[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Maybe i missed it but is this build viable with ES version? in 3.0
Last edited by NukeFonKillazz on Aug 1, 2017, 7:32:10 PM
"
Maybe i missed it but is this build viable with ES version? in 3.0

Mentionned as a bullet point, beginning of the post :
ES version nerfed heavily.

In the Defenses section :
"With the huge nerf to energy shield in 3.0, that version of the build has become a bit sketchy. You can still go for it and achieve 8k+ ES if you have a very high budget, but I don't recommend it (and at that point I'm going to assume you know how to build) so I'm not going to cover that in this guide."

So, take that as a no for you.
"
viperesque wrote:
snip

If you're in the market for other totem builds, you can follow this build more or less exactly, replace Flameblast and Faster Casting with Glacial Cascade and Physical to Lightning, swap Hatred in for Anger, and have a very strong GC totem build (~600k DPS in PoB). Alternatively, Dark Pact totems might be very strong depending on the exact numbers of the skill - seem quite like RF totems except the damage stacks.

I cant approve GC enough, specially when you feel you may miss some cast speed or are still lvling and getting geared, the new GC is awesome.
Also, take into account the last manifesto about chill & shock and we may have a very interesting alternative at release.
"
Corsica96 wrote:
Another random question. For early leveling, you state to use flame totem and frostbolt. Freezing pulse always seems to have a higher tooltip / is faster. Also, would it pay to spec into Ancestral Bond super early and level with dual firestorm totems, or is flame totem + firestorm or self-cast firestorm / firestorm totem most efficient? Trying to compare these options to your suggestions.

Freezing Pulse's tooltip is for point blank range - its damage falls off over distance. Frostbolt doesn't do that, so is a lot easier to one-shot mobs with. You can use FP if you prefer though.

"
Leemuria wrote:
I have never played any totem builds before. Currently it seems like there are 3 popular totem builds for 3.0: Flameblast, RF and Ancestral Warchief. And I would like to determine the pros and cons of these builds relative to each other. The most important thing for me is an ability to farm any end game content and a gear price required for that. Do you think that the Flameblast build is the best for that?

Thanks for your time and help:)

The quick version (IMO):

EDIT: NEVER MIND, RF TOTEMS GOT DECIMATED IN THE PATCH NOTES

Cost for doing all content:

RF < Pizza Sticks = AW

Clear speed

Pizza Sticks > RF = AW

Shaper/Guardian killing speed

AW > Pizza Sticks > RF

Survivability

AW > Pizza Sticks = RF

Lab running

AW >>> RF > Pizza Sticks

Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Aug 2, 2017, 2:15:32 AM
"
viperesque wrote:
"
Corsica96 wrote:
Another random question. For early leveling, you state to use flame totem and frostbolt. Freezing pulse always seems to have a higher tooltip / is faster. Also, would it pay to spec into Ancestral Bond super early and level with dual firestorm totems, or is flame totem + firestorm or self-cast firestorm / firestorm totem most efficient? Trying to compare these options to your suggestions.

Freezing Pulse's tooltip is for point blank range - its damage falls off over distance. Frostbolt doesn't do that, so is a lot easier to one-shot mobs with. You can use FP if you prefer though.

"
Leemuria wrote:
I have never played any totem builds before. Currently it seems like there are 3 popular totem builds for 3.0: Flameblast, RF and Ancestral Warchief. And I would like to determine the pros and cons of these builds relative to each other. The most important thing for me is an ability to farm any end game content and a gear price required for that. Do you think that the Flameblast build is the best for that?

Thanks for your time and help:)

The quick version (IMO):

Cost for doing all content:

RF < Pizza Sticks = AW

Clear speed

Pizza Sticks > RF = AW

Shaper/Guardian killing speed

AW > Pizza Sticks > RF

Survivability

AW > Pizza Sticks = RF

Lab running

AW >>> RF > Pizza Sticks

I would agree with all of the above but, for AW to compare, you better have an awesome weapon (Atziri's Disfavour Axe, 4-7ex) to be anywhere near effective as PS. Imo you will have to farm/flip less going RF or PS. They're all fun and all have their advantages and disadvantages.
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
"
Morehei wrote:

I cant approve GC enough, specially when you feel you may miss some cast speed or are still lvling and getting geared, the new GC is awesome.
Also, take into account the last manifesto about chill & shock and we may have a very interesting alternative at release.

Ditto on this. I actually timed this build with the two gemswaps mentioned (GC + Phys to Light). It seems like GC totems were able to kill Innocence / Kitava a bit faster than FB totems at the time (level 45) and dish out more consistent damage. We may be onto a strong alternative indeed with the new chill effects! The real beauty being that the tree is the exact same.
Last edited by Corsica96 on Aug 1, 2017, 11:33:56 PM
"
viperesque wrote:

If you're in the market for other totem builds, you can follow this build more or less exactly, replace Flameblast and Faster Casting with Glacial Cascade and Physical to Lightning, swap Hatred in for Anger, and have a very strong GC totem build (~600k DPS in PoB). Alternatively, Dark Pact totems might be very strong depending on the exact numbers of the skill - seem quite like RF totems except the damage stacks.

I'm not following you here. I started with the PoB flameblast build and gear, and just replaced flameblast/faster casting with glacial cascade/phys to light. dps dropped from 245k to 55k.
Last edited by Graiaule on Aug 1, 2017, 11:41:01 PM
Where the new gems the same levels as the one's you replaced?
"
Elwinkle wrote:
Where the new gems the same levels as the one's you replaced?

They were level 20 yes. Quality 0, but that didn't make a lot of difference. I don't get the point of physical to lightning, either, as the Glacial Cascade appears to be cold damage.
The beta GC is 60% phys to cold, add a phys to lighting = 100% ele damage.

Depending on your gear, it may be beneficial - at least it is for me, only at lvl 72 with this build and mapping T4.
Also it changes the playstyle, with GC you can go a bit more "in their faces" with the frost - those Kitava heralds frozen mid-air is gorgeous.

I dont want to derail the thread but this alternative is worth a try at least at low levels (and no I didnt PoB or red maps tested it).
Last edited by Morehei on Aug 2, 2017, 12:48:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info