Temp Leagues are the metastases riddling this game (better now, support?)

My two cents.

1) Temp leagues should stay. A lot of people play temp leagues exclusively for the fresh economy (myself included).

2) Create a non-selectable "Void League" i.e. you cant create a character in void league. No trading or vendors. No guild stash, you get 1 currency tab and that's it (stash can't be expanded). Mobs only drop: maps, currency, and keys items(so you can finish the storyline). Atziri, Uber Atziri, Council, and Rigwald can be fought at any time through Zana with no fragment/talismans necessary. Basically it's a trophy league for playing your old characters and get them to 100.

3) At the end of a league temp league characters go to void league. All currency and current inventory transfers over. (this ensures that if you're build utilizes gear/gem swapping you can still do so). Stashed gear does not transfer over . Everything Equipped and in you transferred inventory goes permanent-legacy (unaffected by nerfs, retroactive nerfs, mechanic changes) this includes skill gems.

4) Blessed/Divine Orbs in "Void League" re-roll your gear's legacy stats and doesn't update them to new stats.
"
Megatyrant wrote:
Mobs only drop: maps, currency, and keys items(so you can finish the storyline).

Only useful items instead of the mass item-vomit we have now practically mandating loot filters?

Sounds like heaven.

I'd only play old characters in there. Ever.
Lol... yea good luck with that suggestion OP

On the contrary, temp. leagues are what keeps the game alive. I used to play before the first temp. leagues started and the game had become stale and boring as shit. A fresh economy is what most people are looking for, which is obvious from the % of players in temp leagues vs those in perm leagues.

At least half the playerbase will quit in a heartbeat if they ever remove temp.leagues. And there's no point in discussing this anyway, since it is something GGG will never do.
Last edited by stalkingjackal on Aug 31, 2016, 11:54:10 AM
"

At least half the playerbase will quit in a heartbeat if they ever remove temp.leagues. And there's no point in discussing this anyway, since it is something GGG will never do.

By your calculations nearly half the playerbase will leave if they keep shitting on permanent leagues.
"
plodd wrote:
"

By your calculations nearly half the playerbase will leave if they keep shitting on permanent leagues.

That's not what he's saying at all.
"
plodd wrote:
"

Lol wut?
"
plodd wrote:
"

Not even half the playerbase is playing standard. Last time we got numbers from GGG it was 80-20. So at most 20% would leave and technically the OP is complaining about GGG shitting on standard, so that is already the case and obviously most people decided to just play temp leagues instead or some do both and switch from time to time or some left, but more came to play the temp. leagues.

It is essentially impossible to maintain an economy in a neverending league. You would have to ensure that items simply break from using after some time. "Hey you stood in that laser? Now you have a hole in your shavs, get a new one."

Delete what people like playing because so many people are playing it that GGG want to work hard to make it more fun?
That sounds backwards.
ign: Quepha
ok, let's play this game

-wipe standard (all gear/currency)
-once every 3 months we now have a "theme", something new and interesting that might not end in the core
-every 3 months there are a separate race(voided) to 100, ends when someone gets 100, HC only

result: 75% of the players would quit, rip most of the servers, maybe even new acts
d:-D*
Temp leagues are the only reason that keeps this game alive. This is one of the most laughable thread I ve seen in a while

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info