Atlas Map drops...are terrible?

abyss was a slow start. was stuck at white maps for some time.
it's pretty damn hard to get any guardian maps. probably intended. lesser red maps drop quite often though and people are selling high maps so it's not an issue.
"
kompaniet wrote:
people are selling high maps so it's not an issue.

The rich selling to the poor, not an issue.

That's what you're saying and it's flawed logic. The fact maps are traded for currency isn't indicative of a problem or lack there of.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Feb 23, 2018, 9:35:32 PM
Drop rate of high tier maps is ridiculous low. Even with framents, chisels, map mods and so on ... I only do T14/15/T16 corrupted 20% maps with mostly fragments, a zana mod, ventor's gamble... still sometimes i get only a f... T5/T6 map ... have to buy high tier maps for insane amount of currency.

Worst drop rate since i play.
"
Palamabron wrote:
Drop rate of high tier maps is ridiculous low. Even with framents, chisels, map mods and so on ... I only do T14/15/T16 corrupted 20% maps with mostly fragments, a zana mod, ventor's gamble... still sometimes i get only a f... T5/T6 map ... have to buy high tier maps for insane amount of currency.

Ventors doesn't affect map drops. People need to learn this.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Palamabron wrote:

Ventors doesn't affect map drops. People need to learn this.

"10% increased quantity of items found" will not affect map drops? Is a map not an "item"?

Anyway ... i try what i can do to increase the map dops but still get rekt. Just finished another 8 mod 20% T14 Crimson Temple and got a T11 Pit Map ... that starts rly to bother me!

EDIT: btw ... i have 155/157 map completion
Last edited by Palamabron on Feb 24, 2018, 9:12:05 AM
Sigh. No. It doesn't. Maps are an exception to that.

You will always be able to cherry-pick examples of bad luck. Don't. No one cares. We all have bad luck from time to time and good luck that doesn't ever seem to make it to posts like this one.

A +2 map drop from a boss is essentially a +9 in value... if you go by the vendor value. A +1 drop is +3 value. You can't get one of those every time... you can't get one of those 1 time out of ten or maps would simply lose their value.

If you want to run T15... you have to commit to running T13+ a lot. That's just how this game works.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Feb 24, 2018, 9:22:30 AM
Ok .. beyond the fanboy statments, that everything works as intended, thats nevertheless the first time, that i have massive problems in doing endgame T14+ maps because the do not drop.

Thats a clear indicator for me, that something has been changed. Period.
"
Palamabron wrote:

Of course something has changed. Map drops are worse now than in previous leagues. There's no doubt about it. Even the prices of T13+ maps indicate that. There's more maps on the Atlas. Now, the question is really; "is this good or bad for the game overall?"

While Shags like to speak (write) and have opinions on everything, I don't think he has really experienced the T14+ map drops this league. I may be wrong.

The frustrating thing is, I am doing what everyone says I should be doing; Chisel, sextant, pack size, fragments and from time to time; corrupt. I have no chance keeping a steady map pool. There's ALWAYS dry periods of 10-20 maps without upgrades. It's more frustrating to see players doing the exact same thing as me bragging about a HUGE map pool, than not getting maps. Because I don't understand it. And I hate things I do not understand.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Feb 24, 2018, 10:33:07 AM
"
Palamabron wrote:
Ok .. beyond the fanboy statments, that everything works as intended, thats nevertheless the first time, that i have massive problems in doing endgame T14+ maps because the do not drop.

Maybe you've gained an extra chromosome?
Everything you've said has been proven wrong and you're trying to act smart when people say Ventor doesn't affect map drops. Obviously you have no clue what you're doing or saying.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
I've run a T14 map. My character really isn't up to it. But then, I don't trade, so getting as far as I did was a success in my book.

What the hell does my progress have to do with anything I said?

Harbinger was map heaven. People were running T15 maps for free and thus glutting the game with high level maps. They didn't like it. Players got used to it though and are back to normal crying that their candy got taken away. Pretty easy to understand.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Feb 24, 2018, 10:47:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info