[2.6] Life Elemental Lacerate/BladeFlurry Inquisitor, Great clear/Damage (Guardian/Shaper viable)

Hello,Patchumz.If I had an +1curse amulet which curse should I go for beside Assassin's mark?
I see, our trees are a bit different. Only one point to take it the way I have pathed, I try to most efficiently avoid requiring stats on gear.
"
crazyabbza007 wrote:
Hello,Patchumz.If I had an +1curse amulet which curse should I go for beside Assassin's mark?

Well, you first need a proper way to apply the curse you have in my opinion. If you can find an efficient way to curse things with Assassin's Mark, I'd use that. The only reason we don't pre-curse things with Ass Mark is just that there's no good way to apply it.
However, if you do have +1 curse or something that you can apply without losing any necessary stats, you should look to get temp chains on hit on gloves for the defensiveness of it. If you can find a creative way to curse on hit, try to apply both Assassin's Mark and Enfeeble. I don't recommend using Blasphemy, auras give us too much DPS/utility to drop one for that.

So you have a problem, you don't even use the one curse we have, it's only applied for a split second to give power charges. If you find unobtrusive ways to apply curses, go for it, but I just don't see how without losing clear speed.

You want more defense though, so look for that in your curses. DPS is insane and leech is insane, we just need to not die to one shots in the process.
El Psy Congroo.
Last edited by Patchumz on Dec 13, 2016, 8:34:58 PM
Is Choir of the storm lapis amulet good for this build?
"
Dmgg wrote:
Is Choir of the storm lapis amulet good for this build?

I would say it's good but not great. This build has enough access to crit that the amulet isn't really necessary. You're also losing out on life/resistances on the amulet and requiring the rest of your gear to be heavy on lightning resistance. Its effects also ignore the fire and cold damage that's done.

It would work, but I feel like the gearing cost and requirements make it more trouble than it's worth.
soo, I really like this build but I seem to be kinda stuck. I am at level 88 and the highest tier of maps I have been able to do without dying is 11 and managed it only once.

Leveling up seems impossible unless I want to farm lower tier maps forever.

The only Breachlord I was able to kill consistently without dying or rarely dying is Xoph.

Life is at 5.3k

What can I do to progress? Are there ways to optimize my gear? Input appreciated!

"
PatBateman12 wrote:
soo, I really like this build but I seem to be kinda stuck. I am at level 88 and the highest tier of maps I have been able to do without dying is 11 and managed it only once.

The only Breachlord I was able to kill consistently without dying or rarely dying is Xoph.

Life is at 5.3k

What can I do to progress? Are there ways to optimize my gear? Input appreciated!

Switch to Blade Flurry?

I've not played the Lacerate version, but at a glance most of your gear is fine. I would definitely upgrade the mainhand foil first. This build's defense is built on DPS-ing the shit out of everything and outleeching the incoming damage with Vaal Pact. A 230 eDPS Foil isn't going to be the best weapon to do that in red maps. I'd search for 330+ eDPS Foil for starters. If you're willing to sacrifice the crit roll (which isn't overly necessary with levels and gear), you can usually find a solid weapon for a decent price. Go all out on the best you can afford.

After that your gloves aren't great. Physical damage is of little use, as is the phys leech. Ideally you want a combo of life/resistance/attack speed/elemental damage.

Your boots have no movement speed on them. While Whirling Blades handles most of our movement needs, it's still helpful to move quicker via clicking in the heat of battle.

Aside from meeting your INT requirement, the amulet doesn't offer much. Keep in mind you can get int from gloves/boost with energy shield. That can lesses the need of a hgh roll on the ammy. Also the passive tree has the +30 int node which isn't bad to take if you can't support the reqs with your gear. Ideally on the Ammy you would get Max Life, Int, and at least 2 strong offensive rolls (High Flat Elemental, % Elemental with Weapons, Crit Strike/Multi.)

Your jewels could be improve. Attack speed is good, but ideally it'd be better to have AS and a couple damage rolls.

Elementalist and Catalyze from the Templar area have shown to not be the greatest use of points. That's 5 points, when you could instead grab the Forces of Nature cluster between Duelist and Ranger for 3 point and use the other two on another jewel socket. With more DPS you can respec the Mana Leech node as well. The split node in the Duelist area should be enough to sustain the mana needs.
^ very helpful post, thanks alot!

I'm gonna try your suggested skill tree adjustment and getting a better main hand weapon first.

Maybe I'll get a 30 int node with my next level up to deal with the int problem, you are right about the amulet, I really just got it for the int roll. It could be alot better.

The slow movement isn't really a problem for me though. I practically rarely ever move normally.

Thanks again!
Last edited by PatBateman12 on Dec 14, 2016, 6:15:48 PM
"
PatBateman12 wrote:

Life is at 5.3k

Spoiler

Your weapon is beyond terrible, heh. You have a 236 eDPS foil. You want to be at 360+ eDPS when at end game and red mapping. You can manage with 340 and good stats like extra crit multi, but you really want more however you get it. Weapons are cheap relative to week 1.

Also, life on amulet. You need life on every slot that isn't unique.

And yeah, Blade Flurry would help you.

Oh, and I just noticed you have an extra passive spent on dex near vaal pact leading up, remove that and you'll have an extra point to work with.

The biggest thing is those jewels. You want 3 damage stats in every slot. And you want them to be quality stats, not sub-6% attack speed.

Like I gave to someone on the previous page, this is the kind of search you want to run. http://poe.trade/search/nihukonoamiteh
El Psy Congroo.
Last edited by Patchumz on Dec 14, 2016, 6:28:51 PM
"
Patchumz wrote:
"
PatBateman12 wrote:

Life is at 5.3k

Spoiler

Your weapon is beyond terrible, heh. You have a 236 eDPS foil. You want to be at 360+ eDPS when at end game and red mapping. You can manage with 340 and good stats like extra crit multi, but you really want more however you get it. Weapons are cheap relative to week 1.

Also, life on amulet. You need life on every slot that isn't unique.

And yeah, Blade Flurry would help you.

Oh, and I just noticed you have an extra passive spent on dex near vaal pact leading up, remove that and you'll have an extra point to work with.

The biggest thing is those jewels. You want 3 damage stats in every slot. And you want them to be quality stats, not sub-6% attack speed.

Like I gave to someone on the previous page, this is the kind of search you want to run. http://poe.trade/search/nihukonoamiteh

thanks! didn't notice that dex node. and thanks for the link.

one thing I noticed is that eDPS doesn't seem to have that great an effect on sheet dps. How can that be? I just replaced my foil with this one :

yet it doesn't seem to do alot to my dps.

Maybe I will try Blade Flurry, too.

edit: Wow! I just went from struggling to stay alive whirling all over the place panic mode to facetanking xoph in about 5 seconds just by changing my main weapon, changing to blade flurry (which is fun, never tried it before) and the skill tree adjustments. this is sick, thanks guys!
Last edited by PatBateman12 on Dec 14, 2016, 7:29:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info