Atlas Map drops...are terrible?

I've finished 111/126 maps.
I always chisel, alch and vaal. Still I'm always running out of red maps.
I get shitloads of 6-9 tiers sell them by 3 and still I can't get enough maps to run.
I even buy maps on poe.trade but its kinda expensive (
I don't know what else should I do to have maps ( Should I somehow manage atlas to "forget" low-tiers?

And another thing that I don't get: why I have to use same atlas for all characters? What if I need completely different strategy?
Last edited by hwat on Sep 6, 2017, 6:42:32 AM
1) take T11-T16
2) scour if not white
3) chisel to 20%
4) alc
5) chaos until double pack size (20%+)
6) run map
"
hwat wrote:
I've finished 111/126 maps.
I always chisel, alch and vaal. Still I'm always running out of red maps.
I get shitloads of 6-9 tiers sell them by 3 and still I can't get enough maps to run.
I even buy maps on poe.trade but its kinda expensive (
I don't know what else should I do to have maps ( Should I somehow manage atlas to "forget" low-tiers?

And another thing that I don't get: why I have to use same atlas for all characters? What if I need completely different strategy?

sorry for bringing up this thread but i have to let this out!

thats exactly also my point. I have completed also all objectives up to t10 maps and some red maps 124% atm so atlas tells me "Maps drop at least one tier higher", I play t10 and what do I drop? a T8 map... Are you serious GGG?

really i m gonna complain this to the GGG suport. I do not spend my ass into cosmetics and i am not even able to lvl my character to lv100. Still lv92 how the hell should I lvl my char damn it? Why am I always advised to other ppl and buy maps in order to get some reasonable exp?

That makes me angry ...
Last edited by GordonSpace on Feb 20, 2018, 1:56:19 PM
"
GordonSpace wrote:
124% atm so atlas tells me "Maps drop at least one tier higher", I play t10 and what do I drop? a T8 map... Are you serious GGG?

One tier higher DROP. Your T7 map (that dropped as T7) with 124% will become T8 or T9 (24% chance). It's obvious.
"
D3izhistory wrote:

This strategy has worked for me every league and i literally have too many maps i had to buy a map tab recently :(

just on buying the occasional guardian map, i had 6 full tabs of red maps during abyss
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
It's clear that GGG has pulled too many levers at once.

The issue I believe is that average pack size on maps now is MUCH lower than previous leagues. Even if all other things were held equal, i.e. no actual changes to map drops, the fact that maps on average have less monsters mean a lesser chance to drop a map: Can't get a map from a mob that isn't there.

Combine that with the addition of new maps and changes on how the map bonus works and you have a recipe for disaster.

That is why people that are using all sextants, zana mods, etc are having no issue sustaining while other who typically were sustaining with alch-and-go are no longer able to.

This needs more work.
T11+ drop rates are pretty horrid this league, yes. I usually just chisel + alc and go. While I never had to buy maps to sustain, I never found anything higher than the very occasional t13. But had to run t11-12 mostly. And then back to 9s and 10s when those ran out. I'm obviously not maximizing the map rolls though, or sextanting. So i can't really complain.
No shortage of lower tier maps for me, but definitely problems with T13+. I've been clearing all my old maps in Standard, but haven't been getting anything like a 1:1 drop rate of red-for-red maps, never mind actually getting upgraded tiers of drops. I do better from divination cards, and that's not saying much.
I found some issues while running maps this league too. More precisely I've been stuck around map tier 8 to 10 where I was basically just dropping lower tier maps and that forced me to buy most of the maps I then run.
Since it is too expensive to chisel + vaal those maps then there are not many solution left.

I think the system right now is not working as intended. It forces you to buy/trade maps or run too many time the same maps which after a while do not grant much experience so then it becomes to be boring...
"
D3izhistory wrote:
"
D3izhistory wrote:

This strategy has worked for me every league and i literally have too many maps i had to buy a map tab recently :(

just on buying the occasional guardian map, i had 6 full tabs of red maps during abyss

lolololol
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info