Temp Leagues are the metastases riddling this game (better now, support?)

thought experiment:

if the majority weren't so keen on doing the exact same thing every 3 months...

the game would actually have to be DEVELOPED to stay interesting.

so it's actually very simple to permanently improve this game so much it can become the best of its genre: REMOVE TEMP LEAGUES.

most of you certainly haven't thought about the game design underlying PoE. so you will likely laugh about the notion I'm suggesting. but with a little more thought it should become clear that to a lot of users doing the exact same thing, namely levelling and grinding a char from 1-90, while doing a bunch of challenges on the SIDE, only to discard that character afterwards, and start another one to do the same thing again and again and again... is kinda FUCKING BORING after a while. and face it, all leagues are the exact same, there's just a different buff over the monster's head. it's becoming more and more ridiculous to call it "new" or even "content" (LOL) with every recent instance

so you might say: play standard instead. I do. but standard isn't getting any development! (only the crumbs of league mods from time to time) standard is only ggg's unwanted stepchild and this has to change in order for the game to actually evolve. cause right now it's in permanent standstill mode, and the Atlas of mundaneness only cemented that. in cement.

I can only ask you to contemplate. how does doing the same thing in 3-month intervals provide you with long-term motivation? couldn't there be another way to be motivated to log in every day, working on goals not measured in months or even hours (races, WTF?) but in the entire lifespan of the game ITSELF?

in short, the development capacity is squandered in my opinion. ggg gets away with doing the lazy man's job ONLY because the players lap the resulting mediocre product up like it was manna. why? because there is no other game available that can edequately fill the hack and slash slot. nobody knows that better than I do...

so, people like to complain a lot about insignificant stuff, like skill nerfs or the appearance of creatures holding the life and mana balls. (again, LOL).

why not complain about something significant, for once, instead...

REMOVE TEMP LEAGUES TO MAKE ONE CONSISTENT GAME THAT AIMS AT MOTIVATING ALL PLAYERS IN THE LONG-TERM
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Sep 1, 2016, 5:58:25 AM
Last bumped on Sep 1, 2016, 8:17:56 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
A lot of people will leave and all of their support with it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Aug 31, 2016, 5:28:13 AM
temp leagues should stay some ppl like it, but they cant fuck with standard and just balance the league around a " meta " this is not a moba.. for fuck sake just buff shit skills and monster power u do not need to destroy good builds, specially those that cost the price of your soul.
Oh yes that is smart. You say doing the Leagues is boring but standart is not? Why i s Standart more Fun than Leagues? Please explain me where the fun is if you can have every item because there is no money sink at all. And yes Ambush, Beyond, Phrophecy, Tempest they all did not change the gameplay at all.

Oh raonni again spiting his toxic because he does not get that the Prices are Player made.
Last edited by Aikeen86 on Aug 31, 2016, 5:30:08 AM
prices are made by GGG the moment they decided to make a legacy, wait to see the bwo from last league, its now legacy the price will be insane !
"
LMTR14 wrote:

why not complain about something significant, for once, instead...

I'm curious:

What would you consider something significant that would be more likely noticed in standard long-term play but goes unnoticed in short-term league play?
Literally. What?
And? PEOPLE are selling them Expensive NOT GGG. PEOPLE say i want 1245125125 Exalts NOT GGG. And simply you can blame the Players paying that extreme prices, because if they would not pay it, the price would fall.

Why are you bitching that much that your copied Build is not super OP anymore? Especially in Standart everything is so fucking easy to optain because everything is dirt cheap. YOU decide that you want Legacy items but there is NOT A SINGLE build who NEEDS a Legacy in order to work.
i didnt copied my build i did all passive tree myself, gear wise all mjolner are the same.
No there are not. There you show exactly that you do not have a clue what you are talking about. There are a lot of differences in What Auras you use, because if you use Soultaker you can use one Aura/Curse more, if you go double or triple course you will use different items, if you go shield you go completly different, there are Lowlife versions of it, there are Pure Life and so on. Sorry but your words you know everything about the game are just bullshit if you state "every Mjölner build is same"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info