Choosing to not Complete Maps on the Atlas

"
Namcap wrote:
"
sinmoon wrote:
Thanks Chris, at least now we have a way to respec Atlas so no alt account required. But still I just want to remind you guys that the "choices" only make sense if "map balance" really make it so beetwen complete all maps and lock some "trash" map is really debatable ( there is no "trash" map left, every maps in same tier give comparable result) .Otherwise only new players who don't know anything about the system would choose to complete all maps and this seem like a punishment for them and for whoever prefer to exploring . I hope "map balance" is really good to make me want to complete all maps though.

Still waiting to see what they mean by balance between maps. But I'll gladly run your shit layout Necropolis if they give it 30% pack size by default and I'll sell you my Gorge maps for a lot more. Like 99.97% of the players of this game, I won't hit level 100 and have no intention to. I do like to play the game, which for me means not running the exact same linear layout for 46 hours a week. Diversity has a value.

well, one of the big reasons people get fed up with maps is that most of them are crap, be it shit layout, no room for enough mobs spawning, a lot of back tracking, no good divination card drops, over tuned bosses and so on......i don't have high hopes that maps like dungeon, torture, tunnel, underground river and so on will be done properly, so i am hoping that they will put interesting divination cards in them......or maybe some other solutions
Expensive currency?????

All maps have been edited, so for players they will have to explore it before finding how good/bad maps are for clearing!

Will there be any currency to remove sextant mode, because if this mod can not be played (Blood magic for example) with current build than it means we have to just open 5 maps to be able remove this mod?

Please read my suggestions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1714099/page/24

No need any new currency, can't leave only T15 maps open for drop (at least 1 route from start till T15 should exists)!

Also question about using Shaper's Orb twice?! T1 Shaper Orb on T1 map, and after that T6 Shaper Orb on this already Shaped map!?

Also what will happen do drops of T1 maps if you Shape all T1 maps in T6?
Will Non-map instances drop Shaped T1 maps?
Still have to ask this question... Can a boss still drop +2 maps when you have not discovered the tier that is two higher? ... And can bosses still drop +2 maps at all?
Hopefully some players had a better view in less than a week than GGG who was working for 3 months on this. How they didn't see the flaws of their design is beyond me. We will see for the map "balance" thing.
Too bad the offered solution is just a bandage on a wooden leg...
"
sarannah101 wrote:
Still have to ask this question... Can a boss still drop +2 maps when you have not discovered the tier that is two higher? ... And can bosses still drop +2 maps at all?

bosses can still drop +2 maps but only if you have already unlocked those maps.
don't expect +2 maps to drop when you build your map pool / atlas.

at least this is what i have read so far multiple times.
This wasn't a concern for me...but cool to see it fixed. I guess a large group of players complaining do have their voices heard sometimes. Have to pick your battles around here.

Now about that Lab... :-)
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
"
sarannah101 wrote:

Isn't this a pretty big nerf to map tier progression? Can't find higher levels maps until you've already found them. Circular formula error, rebooting brain.
Good decision, thank you for listening to community feedback.
"
Namcap wrote:
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
"
sarannah101 wrote:

Isn't this a pretty big nerf to map tier progression? Can't find higher levels maps until you've already found them. Circular formula error, rebooting brain.
You can find maps that are connected to the map you're on even if you haven't completed it yet, but maps will only be connected to maps that are a single tier higher than them. So you can still go up one tier at a time.
ign: Quepha
"
fasknifer wrote:
PLS don't make "choice of whether to leave certain maps locked" debated. That make player can't do certain map whole league.
I can accept "choice of running which maps" debated.

Locked just means they won't drop for you. If you trade for the map, you can still run it, and as long as you don't kill the boss, the map will stay shrouded on your Atlas. So it's not locked in the sense that you can never set foot in it, it's locked in the sense that it won't drop from monsters in your other maps. By choosing which maps drop, in this way, it's your 'choice of running maps'.

Sorry if that's confusing, but trust me, it works more like you want it to than you think it does :P

"
Ithi wrote:
My solution to this problem

This isn't a problem inherent to the system, it's a 'problem' you guys are creating for yourselves. I think most people agree there aren't enough top tier tile sets right now when it comes to T9+, but if GGG are true to their word and give us multiple desirable maps per tier, you'll have no one to blame but yourselves if you're still hung up on finding only the 'best' one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info