Temp Leagues are the metastases riddling this game (better now, support?)

temp leagues keep this game afloat
/thread
ign - FancySneakyDevil
"
Raonni wrote:
i didnt copied my build i did all passive tree myself, gear wise all mjolner are the same.

You say dont fuck with standard, but what version of the game ?, which build number, what was powerful for your build in one version is shit for some other player. So which version of the game is the right one to keep ? Yours, the other guys ? This is why you don't ever assume anything and pay attention.

This was forewarned weeks ago and everyone knew and all you had to do was make your preparations and accept that the game does not revolve around you or any other player.
Last edited by stormyknight on Aug 31, 2016, 5:48:45 AM
gear wise they are almost the same, u just want attention, there not like 64654 mjolner builds, stop talking shit
Besides levelling to 100, which is IMO an insane thing to endeavour, Standart doesn't offer any goals. Most of my chars in Std can faceroll 95% of the content and the rest 5% is hardly accessible. There's not much fun to do in Std. It's just a place where I go theorycraft builds.

League resets otoh, allow me to:

* Experience a re-balanced core game from a fresh start
* Have fun with looting again. 99.999% of loot drops in Std are pure garbage, because of legacy items
* Have many goals to accomplish

Removing temp leagues == killing ~3/4 of the playerbase.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Again you skip what i say. So wearing a Heretic, Shavronne's and a Doedres plus a Prism Guarding is the Same like wearing Devotos, a rare ring, Kingsguard and a soul taker in the Offhand? Yes that is totaly the Same.
lol
"
Doitfrlulz wrote:
temp leagues keep this game afloat
/thread
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
LMTR14 wrote:
if the majority weren't so keen on doing the exact same thing every 3 months...

But it's not the same thing, it's a new league with different stuff.
You do know that not everybody does the same build every league, don't you?

"
LMTR14 wrote:
most of you certainly haven't thought about the game design underlying PoE. so you will likely laugh about the notion I'm suggesting. but with a little more thought it should become clear that to a lot of users doing the exact same thing, namely levelling and grinding a char from 1-90, while doing a bunch of challenges on the SIDE, only to discard that character afterwards, and start another one to do the same thing again and again and again... is kinda FUCKING BORING after a while.

Wait, you haven't been doing the same build every league have you?

"
LMTR14 wrote:
and face it, all leagues are the exact same, there's just a different buff over the monster's head. it's becoming more and more ridiculous to call it "new" or even "content" (LOL) with every recent instance

Compared to the exact same buffs that they've always had in Standard?

"
LMTR14 wrote:
so you might say: play standard instead. I do. but standard isn't getting any development! (only the crumbs of league mods from time to time) standard is only ggg's unwanted stepchild and this has to change in order for the game to actually evolve. cause right now it's in permanent standstill mode, and the Atlas of mundaneness only cemented that. in cement.

What else do you think would happen in Standard that challenge leagues and other content updates are preventing? New uniques? Encounters? Bosses?

"
LMTR14 wrote:
I can only ask you to contemplate. how does doing the same thing in 3-month intervals provide you with long-term motivation? couldn't there be another way to be motivated to log in every day, working on goals not measured in months or even hours (races, WTF?) but in the entire lifespan of the game ITSELF?

I can't help but be reminded of the reactions some people had on discovering the skill changes that their "entire lifespan of the game" characters would be undergoing.
If that's what lifespan goals bring, I'm thankful I don't have them.

"
LMTR14 wrote:
in short, the development capacity is squandered in my opinion. ggg gets away with doing the lazy man's job ONLY because the players lap the resulting mediocre product up like it was manna. why? because there is no other game available that can edequately fill the hack and slash slot. nobody knows that better than I do...

Uh... what do you think the development capacity would be spent on other than content, optimisation, graphics and balancing?

"
LMTR14 wrote:
so, people like to complain a lot about insignificant stuff, like skill nerfs or the appearance of creatures holding the life and mana balls. (again, LOL).

why not complain about something significant, for once, instead...

REMOVE TEMP LEAGUES TO MAKE ONE CONSISTENT GAME THAT AIMS AT MOTIVATING ALL PLAYERS IN THE LONG-TERM

I'll be honest, I find the challenge leagues far more motivating than Standard.

If you could come up with some ways of motivating me to stick to Standard, I'd be interested in hearing what they were.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Your whole post sounds like you will never be happy with what the game offers no matter what they do.Your looking for something impossible.
How about keeping the development cycle of 3 months for league mechanics and applying it standard and league at the same time. League could be focusing on completing challenges and racing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info