[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
namad wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:
I think the one downside to Singularity is that you'd have to be close to proc the slow aura and subsequent damage buff it gives. So if you're playing safely away from ranged, I don't think the totems will proc it on enemies.

I may be wrong on this, but from what I've noticed. If you're basically in melee range to a mob, you'll see the blue colored aura on them to indicate Singularity is slowing them and also allowing them to take more damage. But further away it's not around even if they're within melee range of the totems.

Well the wiki says 25 range. Which is halfway between something like grace or discipline and a rapier.

Yes you'll be missing the damage a lot of the time. However when you're in most danger of dying you'll probably have both the damage and the slow. Also ya know, it's 1chaos instead of 20. I'm not saying it's better. I'm saying it might be good to level with from lvl62-80.

On another note though what's the best cast when damage taken combo for this build? without endurance charges I assume the increased duration immortal call would be a waste even with enduring cry thrown on. What about ice wall+phase run+decoy totem? would that be silly?

For it's price, the tradeoff is pretty good. There just needs to be some added defensive layers to prevent getting instagibbed/one-shotted to really make it work. But I think your idea of what to link with CWDT sounds nice.
The thing is when I die it's usually VERY fast before I can even think. So the old standby of enduring cry increased duration immortal call might be better? or just increased duration immortal call phase run?

I think that dagger+dagger or dagger+shield is probably best. However IF you're saving money by going dagger+scepter I think that unique is about as good as any other cheap scepter.
Last edited by namad on Dec 9, 2016, 11:37:01 PM
Or try - Cast When Damage Taken , Arctic Breath , Vortex & Greater Multiple Projectiles
https://www.twitch.tv/der_rasierer
I have to agree man. I feel pretty squishy. Getting passed 7K ES looks like it's going to be expensive.
"
tomay wrote:
"
chkumchkum wrote:
Still got done a couple times by big hitting map bosses...which were 2 levels below me, ouch.

Did you forget your Decoy Totem? ;)

Seriously, DT is one of the most underrated skill gems in the game and a real blessing for "squishy" builds. A boss taunted by the Decoy Totem will not attack you and if you still get hit by some AoE shenanigans you will take 10% less damage. Sure, you will loose one attack totem and it will take a bit longer to take him down but it's a helluvalot safer. And if you can spare a socket pimp the Decoy Totem with AoE. DT + Enfeeble will trivialize even the hardest-hitting bosses for you.

This really helps, especially boss fights in small areas. Got to L83 now by decoy totem when needed, blasph+enfeeble and a very passive play style. Used to play melee only so I like to jump into mobs, now I just don't go anywhere near them.
found my first exalted orb of the league.
go to poe.trade search for a platinum kris with at least 1% cast speed 1% spell damage and 1% (81%) critical chance for spells? cheapest one with mediocre rolls? 2exalted orbs, this build is REALLY popular.
"
namad wrote:
found my first exalted orb of the league.
go to poe.trade search for a platinum kris with at least 1% cast speed 1% spell damage and 1% (81%) critical chance for spells? cheapest one with mediocre rolls? 2exalted orbs, this build is REALLY popular.

Because essence drop rate is bad, not to mention that rate for essence with cast speed on daggers is even lower..
This build is dependent on the real skill. no bullshit :)
ing: Sehemyr
Maximising damage theory-craft:

1) Soul mantle: additional totem, 7 link potentially, needed curse immune pots though; Up to 4 totems with tukohama shield!

2) Low life: isn't low life could be and option for "30% more damage". Screw shaws, I don't mind dying to chaos damage occasionally

3) Righteous fire: this one is questionable, its hard to sustain high life degen, being in the upper part of the tree, shavs ring is needed pretty much

4) assassin's mark: I know power charges aren't gonna be generated for totems but "Cursed enemies have an additional (5-9)% chance to receive a Critical Strike; Cursed enemies take 20% increased extra damage from Critical Strikes". Does this work for totems? Potentially 1.2 mult + less crit investment

5) swapping elemental focus against ignite immunes (Shaper) boosts damage
88lvl here. Build is really squishy and I'm going to get Pious Path for that sweet regen. Get Zealoth Oath, some sulphur flasks and you will be really tanky to fight with those damn breaches (cold and lightning are way too OP). Playing with shield and dagger (gonna try to craft one with cast speed later). Overall DMG is pretty descent and I highly recommend to build up defence in breach league. Got 9000ES. You must learn one thing - even with 15-20k ES you will die, If you won't evade damage with whirling blades. You cannot leech so you can only rely on regen from consecrated ground. Pious Path is the right choice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info