Atlas Map drops...are terrible?

"
Kasapnica wrote:
Ever since Atlas launched im filled with Red maps,not just t11. Since today im even throwing many of them away to save space since 23 tabs can hold only so much... Don't trade for them,don't play all day(which doesn't matter anyway). Point is,someone's doing something wrong.

Last few days,i've been doing t14-15 and t16 most of the time. At some point i couldn't even rid myself of t16.

You're so full of it I bet your eyes are brown. Or we're playing two different games.

They can drop 2 levels higher when over 100%

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715389

IF THEY DROP AT ALL. :( Which they DO NOT over T10, AT ALL. :(
"
Masharab wrote:
"
GordonSpace wrote:
124% atm so atlas tells me "Maps drop at least one tier higher", I play t10 and what do I drop? a T8 map... Are you serious GGG?

One tier higher DROP. Your T7 map (that dropped as T7) with 124% will become T8 or T9 (24% chance). It's obvious.

you probably need glasses. I did not play a T7 map but a T10 map and dropped a T8. So the drop was not obvious.

Also the sentence "Maps drop at least one tier higher" must probably be changed. Cause that way I'd expected to drop every time a map with a higher tier than the map I am playing. So I actually should run out of lowtier maps not of high tiers!
"
GordonSpace wrote:
"
Masharab wrote:
"
GordonSpace wrote:
124% atm so atlas tells me "Maps drop at least one tier higher", I play t10 and what do I drop? a T8 map... Are you serious GGG?

One tier higher DROP. Your T7 map (that dropped as T7) with 124% will become T8 or T9 (24% chance). It's obvious.

you probably need glasses. I did not play a T7 map but a T10 map and dropped a T8. So the drop was not obvious.

Also the sentence "Maps drop at least one tier higher" must probably be changed. Cause that way I'd expected to drop every time a map with a higher tier than the map I am playing. So I actually should run out of lowtier maps not of high tiers!

Ignorance is bliss I guess. You aint even listening to people. A t10 map can drop t1-t12 map drops. So in this case you dropped a t7 (or maybe even t6) and it turned into a t8. It's not that hard.
Map drop of red maps is the worst of years of playing. I said many times previously GGG has control of map dropping and they ninja nerfed it if necessary. But this nerf lasting way tooo long. They nerfed exp gained, they nerfed map drops what will be next? :-(
I am guessing most people complaining here rolled 1 map with a lot of pack size and quantity and got nothing from the map and vowed never to map again. I just alch and go and if it's t14 or higher, i chisel it if i have the chisel. Never ending supply of maps...
"
MiniST wrote:
I am guessing most people complaining here rolled 1 map with a lot of pack size and quantity and got nothing from the map and vowed never to map again. I just alch and go and if it's t14 or higher, i chisel it if i have the chisel. Never ending supply of maps...
you are extremely lucky then. I run many t13+ and usually i get only lower tiwr than t13. Rarely highier. It didn't happens to me before 3.1.
"
MiniST wrote:

What a flawed assumption.

I can count the number of t15's I got from a drop this league on both hands. I chisel to 20%, alch and reroll if necessary.
My last two t13 shaped Shores for example...125% quantity, with 3 sac fragments and Zana Beyond or Bloodlines....nothing. Not one t13 or higher dropped.
This sort of gimped drop rate of red maps has been observable for the entirety of the league on every character I've played.
T13+ is extremely hard to sustain without sextants.

Red map drop rates have been over tweaked. Badly. I'm really quite confused why anyone argues it. I am truely blown away you have a "never ending supply" of t13+ while I use what I got, run out and /sadface.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Feb 22, 2018, 5:26:52 PM
"
Miská wrote:
"
GordonSpace wrote:
"
Masharab wrote:

Ignorance is bliss I guess. You aint even listening to people. A t10 map can drop t1-t12 map drops. So in this case you dropped a t7 (or maybe even t6) and it turned into a t8. It's not that hard.

Ok I think I understand what you do mean. However if that's the case, then the Sentence "Maps drop at least one tier higher" definately needs to be changed!

However thank you for lighting up. :)
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
MiniST wrote:
you are extremely lucky then. I run many t13+ and usually i get only lower tiwr than t13. Rarely highier. It didn't happens to me before 3.1.

i guess i am super lucky then. It has been the same way for 3 leagues for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info