[2.6] Life Elemental Lacerate/BladeFlurry Inquisitor, Great clear/Damage (Guardian/Shaper viable)

"
PatBateman12 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Patchumz wrote:
"
PatBateman12 wrote:
soo, I really like this build but I seem to be kinda stuck. I am at level 88 and the highest tier of maps I have been able to do without dying is 11 and managed it only once.

Leveling up seems impossible unless I want to farm lower tier maps forever.

The only Breachlord I was able to kill consistently without dying or rarely dying is Xoph.

Life is at 5.3k

What can I do to progress? Are there ways to optimize my gear? Input appreciated!

Spoiler

Your weapon is beyond terrible, heh. You have a 236 eDPS foil. You want to be at 360+ eDPS when at end game and red mapping. You can manage with 340 and good stats like extra crit multi, but you really want more however you get it. Weapons are cheap relative to week 1.

Also, life on amulet. You need life on every slot that isn't unique.

And yeah, Blade Flurry would help you.

Oh, and I just noticed you have an extra passive spent on dex near vaal pact leading up, remove that and you'll have an extra point to work with.

The biggest thing is those jewels. You want 3 damage stats in every slot. And you want them to be quality stats, not sub-6% attack speed.

Like I gave to someone on the previous page, this is the kind of search you want to run. http://poe.trade/search/nihukonoamiteh

thanks! didn't notice that dex node. and thanks for the link.

one thing I noticed is that eDPS doesn't seem to have that great an effect on sheet dps. How can that be? I just replaced my foil with this one :

yet it doesn't seem to do alot to my dps.

Maybe I will try Blade Flurry, too.

edit: Wow! I just went from struggling to stay alive whirling all over the place panic mode to facetanking xoph in about 5 seconds just by changing my main weapon, changing to blade flurry (which is fun, never tried it before) and the skill tree adjustments. this is sick, thanks guys!

With "DPS" tooltip skills like Lacerate, attack speed can really boost the number. Going from a 1.97 APS foil to a 1.76 can show up big on the tooltip. (edit: or I guess technically "small" on the tooltip since it may not show much change. But, effectively you're hitting much harder which means stuff is more likely to die in 1 hit instead of multiple.)

Blade Flurry is a great skill. Great AoE, fantastic single-target. I think it gets better value out of the support gems as well.

But yeah, the more you DPS, the more you leech, the more you stay alive. The higher your health pool, the less likely you are to get one-shot. If you can survive the one-shots, you are almost sure to Vaal Pact your way to full health before the next attack.

Another thing to consider with the tree, it costs the same amount of points for the Blood Drinker leech cluster as the Golem's Blood cluster. Neither offer much bonus outside the health (Phys leech doesn't matter since we do elemental, and no regen with Vaal Pact). BUT the Golem's Blood puts you next to a 2 point jewel socket, which is more efficient than Blood Drinker. Plus if you get Acuity, you can drop Vaal Pact and make use of the regen. Jewel Sockets can make for an incredibly strong 2 points in this build.
Last edited by nEgativezEro89 on Dec 14, 2016, 7:43:02 PM
though im only level 56, how the hell do i sustain with mana? its fucking awful trying to do anything with a 6 link because the mana cost is ridiculous...
Alright so I upgraded some gear. I'm thinking I should save for better boots/belt and Doryani's Catalyst eventually. Here is my current set up;

Spoiler

Also I have two points left I haven't yet put into my tree. I was wondering if you guys think I should go for another jewel node or try pick up some more max life.

Currently I'm sitting on 4629 Life and lacerate deals 37k (AOE) and 58k (Single Target) dps buffed at the moment.

Thanks everyone.

"
Coatesy wrote:
Alright so I upgraded some gear. I'm thinking I should save for better boots/belt and Doryani's Catalyst eventually. Here is my current set up;

Spoiler

Also I have two points left I haven't yet put into my tree. I was wondering if you guys think I should go for another jewel node or try pick up some more max life.

Currently I'm sitting on 4629 Life and lacerate deals 37k (AOE) and 58k (Single Target) dps buffed at the moment.

Thanks everyone.

I would use the next 3 points on the Herbalism cluster. Then the next two on the jewel socket above that.

You need to change your offhand. A second foil offers very little. If you can't afford Doryani's yet, get Relentless Fury. Culling Strike/Onslaught is solid until you get Doryani.

Id definitely look at upgrading the belt. With high life/str rolls you can easily get +100 or more to life. Boots aren't bad, but you could get 20-30 more life out of them. Boots can get expensive though.
"
"
Coatesy wrote:

Spoiler

Thanks everyone.

I would use the next 3 points on the Herbalism cluster. Then the next two on the jewel socket above that.

You need to change your offhand. A second foil offers very little. If you can't afford Doryani's yet, get Relentless Fury. Culling Strike/Onslaught is solid until you get Doryani.

Id definitely look at upgrading the belt. With high life/str rolls you can easily get +100 or more to life. Boots aren't bad, but you could get 20-30 more life out of them. Boots can get expensive though.

Thanks for the reply!
In regards to the offhand weapon, is this only for blade flurry? Im currently using lacerate as my main skill and I notice when using relentless fury my dps feels considerably lower than if I was using two foils.

Edit: Do you guys think lacerate or BF would be a better skill to play with? I find either are fast enough for clear speed but Im feeling BF pulls ahead a bit on boss fights. Any input is welcome :)
Last edited by Coatesy on Dec 15, 2016, 11:07:45 AM
I have these two foils, if I switch to blade flurry I can get rid of one.

Which one offers better dps? I put them into a few calculators and ran my own but got varying results. I think the Soul scalpel pulls ahead slightly in dps but 20 or so. Help would be much appreciated.

The items in questions;

"
Coatesy wrote:

Thanks for the reply!
In regards to the offhand weapon, is this only for blade flurry? Im currently using lacerate as my main skill and I notice when using relentless fury my dps feels considerably lower than if I was using two foils.

Edit: Do you guys think lacerate or BF would be a better skill to play with? I find either are fast enough for clear speed but Im feeling BF pulls ahead a bit on boss fights. Any input is welcome :)

Yeah, that would only apply to BF. I forgot Lacerate can use axes as well. So Relentless Fury WOULD feel considerably worse with that skill. It's good for Flurry.

I would recommend you play what you enjoy more, as both skills are strong. But as for right now, Blade Flurry is the more powerful option. If you do go Blade Flurry, make sure to swap Multistrike to Faster Attacks.

"
Coatesy wrote:
I have these two foils, if I switch to blade flurry I can get rid of one.

Which one offers better dps? I put them into a few calculators and ran my own but got varying results. I think the Soul scalpel pulls ahead slightly in dps but 20 or so. Help would be much appreciated.

The items in questions;

Soul Scalpel is slightly better. You ideally want a Foil with 1.9+ APS. The avg elemental is a little lower, but the attack speed is better.
Any other options to Doryani's Catalyst? Started the league with this build and i got nothing to spent
Blade Flurry just feels infinitely better/smoother than Lacerate.
"
xxKillerZ wrote:
Any other options to Doryani's Catalyst? Started the league with this build and i got nothing to spent

If you're using Blade Flurry a Relentless Fury is fantastic to start with.
El Psy Congroo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info