game. I want to try and push to end game my first time with this build. It looks super fun. Is their a leveling section for the skill tree though because I'm not experienced enough to know where to go first. Also is this build good for a person going to end game for the first time?

The tree is pretty straight-forward. You start in the Templar area, and grab the AoE nodes. Work your way down through the Scion life-wheel into the Duelist area. Grab the leech nodes as you move to the Twin Terrors, Thick Skin, and Fatal Blade nodes. Keep going into the ranger area and grab Herbalism and Heartseeker. Grab Acrobatics and head right towards Vaal Pact. Move north into the Shadow area take the straight path as outlined in the OP tree. Double back and grab Golem's Blood and Disemboweling.

Some grouped breakdowns (by skill points available, not level)

20 Points
Initial Templar nodes

43 Points
Life wheel, Duelist nodes, Leech nodes. (Get the mana leech! you need it. Feel free to take Spirit Void if you have mana issues, and take the points out later).

57 Points
Dual-wield crit, Sword crit, Life.

71 Points
More life, jewel socket, Crit multi, Acrobatics.

84 Points (Level 63)
Shadow nodes for Elemental, Life and Crit.

97 Points (Level 76)
Taking more life nodes, Marauder area Sword crit

111 Points (Level 90)
Filling out the rest of the tree. Elemental Damage, Jewel Socket, more life support. Vaal Pact is added here (your gear should easily support it by now. You can take it at the 84 point phase or even sooner if you feel comfortable leveling with it). Anything past 90 I'd put into the life wheel for additional HP.

This is my personal tree. Some prefer to fill out the Scion life-wheel for more HP, but I personally think Barbarism and Devotion are more effective, and the difference in total life is very small.

I think this build is great for a first-timer pushing to the end game. The biggest challenge is getting used to Vaal Pact and the health degen from Blood Rage. The speed and power of this build is crazy good. Outside of the standard cost of a 6L armor, nothing is overly expensive in this build, until you start min-maxing gear.
Last edited by nEgativezEro89 on Jan 5, 2017, 4:59:34 PM
Thank you for that. Really appreciated! I'll let you know how the build goes for me. Excited for the push my first time finally.
"

Yes, this build has a ton of power between the gear, tree, and gems. Your current foil is enhanced by having really strong attack speed and crit chance. However the elemental rolls are really low, and this build is all about stacking elemental damage. You can also consider swapping to Blade Flurry, which is stronger than Lacerate in its current state. You'd just need to switch multistrike to added cold or faster attacks. Our defense is leech, and you need the HP to avoid the one-shots. I'm sitting at 6300 HP right now and I wish I had more. Playing ES and CI with a 9000+ shield makes playing a life build feel like a foolish choice. But I've taken down all 4 guardians (two deathless so far), Uber Atziri, pretty much everything but Shaper with this build, and he's definitely possible.

While it's additive with the other %life rolls on the tree, it's still a big boost. Every point of flat life you get is enhanced further by that 39% on the armor.

Got myself a

with pretty much the last currency i have at the moment. I can feel the difference. Gotta focus on some better rings i guess.
Want to have more life.

Well i´m kinda worried about switching to blade flurry because i don´t have that much currency left and i don´t know if i can get the right colors. vorici calculator says 120 in average but i doubt i´ll be lucky.
Update:
Just did my first solo guardian kill after switching to Blade Flurry and getting the Foil i posted.
Thanks for the advice to switch :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info