Choosing to not Complete Maps on the Atlas

"
Nephalim wrote:
"
We believe that the correct and dominant strategy will be for players to unlock all maps.

The dominant strategy is to unlock every t11 and lower map and unlock only the single best 11,12,13,14,15,16.

Things will go like this. This will make "30 new maps" be a joke.
We don't run all lower map so we unlock all of them. We run high lvl maps so we keep lock all of them except one each tier. (T16 you only need 1 too, you can trade for other 3 fragments)
OK, you have 100 maps, and we run only 6 maps after 1 week since league began.

WTF!!!
Come on Chris, give us a reason we don't do this, give us a reason why we should run the seventh map!

We will only run 6 of 100 MAPS in 2.75 months!!!!

Last edited by fasknifer on Aug 25, 2016, 10:11:22 AM
Realy like how energised comunity and devs are.
No other game i know have this mach life in it.
Making Atlas will be complite expiriance now.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Aug 25, 2016, 10:01:41 AM
Thanks God! Thanks GGG! Thanks all concerned about this game people! :P

What a time to be alive! What an awesome news! :3

Now I am looking forward AoW and Essences again!

Oh. Too much "!", but whatever. xd

There is still room for improvements though.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Aug 25, 2016, 10:28:17 AM
Thanks Chris, at least now we have a way to respec Atlas so no alt account required. But still I just want to remind you guys that the "choices" only make sense if "map balance" really make it so beetwen complete all maps and lock some "trash" map is really debatable ( there is no "trash" map left, every maps in same tier give comparable result) .Otherwise only new players who don't know anything about the system would choose to complete all maps and this seem like a punishment for them and for whoever prefer to exploring . I hope "map balance" is really good to make me want to complete all maps though.
"
sinmoon wrote:
Thanks Chris, at least now we have a way to respec Atlas so no alt account required. But still I just want to remind you guys that the "choices" only make sense if "map balance" really make it so beetwen complete all maps and lock some "trash" map is really debatable ( there is no "trash" map left, every maps in same tier give comparable result) .Otherwise only new players who don't know anything about the system would choose to complete all maps and this seem like a punishment for them and for whoever prefer to exploring . I hope "map balance" is really good to make me want to complete all maps though.

They need make the best map value - the second map value < 1% IIQ.
"
sinmoon wrote:

Still waiting to see what they mean by balance between maps. But I'll gladly run your shit layout Necropolis if they give it 30% pack size by default and I'll sell you my Gorge maps for a lot more. Like 99.97% of the players of this game, I won't hit level 100 and have no intention to. I do like to play the game, which for me means not running the exact same linear layout for 46 hours a week. Diversity has a value.
Ill break my promise of never buying new supporter packs :P
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
fasknifer wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
We believe that the correct and dominant strategy will be for players to unlock all maps.

The dominant strategy is to unlock every t11 and lower map and unlock only the single best 11,12,13,14,15,16.

Things will go like this. This will make "30 new maps" be a joke.
We don't run all lower map so we unlock all of them. We run high lvl maps so we keep lock all of them except one each tier. (T16 you only need 1 too, you can trade for other 3 fragments)
OK, you have 100 maps, and we run only 6 maps after 1 week since league began.

WTF!!!
Come on Chris, give us a reason we don't do this, give us a reason why we should run the seventh map!

We will only run 6 of 100 MAPS in 2.75 months!!!!

Ive posted solution to this in Feedback and Suggestions sub forum.

My solution to this problem is using mechanic similar to Warbands league. Have everyday random pool of maps affected by desired and undesired effects. Pushing players to run different maps and giving them reason to explore whole atlas - get access to all positively affected maps each day.

This mechanic could be made "smart" by adding negative effects to overplayed maps in day and positive effects to maps played least.
"
As03 wrote:
It it me only or does anyone of you think it's a bad idea to be able to do a "better" atlas than someone else ?
Shouldn't it be about exploration and not efficiency ?

I think its a case of letting you make that call and giving you the tools to customize your endgame experience around your definition of what endgame should be about.

If "better" than a full explore ends up coming down to personal taste then I think its in a good place. Thats what Im seeing, from a numbers perspective, given the player is a trader, doing a full explore is the way to go. Its not what everyone will do and different people will leave different maps locked because of personal preferences and goals, but its what will make the most sense for most people to do.

I make better builds than most other people, and of course I believe that or I wouldnt be making those builds. But other people disagree and they think the way they build is better. Thats sort of what the game is about, finding what you think is better and then doing it. If there was 1 best way to do everything then there would be nothing to 'play', I feel like the game is in those decisions.

Someone like HvR or Etup is going to have a different build than me, a different atlas than me and this stems from us having completely different goals, were trying to answer different questions so of course we have different answers. Who has the 'better' atlas? Who has the better build? Well, me of course, because Im the one answering that question right now and if I thought theirs was the best way Id be doing the same thing :D. But thats an opinion, its not a universal fact, as long as they disagree with me we have a healthy and interesting situation.
great , thanks for listening to the community :)

that said, pls add something to maps so people have a reason to run all maps.. someone suggested in another thread having all maps of one type give a special bonus or penalty each day... giving a reason to run that map on that day.. wouldnt something like this be easy to implement? and give a reason to play all maps? maybe today all cell maps have weakness extra , or all orchard maps have extra pack size and all gorge maps have extra cold damage.. something like that should be easy.. changing each day like the lab? .. so maybe today is a great day to run cells, and tomorrow gorge is better, etc.. :)
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info