[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
viperesque wrote:
"
Corsica96 wrote:
"Flameblast now grants 55% more ailment damage and 110% more spell damage per stage."

Technically a nerf! It's 110/110 on live.

Please, explain this :)
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
"Flameblast now grants 55% more ailment damage and 110% more spell damage per stage."

No Flat Fire damage anymore?

Deals (32-241) to (48-362) Fire Damage
110% more Spell Damage for each stage

Seems thats a really big nerf! Flameblast was biggest source of flat fire damage in game before.
Hi. Was wondering how well this build works with a 5 link? I don't normally bother going for 6 links due to them generally being far more work to grind for, so for temp leagues I try to find builds that work well with just a 5 link.

Not really looking to kill the Shaper or anything super difficult, just want something cheap and easy to build that can clear maps reasonably fast. Would I notice too much of a difference for that sort of thing?
Last edited by zacoda1 on Aug 2, 2017, 8:50:30 AM
"
zacoda1 wrote:
Hi. Was wondering how well this build works with a 5 link? I don't normally bother going for 6 links due to them generally being far more work to grind for, so for temp leagues I try to find builds that work well with just a 5 link.

Not really looking to kill the Shaper or anything super difficult, just want something cheap and easy to build that can clear maps reasonably fast. Would I notice too much of a difference for that sort of thing?

Simulated dps numbers for 6L you can see in guide, if we drop elemental focus, dps with 5L will be 240k per totem in single target and 130k dps in aoe setup. So you'll lose about 30% dps. So each totem will still get decent dps and you have 2 of them. Plus it's really easy to NOT die if just drop totems and start running around.
@viperesque
nice guide :)

Could you please include recommendations for lab gloves and boots enchants in the guide ?
"
Lazyorb3 wrote:
The cloak of defiance buffs look pretty good don't they? What are your thoughts on them

Yeah they do! Check out the new gear section, I'm recommending using it now.

"
Atum84 wrote:
thanks for the fast reply- i thought they buffed ES for 3.0, because it was anyway way too weak and too expensive, like forever

ES was objectively too strong before these nerfs, actually. They might have just gone a bit...overboard with them.

"
lourun_coria wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:
"
Corsica96 wrote:

Technically a nerf! It's 110/110 on live.

Please, explain this :)

On live, ignite damage is determined by hit damage, so benefits at full effectiveness from the 110% more spell damage per stage. In 3.0, ignite damage is separated from hit damage so wouldn't benefit from that at all. The new ailment damage modifier is only half strength compared to using the 110% spell damage like it used to. However, since we don't care about ignite damage anymore it doesn't actually matter. Thus, "technically".

"
zba555 wrote:

No Flat Fire damage anymore?

Deals (32-241) to (48-362) Fire Damage
110% more Spell Damage for each stage

Seems thats a really big nerf! Flameblast was biggest source of flat fire damage in game before.

Of course it's still there! Would be a pretty weird spell not to have base damage. General tip: if something isn't mentioned in the patch notes, that means it's unchanged. If it was removed they would say so.

"
zacoda1 wrote:

You won't notice too much difference until hard maps. Wouldn't recommend trying to do T16s on a 5L but anything up to early red maps should be fine (although with the increase in boss life in 3.0 I can't 100% confirm that).

"
Kharadas wrote:
@viperesque
nice guide :)

Could you please include recommendations for lab gloves and boots enchants in the guide ?

Good point! Sure, I'll pop in that and a pantheon section tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
i see in poe building 5k life and 2.6k mana how viable is that for endgame like shapper and uber? seems pretty one hit or im wrong can u explain?
I was looking at this as a possible starter for the new league...Few things came up in beta though that had me worried.

You stated inquis was better totem DPS than hiero. My own testing showed that to not be true. DPS were still a bit ahead for hiero. That was going the pious path. Ran out of orbs to make other changes.

Mob mechanics in beta had some changes. I frequently ran into mobs/bosses that would aggressively kill totems. Even with 4 it was a race at times. 2 would be suicide...

New mob skills and fast movers. Some of the new skills and fast movers are a real pain with flameblast. Not to mention the new port mobs.

Anyways... Food for thought.

NS

Speaking of the fast moving mobs and bosses etc...I'm really beginning to like Glacial Cascade totems even more (with this exact same build / tree). I wonder if this would have the potential to do endgame / Uber Lab / Uber Atziri / Shaper + Guardians as well?
Last edited by Corsica96 on Aug 3, 2017, 3:12:30 AM
Great guide which i've used before for a great starter. Just an FYI, the pastebin link is not importing correctly into pob - throws an error. I've tested other builds and they import ok so might need the link redone. Probably just because POB updated with the final tree changes before 3. Cheers :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info